1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transition from primitive bony fish to amphibians

Discussion in 'Evolution Vs. Creationism' started by Pah, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Pah

Pah Uber all member

Transitional Vertebrate Fossils FAQ

The last quote was given to show an example of the specific transitions listed. The article is part of a much larger FAQ and has links to the rest.

-pah-

2. painted wolf

painted wolf Grey Muzzle

I find it interesting that the earliest amphibians often had more than 5 toes... one (I'll find the species name and specifics later if wanted.) had ten or more toes per limb.. I've often wondered what led to the specific selection of five toes as opposed to say 7?

wa:do

3. meogi

meogi Well-Known Member

Well, you say most. That mean`s some at least had 5 toes. What`s to say the 5 toed amphibians were favored through natural selection? I`m not basing this off anything I`ve read (I`ve never heard of the question) but that`s how evolution would explain it, I`m fairly certain. Correct me if I`m wrong, please. :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted