• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trials, Patience, Repentance, Good Deeds,Self Correction,Nearness to God/After Fire in London Mosque

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (a.t.) explained the true Islamic philosophy of trials for the community of believers and related aspects in the wake of fire at Baitul Futuh Mosque, Morden, London, UK.

Peace be on you.
Translation: And We will try you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and lives, and fruits; but give glad tidings to the patient,

Who, when a misfortune overtakes them, say, 'Surely, to Allah we belong and to Him shall we return.' (Holy Quran, ch2 : v156-157)

In these verses, such qualities of Momins (believers) are mentioned, which they demonstrate at times of difficulty, trial or any kind of loss. Allah the Exalted states that a true believer is only recognized when he carries these properties.

Believers sometimes face personal losses and at times communal loss. But the true believer comes out successfully from all types of losses, while gaining the pleasure of Allah the Exalted. He should come out too.

Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) has explained this subject in great detail through various angles. In explaining above verses, he (a.s.) states:

Troubles should not be believed bad because the one who considers troubles as bad is not a Momin (believer). Allah the Exalted states: Translation: 'And We will try you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and lives, and fruits; but give glad tidings to the patient, Who, when a misfortune overtakes them, say, 'Surely, to Allah we belong and to Him shall we return.' When such difficulty come to Prophets it give them glad-tidings of reward and when the same difficulty come to the wicked it ruin them. In short, at times of trouble one should read: '…say, 'Surely, to Allah we belong and to Him shall we return' to seek the pleasure of God the Exalted at a time of trouble.

Life of a Momin (believer) has two parts. The virtuous thing a believer does, for it there is a reward. But patience is such a thing whose prize and reward is limitless and uncountable. God the Exalted says, these people are patient, these are the people who have understood God. God the Exalted divides the lives of those who understand the meaning of patience in two parts.

Firstly, when he prays God the Exalted accepts it, as stated: (Translation) '…Pray unto Me; I will answer your prayer…' (40:61) and (Translation) '…I answer the prayer of the supplicant when he prays to Me…' (2:187)

Secondly, at times Allah the Exalted does not accept the prayer of a Momin due to some benefit, at such time a believer bows down for the pleasure of God the Exalted. As regression it is said that Allah the Exalted has dealings with a believer like a friend. Just as with two friends, at times one listens to the other and at other times he makes the other listen to him. Similar is the example of connection of Allah the Exalted which He has with Momin.

At times He listens to the prayer of a Momin, as He states: '…Pray unto Me; I will answer your prayer…' and at other times He wishes to make true believers listen to Him and states: 'And We will try you with something of fear…'.

Thus it is faithfulness to understand that one should not press at one side.

A true believer should not be saddened at times of tribulation, he is not greater than a Prophet. The real thing is that at time of trouble a fountain of love starts. True believer does not go through a difficulty which does not bring him thousands of kinds of pleasures. Beloveds of God the Exalted do not face tribulations because of sin. Qualities of Momin are manifested through troubles.

Therefore observe, how the high morals of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) were demonstrated at times of pains and triumph. Had the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) not gone through tribulations, what could we now say about his morals!

No doubt tribulations of believers are seen as tribulations by others but believers do not deem them as tribulations.

It is important matter for human should be firm on his sincere repentance and should understand that he gets new life with repentance.

If you wish to have the fruits of repentance then complete the repentance with practice.

See! When a gardener sows a sapling then he waters it, and with it he completes it. Likewise, faith is a sapling and its watering is done by practice. Therefore, for the completion of faith, practice is extremely necessary. If there is no practice with faith, the sapling will wilt away and they will be lifeless.

====

Do not consider trials as bad while being a believer. One who considers them bad is not a complete believer. The Holy Qur'an states: (Translation) 'And We will try you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and lives, and fruits; but give glad tidings to the patient, Who, when a misfortune overtakes them, say, 'Surely, to Allah we belong and to Him shall we return.'

God the Exalted states that at time We shall try you with loss of property, life, children and crops etc.

And those who remain patient at such times and remain grateful, give them glad-tiding that for them the doorways to grace of Allah the Exalted are wide and they will have God's blessings who at such times say: '…Surely, to Allah we belong and to Him shall we return.'

That is, we and all things about us, all are from God and eventually they shall have to return to God.

The grief of loss of any kind does not make their heart aggrieved. And those people who reside in full pleasure of God such people are patient. And for the patience, God keeps rewards without measure.

====

Some people accuse Allah the Exalted that He does not listen to their prayers or they make insinuation against Auliya people (Friends of God) that their so and so prayer is not accepted.

In fact those unwise are clearly unaware of Divine laws.

The human who has experienced such a matter with God will be fully aware of this principle that Allah the has presented two samples to accept and to make others accept. To accept these is faith.

You should not become such that you press only one aspect lest by opposing God you try to be breaker of His appointed law.

====

For human, there are only two ways to get spiritual development.

Firstly, which human achieves by voluntarily abiding Shariah laws due to directive of God -- i.e. Salaat, Fasting, Zakaat and Hajj etc.

However, as these matters are in the own hands of human therefore he sometimes does laziness and leniency in these and at other times develops ease and a way of convenience out of them.

That is why, the second method is the one which comes to human directly from God and this one causes the real progress of human.

Because in the toils of Shariah, human finds one or another way of safety or calm and comfort.

See! a whip is given to someone’s hand and if he is asked to strike it at his body, as a principle regard of own body comes in the heart. Who is the one who likes to put himself in pain?

This is why Allah the Exalted has placed another way for completion of human development and said, (Translation) 'And We will try you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and lives, and fruits; but give glad tidings to the patient, Who, when a misfortune overtakes them, say, 'Surely, to Allah we belong and to Him shall we return.'

We will continue to test you, sometimes by sending some fear, other times with hunger and at times with loss of wealth, and fruits. But give glad-tidings of great rewards, mercies of God and His special prizes to those who say 'Surely, to Allah we belong and to Him shall we return' by showing patience at these troubles, hardships, poverty and hunger.

Look! With how much hard work and sacrifice, a farmer corrects the land by plowing then sow the seeds, bears the difficulties of watering.

Eventually, after enduring various kinds of difficulties, hardworks and safeguards when his crop is ready, sometimes through God's ultra subtle wisdoms hail storm comes down or sometimes the crop is destroyed due to drought.

Thus this is just one example of the difficulties which are called difficulties of Acts of God and destiny.

In such condition, the pure teaching given to Muslims, is how a true model and lesson of being satisfied with the Will of God and this teaching too is exclusive to Muslims .

Tafseer by Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace).

====

We should never think that why God the Exalted make us go through big losses and trials. We should not be worried by the mockery of opponents. God the Exalted does not let His Prophets and their Communities go through troubles to give them punishment. Instead He gives them glad tidings of rewards. When such troubles come to the opponents, these bring them destructions.

Patience does not mean that human should not be sad at a loss. It means that one should not let it overcome him and lose senses and become inactive.

At a loss, to feel some sadness is fine but then move ahead with new determination.

The patience person is the one who understands the reality of prayer. Sometimes Allah the Exalted accepts prayers soon but at other time He does not answer it soon due to any benefit. A Momim (believer) should be satisfied with the Will of Allah the Exalted in all conditions, and does not complaint at His any act. It is patience. Then He grants rewards to His servants.

Trials does not come to destroy believers, they show the world how His servants are pleased at the Will of God.

Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) endured the personal and communal troubles more than anyone. We find his unique patience and to remain content. This high moral is the high model for all Muslims.

To be successful in trial, the true repentance is very essential. A believer does good deeds and seek repentance. At each difficulty and trial he should bow to Allah the Exalted and admit his weaknesses and then by doing virtuous deeds he should continue to do his self corrections.

Believers should irrigate the plant of their faith with water of good deeds, to be successful.

Believers should not feel low at the mocking of opponents that some prayers of believers were not answered... Such opponents are unaware of Divine law. The Divine law is that sometimes Allah accepts the prayers and other times He wants His desire should be accepted.

Believer absorbs blessings by patience and prayers and in the trials they say, 'Surely, to Allah we belong and to Him shall we return.'....This shows trust and bowing of believer that he understands that he belongs to Allah and thus He will never ruin the believer, and will grant him better.

May Allah enable us to have patience, to do prayers and enable us to bow to Him. May we get greater than before successes in Jama’at.

Mockery can not disturb us if we have right connection with Allah the Exalted.

Some days ago, due of intense fire, a big loss took place in the two halls adjacent to Baitul Futuh Mosque.

When local media and TV channels reported it, some people with extended malice expressed their happiness........Latter they expressed sorrow why the main mosque was not harmed!

All are not same, some other Muslims sympathized; a message said that few months ago their mosque was burnt too. Now it is reopened.

Some knowledge-less local Britain's too said what happened was good. Such a hatred is present against Muslims.....But our (British) neighbours and those who know Jama’at, gave answer to such non-Muslims and non-Ahmadis that that their thoughts are wrong, this Jama’at helps others.

The world press too covered the news that fire broke out in Europe’s largest mosque. There were comments and enquiries who are these people, what is this Jama’at..... Thus this incidence lead to a vast introduction of Jama’at in the world.

We suffered a loss, we showed patience and we said, ‘we belong to Allah.....’. But Allah the Exalted made people stand in support of Jama’at and showed to the world: I am with these people.

What was the reason of fire, police is still not sure. But most probably it began from the store room next to the kitchen then spread from the woods in roof or air conditioning ducts.

Whatever is the reason, the staff of mosque need improvement and they too need to say lot of Istighfar.

The way fire lit, damage could have been much big. Fire brigade said you got saved because due to fire of such level with temperature of several hundred degree centigrade, damage could have be much worst.

A press person asked one of our office-holder that how are your Jamaat’s relations with neighbours and what are their comments? In the meantime a car stopped and a British lady stepped out. She said: I am your neighbour and lives close to the mosque. She offered her help....Likewise other people came including representatives of Church. Hearing all these live comments, the person from the press said: I have gotten answer to my question.

On one hand, there is such conduct of the majority who is not Muslim.....There is conduct of some others who are jubilating and saying ‘subhanallah’....... All right, today they are saying so for mockery. It will excite God’s honour. But soon , Insha-Allah [if allah wills], we shall make a better and beautiful construction, we shall say real ‘subhan-Allah’ [glory (be) to Allah] and ‘masha-Allah’ [Allah has Willed it].

Trial is a way of Allah.....As still reason is unknown. If it was a plot, these things cannot stop progress of Jama’at...... This incidence should alert the administration.

As it was said in Eid ul Adha sermon (25 September 2015), fire are set to finish the purpose of Prophet or Jama’at....If there was foul play, the opponents cannot be successful. If a minor loss is incured, Allah the Exalted give glad tiding for those who show patience.

Plots are being made and fires are being ignited against Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) since his claim but what is the result? We see Jamaat’s progress everywhere.

One is an apparent fire. There is another fire inside human in the form of jealousy, malice and hatred. Apparent fire was lit at a part attached to mosque. Our loss will be covered. Insha-Allah Ta’alaa and we shall be getting blessings from glad-tidings of Allah the Exalted. Patience and prayers will place us in the lap of cool shadow of Allah the Exalted.....There are people who are sad why the mosque was not burnt and loss was less.....The apparent fire which was kindled against us, its inner part is burning opponents of Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace).

Works of Jama’at Ahmadiyya in London were not stopped when fire was burning. It is natural to feel loss, some of our workers were sad. But the sadness is not allowed to take over....A great part of Muslim Television Ahmadiyya is in Baitul Futuh Mosque. Rahe Huda [A live program of question answers] was scheduled on that day. The program makers thought live program was not possible, and they would show some previous recording as they could not reach the studio and way was not clear......When Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (a.t.) knew about it, he guided that live program would be broadcasted from Fazl Mosque, London; he said such decision should not be done without asking him.....The absence of live program would have been a message to Ahmadis and the world that our system is disturbed due to incident. Thus immediately live program of Rahe Huda was broadcasted from Fazl Mosque and questions were answered and questioners were satisfied.

It is not our way to sit hopelessly at loss, and leave our places and go to watch the events. Many people were standing there, they should have gone to their works.

An alternate should be sought immediately and leave rest to Allah the Exalted.

Mir Mahmood Ahmad sahib told when Rabwah was made after the partition of subcontinent, financial state of Jama’at was very weak. It was raising a city with offices, mosques etc at bewilderness. When Mubarak Mosque was made it was said that its roof was weak and may collapse. Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (may Allah be pleased with him) came for Salaat and stood at door and said it was being said that roof was weak and may collapse. If it is so, then we shall have to make it. With several other trials, it is only one more.

Those who know the financial position of Jama’at can understand that situation.

If this recent event is trial, we should make promise and do prayers to pass through this trial. There is blessing of Allah on Jama’at, financially too. Insha-Allah Ta’alaa there will be better compensation, regardless loss came due to any reason, or caused by anyone, or due to our inability or carelessness, or it is accidental, we have to bring it back in beautiful shape. Insha-Allah Ta’alaa.

For the time being, there is no special Tehrik for any fund for this matter. But people have started to send money for it without any call, especially the children are offering Chanda, they are presenting their money-boxes with coins. A young girl of seven or eight told her father that they should pay their part since they would go to the halls for games, eatings and gatherings. When children of a Community possess such determination who can make them hopeless. These little losses can do no harm.

Our neighbours are trying to pay their part. Ameer sahib told Huzur (a.t.) that Head Master of local school sent message that school children want to collect and offer some money for rebuildings..... These high morals are being showed by non-Muslims. We take the money or not, we should acknowledge their passions.

Fire was very intense, some metal beams and frames are crumpled like straws. Some offices and their records survived. MTA section with very expensive things is safe. This part was adjacent to halls. The news motivated real prayer since fire reaching there meant fire could have moved towards mosque. Library’s 70% is saved. Translation section of library is about 100% safe. Though some tapes about tours are wasted but it does not mean our historical record is lost since its selected parts are saved. The survival of MTA [Muslim Television Ahmadiyya] section is a miracle since fire had reached adjacent roof. Allah the Exalted enabled fire fighters to contain the fire. Tahir Hall and mosque remained safe (can be seen in Friday Sermon) . Allah the Exalted saved from loss of life.

A person was working in library, he was unaware of what was happening outside. He said: After finishing my work, when I opened the door to go out, whirling black smoke came in. I was worried, came out, tried to run, it was full dark with black smoke, no visibility, my breath began to stop, with difficulty I groped for walls of alley and began to walk along it. I was praying (I was losing courage as breathing was stopping due to smoke) that Allah the Exalted has said to Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace): ‘Fire is servant of your servants’, I am his servant too. O Allah save me. On two or three occasion, it seemed I would fall (if I had fallen for seconds the intense heat would have grilled me). Anyway I continued to come out from darkness, and saw light at gate. When I rinsed my mouth for cleaning, ink like black water came out.

Allah the Exalted saved him. It is great miracle for him. Delay of few seconds could have burnt him. Allah the Exalted has blessed greatly.

Jealousy of jealous one will increase. Thus focus on prayers:

“rabbey kullo sheyin khademoka rabbey fahfazni wansurni warhamni”
i.e. O Lord everything is subservient to You. O Lord, protect us, help us and have mercy on us.

“allahuma inna najaloka fi nohurehim wa nauzobeka min shorurehim”
i.e. Allah we make You a shield against enemies and we take refuge in You from their evils.

“rabbana aatena fiddunya hasanatan wa fil aakheratey hasanatan wa qana azabannar”
i.e. 'Our Lord, grant us good in this world as well as good in the world to come, and protect us from the torment of the Fire.'

If the event really took place due to our weakness and inability then there is need to say lot of Istighfar...May Allah enable us to fulfill our responsibilities in right way in future too and remove these weaknesses.....If it is trial, may Allah make us cross through it with success, and grant his rewards more than before, and count us among those patience people whom He grants glad tidings, and may we see progresses more than before.

Huzur (a.t.) mentioned Janazah Salaat in absentia of three passed away persons:

Mukarram Chaudhry Mahmood Ahmad Mubasher Sahib, dervish of Qadian who was son of Companion of Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.). He passed away at the age of almost 97 in Qadian.

Khalid Saleem Abbas Abu Raji Sahib, a long-term very sincere Ahmadi from Syria who passed away of heart attack. He accepted Ahmadiyya Islam in 1927. How he accepted: When he saw a person was explaining to a maulvi (clergy) with reference to Allah and Messenger, and maulvi was keep calling this person ‘kafir kafir’. Khalid sahib learned the man being called kafir was Ahmadi. He thought this man was referring to Allah and Messenger why he was called kafir, he contacted him further. Then he gradually gained knowledge and Allah the Exalted enabled him to accept Ahmadiyya Islam.

Another Syrian Ahmadi: He was martyred after being hit by shrapnel in the Syrian conflict.

May Allah elevate their stations. [Aameen].

Prayers should be made for the situation in Syria. May Allah the Exalted give wisdom and understanding to all Muslim countries and instead of cutting each other’s neck may they be true Muslims, and mutual mercy is developed in them, and may Allah the Exalted enable them to accept Imam of the age. [Aameen]

Based on: Friday sermon (October 2, 2015), Baitul Futuh Mosque, Morden, London, UK , by Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah (may Allah help him with His Mighty Help), alislam.org and mta.tv

Last edited:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
220px-Baitul_Futuh.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baitul_Futuh_Mosque