• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trinitarian? Sure, sort of

lostwanderingsoul

If you think it is two persons, then which one was the creator? If you say it was YHWH then I refer you to Colossians 1:14-18 , and if you say it was the Messiah then I refer you to Isaiah 44:24

Please provide answers for the things I said in post 197. Explain about the voice in the wilderness - prepare the way of YHWH, yet he prepared the way for the Messiah.

And my question was WHY did he have to pray if he was God?
Maybe we are just playing with names. You refer to YHWH and Messiah. The Bible talks about a Father and a Son. I cannot comment on YHWH and Messiah. I only say that Father and Son are two distinct "persons". And as for the family comparison - if a man named Bill Jones has a son named Frank Jones, they are two people but both are Jones. Father and Son can be two persons but both God. YHWH is part of God and Messiah is part of God. So preparing the way for Messiah was preparing the way for God since Messiah was God.

lostwanderingsoul

Ok I assumed you would be familiar with the verses. Here is the support for post #196.
John 10:30
John 14:7-9
John 2:19-21
John 15:23-25
Luke 10:22

Now please show me your Bible support for there being a God family. Of course we can become children of God, but that doesn't make us God.
I already said that John 1:12 talks about children of God. A man can have many sons but they are still one family. And if you are the som of a man named Jones then you are a Jones. John 10:30 supports the idea that the father and son are one in the sense of one family. And that family is God.

lostwanderingsoul

Ok I assumed you would be familiar with the verses. Here is the support for post #196.
John 10:30
John 14:7-9
John 2:19-21
John 15:23-25
Luke 10:22

Now please show me your Bible support for there being a God family. Of course we can become children of God, but that doesn't make us God.
"Of course we can become children of God but that doesn't make us God". That is exactly the lie Satan wants us to believe. We can inherit the exact same things Jesus will inherit so we will be equal to Jesus. And when you talk about inheriting, that again shows two people. One person does not inherit from himself. So Jesus and the Father must be two separate persons for one to inherit something from the other.

TrueBeliever37

Maybe we are just playing with names. You refer to YHWH and Messiah. The Bible talks about a Father and a Son. I cannot comment on YHWH and Messiah. I only say that Father and Son are two distinct "persons". And as for the family comparison - if a man named Bill Jones has a son named Frank Jones, they are two people but both are Jones. Father and Son can be two persons but both God. YHWH is part of God and Messiah is part of God. So preparing the way for Messiah was preparing the way for God since Messiah was God.

Please don't avoid the question. Who was the creator? The Father (YHWH) as in Isaiah 44:24 or the Son (the Messiah) as in Colossians 1:14-18

or is it just possible the Son to be born would also be the mighty God and the everlasting Father? Just as prophesied in Isaiah 9:6

TrueBeliever37

You said Messiah was God. Yes, and there is only one God, and God's name is YHWH - So the Messiah was YHWH dwelling in a fleshly body.

In the original Hebrew it says prepare ye the way of YHWH. YHWH is God's personal name. There is only one YHWH. So if John the baptist (the voice) prepared the way for the Messiah, then the Messiah had to be YHWH.

Last edited:

lostwanderingsoul

You said Messiah was God. Yes, and there is only one God, and God's name is YHWH - So the Messiah was YHWH dwelling in a fleshly body.

In the original Hebrew it says prepare ye the way of YHWH. YHWH is God's personal name. There is only one YHWH. So if John the baptist (the voice) prepared the way for the Messiah, then the Messiah had to be YHWH.
In Genesis 3:4 God says his name is "I am". What verse does he say it is YHWH?