• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trigger warning: I'm bisexual, and want to support LGBTQI+ rights.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
How we control and restraint our desires not only affects us, but affects people all around the world. At the OP, God leaves nothing unexplained, if it was permissible, God would be the first to advocate it and teach it and honor it. Look to God to guide and don't rely on conjecture or flowery words of misleading people of caprice.

You are to fight the good fight and not settle for anything but God, his chosen ones, and the paradise meant for you.

This thread isn't about you or your opinions. Create a debate thread if you wanna talk about your drivel.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We are all interconnected. Wasting time creates ignorance, by ignorance the oppressors rule and misguide humans, and spread corruption and chaos in the earth.

Not relying on God's guidance, makes people eventually misguided by their caprice and whatever idols they chose to follow.

This is the reality. Desires don't choose right and wrong, nor change reality.

Family structure is the heart of humanity, and how we go about is one of the most dire ways on how to organize and respect our humanity and respect ourselves.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Your church friends care about you while the people who acknowledge your choice only seem to. They wish to justify their opposition and rebellion and following their caprice. They wish to misguide you and don't care if you lose God and everything in the next world as you get lost and lost when the holy books give mental clarity.
We don’t get many visitors from the 12th Century. Will you be visiting this century for an extended period?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Part of a criteria of something being permissible or good to do (either or) is that if everyone does it, there is no harm.

Sure, someone may wonder, why can't they receive a million dollars from the government. But the government can't afford to give everyone a million dollars.

This how good and evil is assessed. It's not only if a few people doing it brings no harm, is the consequence of what harm comes about if it increases to a mass scale.

Now if no free-will is involved, and they can't push themselves out of such thoughts, then it's not evil. However, if free-will is involved, than there are great dangers if people deem it permissible. The consequences is that the traditional family structure and whole purpose of dynamic dance between males and females and God creating them to compliment one another, will be destroyed.

This is because without suppressing it and seeing it disgusting and vile, society will eventually think it's good to be bisexual.
I'm sorry, but this is nonsense. Broad generalizations based on the idea that "every human is the same and therefore ought to do the same things." Thus, having 6 kids must be bad, because if everybody did it, the world would be overcrowded before very long at all. Or, having no kids must be bad, because if everybody did it, the world would be depopulated in short order.

Nothing is ever so simplistic. Life, and especially human life, is hugely more complex than that.

And your simplistic notions of "good" and "bad" are troubling. It seems to forget that it is often very true that something that is good for one person is also good for everybody else. Not so. My blood pressure medication would kill my lover, if he took it, and kill me if I stopped taking it.

Grow up.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I already did. Morals never work in a way that "if I do it what harm can come about", it's always you have to apply "what happens if a lot of people or most start doing it".

This how morals work.

For Kant, yes. But this is one ethical perspective and even then is more complicated than that.

categorical imperative | Summary & Examples

For the most part, human social and sexual behavior is too complex to easily apply a universal to. This appears to be an evolutionary advantage for us generalists.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I was afraid of teeing people off.
I cannot imagine anyone here on RF disrespecting you because of your position on sexuality.

I think you are safe here.

Even the opposition from @Link feels respectful to me, even if it does not represent the consensus point of view.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, and Plus! The problem is, I am closeted, and don't know anyone in real like, besides my therapist, who is accepting. I don't care if i marry a man, or a woman, as long as my partner and I are in love, and have compatibility, in all areas of our relationship. I am sorry to the community, for my former bigotry.
The very best way to support anybody, or any group, is simply to stop opposing them. Respect and acceptance of others -- as they are -- is the highest respect you can pay.

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
Your mom is right. You are deceiving and tricking yourself, but it's a choice you are making. For some reason you think it's cool to do this. It's not.
I have done nothing wrong. You are speaking from privilege, and THAT is what's unacceptable. I don'thave to either be straight, or publish how I identify ever, unless I so choose. I also don't owe you an explanation.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
How people will treat me.
I think it's just wise to know that there are bigots, racists, etc. in this world. But you also have the right of association. So all you can do is exercise your will, and your rights to limit contact with bigots to the best of your ability. It generally isn't a difficult thing to figure out who is who. By far the majority of people are tolerant. Best wishes.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
We are all interconnected. Wasting time creates ignorance, by ignorance the oppressors rule and misguide humans, and spread corruption and chaos in the earth.

Not relying on God's guidance, makes people eventually misguided by their caprice and whatever idols they chose to follow.

This is the reality. Desires don't choose right and wrong, nor change reality.

Family structure is the heart of humanity, and how we go about is one of the most dire ways on how to organize and respect our humanity and respect ourselves.
I agree with some parts of what you’re saying. I’d like to discuss all this with you privately, or in another thread.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, and Plus! The problem is, I am closeted, and don't know anyone in real like, besides my therapist, who is accepting. I don't care if i marry a man, or a woman, as long as my partner and I are in love, and have compatibility, in all areas of our relationship. I am sorry to the community, for my former bigotry.

First of all, I just want to say I'm sorry that your thread was so quickly derailed by an ignorant homophobe. You didn't deserve or ask for that.

Second, as a gay man who grew up immersed in conservative Christian culture and who's family did not take his coming out terribly well, I completely empathize with your situation. For me personally, I had to come to a point where the prospect of coming out was less painful than continuing to live in denial in the closet and pretending I'm someone I'm not. And as anxiety-provoking as coming out to certain people was, being on this side of it now, I am so glad I did.

I don't know where you live, but I would encourage you to try to find LGBT groups or activities near you to get connected with the community. Even in conservative areas, you'd be surprised what's out there.

There is lots of love out there waiting for you: from other LGBT people, from allies, and from partners I'm sure you'll eventually have.

I'm also happy to chat privately with you in PM if you want. :) Stay strong, you're gonna be fine. :heart::greenheart::yellowheart::purpleheart::blueheart:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
How people will treat me.
Maybe what you’re looking for is to have some friends offline who don’t stigmatize bisexuality? You might have some friends like that already. They aren’t going to have neon signs over their heads, but they could be sending out signals for anyone who is looking for them. There might be people here who can tell you what to look for, or where and how to look for people who don’t stigmatize bisexuality, who could possibly become friends for you.

In case you didn’t already know, sometimes people who don’t stigmatize homosexuality still stigmatize bisexuality, or even deny its existence.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
neon signs
upload_2019-12-10_20-35-5.jpeg