• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trauma counseling?

Riders

I am seeing a counselor for the first time tomorrow. I am going to ask if he is licensed to do EDMR trauma counseling or some other kind of trauma counseling. If not Ill just be getting regular talk for trauma counseling. I don't have many choices.

So I am hoping he is licensed in some sort of trauma therapy but we will see. I am just wondering if anyone here has had trauma therapy?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I am seeing a counselor for the first time tomorrow. I am going to ask if he is licensed to do EDMR trauma counseling or some other kind of trauma counseling. If not Ill just be getting regular talk for trauma counseling. I don't have many choices.

So I am hoping he is licensed in some sort of trauma therapy but we will see. I am just wondering if anyone here has had trauma therapy?

Yes but i am loath to talk about it in detail

Orbit

I'm a planet

I had EMDR. It worked-- it wasn't that hard or at least I don't think so now.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I've had DBT therapy and started EMDR last year but haven't been since earlier this year. It hasn't been that helpful so far, which may or may not be my fault. I'm actually having a bad time lately and feel like giving up completely with doctors. I've been put on different medications and in and out of therapy since I was a kid. I even threw all my medication out today. Good luck to you, though.

Last edited: