• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tribute to my current favorite dancer, Alex Wong

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
A year ago or so, on the show "So You Think You Can Dance," a male ballet dancer by the name of Alex Wong stole the show with his artistry, his technical mastery, his clarity of movement, and his heart. He was accepted to go to the finals in the competition, but had to leave to honor his contract with the Miami City Ballet. The director of the ballet company didn't want to let him go. Here's one reason why:

[youtube]RSn9e3UbCuU[/youtube]
YouTube - Alex Wong - Tension

Alex honored his contract with the company, and came back to audition for SYTYCD:

(one of his solos on the show)
[youtube]k6k2cMI535A[/youtube]
YouTube - SYTYCD 7 TOP 9 ALEX WONG SOLO (HD)

And then he wowed the entire viewing audience in modern/contemporary:
[youtube]zAFYYi6Jn7g[/youtube]
YouTube - Alex Wong_SYTYCD_Hallelujah.wmv

And my favorite so far with him, hip hop (which is so far outside his comfort zone):
[youtube]m8cnhXmJcJo[/youtube]
YouTube - SYTYCD - Alex and Twitch.mp4

This week, Alex ruptured his Achilles tendon, and will have to undergo surgery to repair it. The surgery is simple, but he will have to take three months to recover. Therefore, he is now out of the competition.

Last night, I was utterly depressed, but he will have the opportunity to come back next season. Alex is an inspiration to all of us in the dance industry, because no matter how difficult things are, he continues to come back to grace the stage and to offer his amazing gifts to the world.

Thank you, Alex. Rest up. :flower: