• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trend in RF

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
But I happened to read a blog post by Jerry Coyne on supposed foolishness of Plantinga’s evolutionary argument against naturalism. I found nothing but ad hominem.

Well, it is silly. And pretty easy to defeat.

Ciao

- viole

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
But I happened to read a blog post by Jerry Coyne on supposed foolishness of Plantinga’s evolutionary argument against naturalism. I found nothing but ad hominem.

Are you saying that Coyne's position on Plantinga's argument against naturalism somehow prejudices you against his position on political correctness? Do you see a logical connection between the two? I don't, so I'm asking if there is one.

By the way, do you have link to Coyne's criticism of Plantinga's argument against naturalism?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Then people do not understand religion. you can NOT change a word within a true religion because then it becomes a false religion and can not save any human being. If we change to religion to fit us, then we are doomed, but if we as human beings adapt to the religious practice then we can be saved. Religion is not about what we want, it is only a way to enlighten. and one does not enlighten by changing the way the religion was first given. Not ONE word should be changed. But yes i do know this happen within mostly every religion now.

You seem to me more interested in defending religious traditions than you are in experiencing ultimate reality for yourself. Let me know how what you're doing works out for you in ten or twenty years!

atanu

Premium Member
Are you saying that Coyne's position on Plantinga's argument against naturalism somehow prejudices you against his position on political correctness? Do you see a logical connection between the two? I don't, so I'm asking if there is one.

By the way, do you have link to Coyne's criticism of Plantinga's argument against naturalism?

I do not even know Coyne’s position on politics.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
You seem to me more interested in defending religious traditions than you are in experiencing ultimate reality for yourself. Let me know how what you're doing works out for you in ten or twenty years!

I might be here in ten years to see how it all works out. If it takes twenty, I'll likely be both of you anyway so it won't matter. :D

usfan

I'm fairly new, but i have figured out (and accepted!), that this is a typical progressive dominated forum, where THEIR beliefs are revered and solemnly discussed in hushed tones, but everyone else's, ESPECIALLY CHRISTIANITY, is mocked and ridiculed with phony caricatures and smears.

Welcome to Progresso World..

;)

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I'm fairly new, but i have figured out (and accepted!), that this is a typical progressive dominated forum, where THEIR beliefs are revered and solemnly discussed in hushed tones, but everyone else's, ESPECIALLY CHRISTIANITY, is mocked and ridiculed with phony caricatures and smears.

Welcome to Progresso World..

;)

There is a very effective way to avoid ridicule.

Ciao

- viole

usfan

There is a very effective way to avoid ridicule.

Ciao

- viole
Of course! Fall in line and don't deviate from the mandates of conformity.. Homogeneity is the goal! Everyone must think the same! Departing establishment dogma opens you to ridicule, banishment, ideological cleansing, or even elimination.

Welcome to Progresso World...

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Of course! Fall in line and don't deviate from the mandates of conformity.. Homogeneity is the goal! Everyone must think the same! Departing establishment dogma opens you to ridicule, banishment, ideological cleansing, or even elimination.

Welcome to Progresso World...

I just think people are taking a wrong turn somewhere. I think they are trying to head to r/conservative on Reddit and somehow take a wrong turn and end up at a place that is free to everyone.

usfan

I just think people are taking a wrong turn somewhere. I think they are trying to head to r/conservative on Reddit and somehow take a wrong turn and end up at a place that is free to everyone.
Do you mean, 'free to everyone, as long as they believe and follow the establishment mandates?'

Or 'everyone!', even if they do not?

:shrug:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Do you mean, 'free to everyone, as long as they believe and follow the establishment mandates?'

Or 'everyone!', even if they do not?

:shrug:

The way I see it, what you're seeing here is a small manifestation of the world, and a certain amount of free speech. You may not like people or everything said, but it's still a healthy form of free speech.