• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Travel to Spiritual Planets

carmenara

Where does this topic belong?

I attended scripture classes about a month ago at a Hare Krishna temple, and had a pleasant experience recently that seemed to link to each other - the concept of "travel to other planets" without a vessel was briefely covered in said classes and there was a nice looking astronomical chart of various planets and planes of existence on the classroom wall.

The people I was introduced to were big on Vedic mythology and certainly there was a lot of mysticism and the feel of discussing "wisdom of an ancient age" whenever I spoke to them.

Part of what contradicts between belief and reality is no doubt our current mortal understanding of science and our desire for material accomplishment. With SpaceX and its recent achievements flooding the news feeds today, nearly no one would believe that one could travel between planets without a vessel, much less survive the harsh vacuum of space. People are already theorizing that the red Tesla Roadster headed to Mars orbit would be utterly destroyed by heat and radiation, being completely unprepared for the intense environment it was inevitably immersed in.

This whole thing about watching the Falcon Heavy launch recently brought back a few memories of the not so distant past. I had found a Full Moon meditation party invite in my Facebook feed tagged to one of the Indian musicians I followed around since last November, so I registered and paid for the priviledge of having my first guided group meditation. Unfortunately due to it being the rainy season we decided to have the session at our host's house instead. Some doubted upon the ability to meditate there, seeing as the moment we opened the window there wafted in the unmistakable constantly white noise of a suburban highway.

Regardless, we pressed on, and amongst the Indian ladies in the group were a couple of cute Muslim ladies who were attending group meditation for the first time. I shared a bit of myself the self-learned Bollywood dancer, and when discussing more current fads the host piped up and said "Oh, I was showing them the trailer just now!"

Having started off on a relaxed mood we were soon taken on a journey to the Moon and back levitating on what felt like a cloud of perfect order and calm as the host first went through breathing technique and mental focus setting various targets of visualization all differing in mood, setting, altitude and indeed what to look out for. The concept of the Chakras and how to channel energy through the various points...

We shared with one another very happily what we saw... and to my shock, I realized I had been able to visualize what the host was thinking and be there a few seconds before her. What was truly special was my knowledge of astronomy and space travel perfectly intermeshed with the theme of this session - and I realized that thought about "travelling to other planets without a vessel" - and scripture class, all were in the back of my mind sitting there waiting for its chance to grow.

Things moved on fast to dinner after that, and my friend the musician appeared, I was told I he would play "that song" for me and I would dance for them.

Barely a week later, the world watched as the partly-reusable Falcon Heavy rocket sent a car aloft on its way to Mars orbit and beyond. I'm sure this won't be my last group meditation session.

Krishna-loka-large.jpg

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
The topic I am going to write about is controversial, so I'm not going into depth, but you may be interested in learning about "Prabhupada" and "moon landing". He jumped back and forth saying the astronauts hadn't landed on the moon or that they had landed on a planet different from the real moon because the Srimad Bhagavatam states that the real moon is populated by celestial beings. So much for travelling to other planets.;)

carmenara

@Sirona I don't mind :)

There are many things here which are open to individual interpretation. I see the point being made like there is a difference between spiritual reality and physical reality.

To those wanting a hard sci-fi explanation - its like having different dimensions, different realities.

It brings a new depth to "travel to spiritual planets" taken in this context of the Western sci-fi writer actually - its like the concept of time travel and dimensional portals.

----

The group I was invited to had another full moon meditation, it was just as special as the first time. I brought a few surprise Holi gifts as it was a multi-cultural group attending with people from the first session also.

spyrichuwel

Bless you.

I feel you are on the right track spiritually.

Having astral sentiments is spiritually uplifting indeed.

I think yogis become opened up to spiritual spheres.

ajay0

There is mention of spiritual or astral planets in Yogananda's 'Autobiography of a Yogi', in case you are interested.

As per the book, his guru Sri Yukteshwar, after resurrection, taught him about the same. ( 43rd chapter)

You can read the book online here.

Last edited:

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
I want to share a lovely dream, of about an year ago...

One fine early morning I dreamt I was transported to a distant planet, that is not in the milky way galaxy.

All I remember is looking around and searching for my home and immediately realizing within the dream that I am not even in this solar system. Actually, it even felt I was not even in this cosmos, but had landed somehow in a different sphere/cosmos...

And I woke up.