• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Treasures of the Temple" in Jewish quarters is preparing for Temple to be rebuilt

God is love

In the Jewish quarter of Jerusalem there is a place called "Treasures of the Temple" where they have made implements that will be used for sacrifices and other services and are making, as of 1994, the garments that the priests will wear. They are making garments for about 28,000 priests.

They have to discover the priests that would be qualified to perform in the Temple. For example, those of the tribe of Levi. They are set apart to officiate in particular duies of the Temple. It is a duty passed through generations. They would have to determine this with geneology, their family records, history.

Students are studying priestly duties in "yashivas" {I do not know the exact spelling of the word because I heard it mentioned in a program, I didn't see the word written}, places of learning for young men.

I also heard they must wait for a red heiffer to be born because that is what they will sacrifice at the dedication of the next Temple. I think the purpose is to purify the place.

I would like to know more about their preparations, how much they have progressed if any of you know. Perhapps some of you live in Jerusalem.

I would also like to know how they will build it on the Temple Mount when, at least a portion of it, is occupied. The rebuilding of the temple has been prophesied so surely God must have a way to make sure it come to pass.

Ezekiel chapters 40 -46 gives detailed information about how the Temple should be built, the dimensions for example. He also describes what should be in it and how the services should be performed.

Ezekial also describes a Temple that is unique, different than the past two Temples.

In the past two Temples, both have had amongst other things:
The middle wall of partition

In the first court
1. a brazen bronze altar for sacrifice
and before the second court
2. a basin of water to wash hands and feet

In the second court or holy place
1. a Lampstand {candlestick} that represents light and enlightenment, God's Spirit
2. 12 loaves of Bread that represent Provision and Sustenance
3. Insence that represents Prayer

A veil between the holy place {second court} and Holy of Holies {third court}

In the third court or Holy of Holies
1. Ark of the Covenant with it's ten commandments representing the Law
It also had some manna from the time of Moses when they were wandering in the desert and Aaron's rod that budded as a sign.
2. The Mercy Seat {once a year they would sprinkle blood from the altar on it}
It obviously represents Mercy

I have been intrigued about the "molten sea of brass" supported on 12 oxen and filled with water. I wonder how it was used in Solomon's Temple?

Ezekial's description of a Temple does not have these features such as:
1. middle wall of partition
2. the candlestick in the 2nd court
3. shewbread
4. altar
5. the veil between the holy place and the Holy of Holies
6. Holy of Holies' Ark of the Covenant
7. Holy of Holies' Mercy Seat

There is something unique about this Temple that sets it apart from the others.
Some of the unique features are:
1. Instead of a veil between the holy place and the Holy of holies, there is a door
2. before the door, a tall wooden table
3. Instead of a mercy seat, a throne

What a marvelous thing this will be!

The Treasures of the temple" have also made harps for a great harp orchestra like in the time of King david when there was 4,000 harpists. They are to make a joyfull sound.

1 Chronivles 25:6
"All these were under the hands of their father for song in the House of the Lord, with cymbals, psalteries and harps, for the service of the House of God. ..."

2 Chronicles 5:12
"Also the Levites which were the singers, ... being arrayed in white linen, having cymbals and psalteries and harps, stood at the east end of the altar and with them an hundred and twenty priests sounding with trumpets."
29:25
"And he set the Levites in the House of the Lord with cymbals, with psalteries and with harps according to the commandment of David, .... for so was the commandment of the Lord by His prophets."
Psalm 33:2
"Praise the Lord with harp ..."
43:4
"Then will I go unto the altar of God ... upon the harp I will praise thee, O God my God."

Harps have not been played or made since the destruction of the second Temple that was rebuilt after Solomon's was destroyed.

When the Jews were in captivity they did not feel a desire to play them because they were used to express joy or to praise their God.
Psalms 137:2
"By the rivers of babylon {modern Iraq}, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?"

Isaiah 24:8
"The mirth of tabrets ceaseth, the noise of them that rejoice endeth, the joy of the harp ceaseth."

The words of David although said at a time of peace were prophetic for a future time. It is amazing to see prophesy pop up in hindsight. Perhapps David didn't know that he was speaking prophetically but God spoke through him to future generations. Prophesy can be for a specific time within the prophet's life time or it can be for their descendents or both.

I wrote about prophesy in a post entitled "Interpretating Prophesies in scripture, Has a prophesy been fulfilled or yet to be..." If you would like to view it, it was posted in the Abrahamic Beliefs forum. If it's been moved you can look for it by clicking on God is love and clicking on posts by God is Love.

I recognize your respect for the writings of Isaiah because of the building that was built in Jerusalem to house and preserve his writings on the Dead Sea Scrolls.The structure was designed in the shape of a jar {the lid of a jar} like the jars that were found by a Beduin because these jars held the Dead Sea Scrolls. Inside the structure is a replication of the handle of a scroll and where the parchment would be, glass all the way around displaying a copy of the Dead Sea Scrolls containing the writings of Isaiah. The real Dead Sea Scrolls of Isaiah are preserved somewhere in the building for safe keeping.

I heard that the Dead Sea Scrolls were found in an area called Qumran and that is thought to be where there was a settlement of the Esscenes, actually their administrative headquarters.

I am so glad that these scrolls were passed from a Beduin shepherd boy to an antique dealer from an antique dealer to an interested party in the united states and from the united states to {eventaully} their place in Jerusalem across from the building that respresents the law and houses Jewish antiquity. I believe the Lord guided them into your hands.

It so happens that there is another structure across from this that is in the shape of the arc of the covenant and that houses objects or articles of Jewish history.

I love this creativity and that a representaion of the law and a representation of a prophet are across from eachother, refelcting eachother in a fashion.

There has been a restoration of the Hebrew language as well, that wasn't spoken after the Jews were scattered amongst the nations of the world. They ceased to use their own language because they were a minority in in those places so they learned the languages of the countries where they were to comminicate.

Getting to this specific subject again which is the preparations for the Temple that is to be rebuilt.
Zechariah 1:16
"Therefore thus saith the Lord, I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies, my house hsall be built in it, saith the Lord of hosts and a line shall be stretched forth upon Jerusalem."

the Temple represents a place of God, His House on earth. It represents God's presence amongst His people. I guess it could be described as God's home away from home, His Home, where ever God resides now.
Ezekiel 37:28
"And the heathen shall know that I the Lord do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore."

As I write this it is your Sabbath. I hope all of you had an enlightening Sabbath.

With Love and SHALOM

God is love

I forgot to mention when I spoke of Isaiah and the Dead Sea Scrolls that Isaiah's writings are very important to all of us. That is why I choose to quote from Isaiah's writing to illustrate in my post "Interpreting Prophesies in scripture, Has a prophesy been fulfilled or yet to be...". This was posted on Abrahamic Beliefs. If you're interested.

SHALOM