1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trigger warning: I'm bisexual, and want to support LGBTQI+ rights.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by YeshuaRedeemed, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Sinncubus-74

Sinncubus-74 Member

Ratings:
    +49
    Okay, except it doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SigurdReginson

SigurdReginson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,138
    Religion:
    None
    This thread isn't about you or your opinions. Create a debate thread if you wanna talk about your drivel.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Link

Link Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +522
    Religion:
    Twelver seeker
    We are all interconnected. Wasting time creates ignorance, by ignorance the oppressors rule and misguide humans, and spread corruption and chaos in the earth.

Not relying on God's guidance, makes people eventually misguided by their caprice and whatever idols they chose to follow.

This is the reality. Desires don't choose right and wrong, nor change reality.

Family structure is the heart of humanity, and how we go about is one of the most dire ways on how to organize and respect our humanity and respect ourselves.

4. Vinayaka

Vinayaka devotee
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +15,864
    Religion:
    Saivite Hindu
    My wonderful city just passed a ban on conversion therapy today. It is now illegal to open a business for that purpose. Progressive.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. RabbiO

RabbiO הרב יונה בן זכריה

Ratings:
    +2,786
    Religion:
    Judaism
    We don’t get many visitors from the 12th Century. Will you be visiting this century for an extended period?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Evangelicalhumanist

Evangelicalhumanist "Truth" isn't a thing...
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,598
    Religion:
    None, a humanist who doesn't even worship humans
    I'm sorry, but this is nonsense. Broad generalizations based on the idea that "every human is the same and therefore ought to do the same things." Thus, having 6 kids must be bad, because if everybody did it, the world would be overcrowded before very long at all. Or, having no kids must be bad, because if everybody did it, the world would be depopulated in short order.

Nothing is ever so simplistic. Life, and especially human life, is hugely more complex than that.

And your simplistic notions of "good" and "bad" are troubling. It seems to forget that it is often very true that something that is good for one person is also good for everybody else. Not so. My blood pressure medication would kill my lover, if he took it, and kill me if I stopped taking it.

Grow up.

• Winner Winner x 4
  7. Guitar's Cry

Guitar's Cry Verisimilitudinous

Ratings:
    +2,753
    Religion:
    Panreligious mystical paganism
    For Kant, yes. But this is one ethical perspective and even then is more complicated than that.

categorical imperative | Summary & Examples

For the most part, human social and sexual behavior is too complex to easily apply a universal to. This appears to be an evolutionary advantage for us generalists.

8. dybmh

dybmh Terminal Optimist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,319
    Religion:
    Judaism
    I cannot imagine anyone here on RF disrespecting you because of your position on sexuality.

I think you are safe here.

Even the opposition from @Link feels respectful to me, even if it does not represent the consensus point of view.

9. Evangelicalhumanist

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,598
    Religion:
    The very best way to support anybody, or any group, is simply to stop opposing them. Respect and acceptance of others -- as they are -- is the highest respect you can pay.

• Like Like x 1
  10. YeshuaRedeemed

YeshuaRedeemed Revelation 3:10

Ratings:
    +229
    Religion:
    Christian
    I have done nothing wrong. You are speaking from privilege, and THAT is what's unacceptable. I don'thave to either be straight, or publish how I identify ever, unless I so choose. I also don't owe you an explanation.

• Like Like x 3
  11. YeshuaRedeemed

Ratings:
    +229
    Religion:
    Christian
    I fully accept them.

12. Evangelicalhumanist

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,598
    Religion:
    Good. Then fully accepting yourself, too, what's left to worry about?

• Like Like x 1
  13. YeshuaRedeemed

Ratings:
    +229
    Religion:
    Christian
    How people will treat me.

14. Stanyon

Stanyon WWMRD?

Ratings:
    +2,724
    Religion:
    Living
    What is your favourite type of food?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vinayaka

Vinayaka devotee
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +15,864
    Religion:
    Saivite Hindu
    I think it's just wise to know that there are bigots, racists, etc. in this world. But you also have the right of association. So all you can do is exercise your will, and your rights to limit contact with bigots to the best of your ability. It generally isn't a difficult thing to figure out who is who. By far the majority of people are tolerant. Best wishes.

16. YeshuaRedeemed

Ratings:
    +229
    Religion:
    Christian
    Egg rolls, if they are vegetarian.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jim

Jim Nets of Wonder

Ratings:
    +2,174
    Religion:
    personal development and community service, with love for nature
    I agree with some parts of what you’re saying. I’d like to discuss all this with you privately, or in another thread.

18. Left Coast

Left Coast Happy New Year!
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,254
    Religion:
    Buddhish
    First of all, I just want to say I'm sorry that your thread was so quickly derailed by an ignorant homophobe. You didn't deserve or ask for that.

Second, as a gay man who grew up immersed in conservative Christian culture and who's family did not take his coming out terribly well, I completely empathize with your situation. For me personally, I had to come to a point where the prospect of coming out was less painful than continuing to live in denial in the closet and pretending I'm someone I'm not. And as anxiety-provoking as coming out to certain people was, being on this side of it now, I am so glad I did.

I don't know where you live, but I would encourage you to try to find LGBT groups or activities near you to get connected with the community. Even in conservative areas, you'd be surprised what's out there.

There is lots of love out there waiting for you: from other LGBT people, from allies, and from partners I'm sure you'll eventually have.

I'm also happy to chat privately with you in PM if you want. :) Stay strong, you're gonna be fine. :heart::greenheart::yellowheart::purpleheart::blueheart:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Jim

Jim Nets of Wonder

Ratings:
    +2,174
    Religion:
    personal development and community service, with love for nature
    Maybe what you’re looking for is to have some friends offline who don’t stigmatize bisexuality? You might have some friends like that already. They aren’t going to have neon signs over their heads, but they could be sending out signals for anyone who is looking for them. There might be people here who can tell you what to look for, or where and how to look for people who don’t stigmatize bisexuality, who could possibly become friends for you.

In case you didn’t already know, sometimes people who don’t stigmatize homosexuality still stigmatize bisexuality, or even deny its existence.

20. dybmh

dybmh Terminal Optimist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,319
    Religion:
    Judaism
    upload_2019-12-10_20-35-5.jpeg

• Friendly Friendly x 1