• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trinity: True or False?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Uhm... OK
You seem to be describing modalism:

Modalism, also called Sabellianism, is the unorthodox belief that God is one person who has revealed himself in three forms or modes in contrast to the Trinitarian doctrine where God is one being eternally existing in three persons. According to Modalism, during the incarnation, Jesus was simply God acting in one mode or role, and the Holy Spirit at Pentecost was God acting in a different mode. Thus, God does not exist as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit at the same time. Rather, He is one person and has merely manifested himself in these three modes at various times. Modalism thus denies the basic distinctiveness and coexistence of the three persons of the Trinity.
https://www.theopedia.com/modalism

Muffled

Jesus in me
If it's a fact then show me a scripture that says there is a Trinity.

Father:
Matt 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Son:
Luke 22:70 So they all said, “Are you the Son of God, then?” And he said to them, “You say that I am.”

Paraclete:
John 14:20 In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Classic strawman Muffled.

I said Trinity. Not three things.

Unless of course you dont need the difference.

I believe I know the difference, so if you are not denying the verses say there are three things then you are saying they are not related. Do you need verses to show the relation is that each is God?

moorea944

I believe I know the difference, so if you are not denying the verses say there are three things then you are saying they are not related. Do you need verses to show the relation is that each is God?

I would like to see that.

moorea944

John 10:30 I and the Father are one.

John 14:20 In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

Thank you for those verses, but they have nothing to do with the false doctrine called the trinity.

[John 10:30 I and the Father are one.]
Jesus had every right to say that. Jesus said that he was here to do his father's will and that he was here in his father's name. Jesus represented his father in everything that he did. He was insync with the father. God was working through his son. (2 Cor 5). You have to remember that Jesus was a man. He even called himself a man too. Did he forget that he was a God? No, of course not.

Cant we say that me and my wife are one? Or I'm one with my family? Absolutely. Jesus is not God, there is only one God. He is the "image" and the "likeness" of his father. A perfect manifestation. It's just strange that Peter says in Acts 2, when he's standing up and talking to a large group of people that all of Jesus's miracles werent his, but it was his father's miracles that he was doing through his son. I just find that strange that Jesus cant do anything without his father if he was God himself.

[John 14:20 In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.]
You might want to read that verse again. He's talking about himself, God and us. Same with John 17.....