• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transgenderism

InChrist

Free4ever
I agree, as a Christian, transgenderism is an attack by Satan. I’m not saying it’s a disease/illness as homosexuality has been classed as in the past but I do believe Satan has had a hand in attacking God’s creation.
Do you think transhumanism will be the next trend/attack against humanity?

Apostle John

“Go ahead, look up Revelation 6”
Do you think transhumanism will be the next trend/attack against humanity?
It’s already underway with the like of chimeras being made in laboratories in China but I believe God will bring an end to it all shortly by starting the Tribulation, well before a threat to the demise of humanity thankfully.

InChrist

Free4ever
It’s already underway with the like of chimeras being made in laboratories in China but I believe God will bring an end to it all shortly by starting the Tribulation, well before a threat to the demise of humanity thankfully.
I believe you are correct, it’s definitely already underway as you mentioned in the labs in China, as well as the augmentation of technological devices into human beings. I agree God will thwart this soon.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
If you were having horrible pains in your chest and having trouble breathing, would you turn to scripture for help, or call 911 and hope to get to a hospital quickly? If you suddenly lost the vision in one eye, would you pluck it out, as the Bible suggests, or look for medical help?

I am saddened that your post expresses both deep ignorance and deep uncaring about a very human problem, and I am sure that if you were to reflect carefully on that, you might come to see it for yourself as very unlike what Christ tried to teach you.

Why don't you visit a site where the people who live with this issue discuss it freely? Understanding Transgender People: The Basics

Or the American Psychological Association, where they can teach you some basic facts? Answers to your questions about transgender people, gender identity, and gender expression

Winner frubal. Well said.

Informative.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I agree, as a Christian, transgenderism is an attack by Satan. I’m not saying it’s a disease/illness as homosexuality has been classed as in the past but I do believe Satan has had a hand in attacking God’s creation.
So, why would God allow Satan if that were the case? Doesn't God have that power iyo?

There are some Christians and Jews who tend to think that "Satan" is really symbolic of an impulse we have to be self-centered and not God-centered.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The point was NOT disrespect or hate for transgender people, nor to imply transgender individuals are satanic, and not because I have any interest in someone’s personal sexual orientation or identity.
You don't get to do something and then claim yiu didn't. You did.
I think it’s clear that “transgenderism” is a satanic attack upon God’s creation of male and female, human personhood, biological reality, and truth. A phenomenon especially dangerous to women and children.

Hasson said the transgender movement poses a dire threat to women in particular.

So if words have no relation to reality, then words like ‘male’ and ‘female’ don’t matter anymore.””

transgenderism isn’t simply a political or cultural attack but one that is satanic in its origins.

I don't believe in transgenderism,” she said. “I think that’s a lie from the devil.””

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So, why would God allow Satan if that were the case? Doesn't God have that power iyo?

There are some Christians and Jews who tend to think that "Satan" is really symbolic of an impulse we have to be self-centered and not God-centered.
Seems to me they think this Satan whips their god around and beats him to the ground in order to destroy his creation.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
So, if I would change my clothes, it would change my gender? Maybe that is the reason why some were against women wearing trousers, because it changes their gender. :D

I think it is is interesting how few years ago it was ok for boy to play with girls toys and nothing is really boys or girls. And now, if you would use other "genders/sexes" stuff, you have suddenly changed your gender.
This obviously isn't what gender dysphoria is, and it's clear that you're deliberately being obtuse and disingenuous.

Audie

Veteran Member
In light of the scriptures I think it’s clear that “transgenderism” is a satanic attack upon God’s creation of male and female, human personhood, biological reality, and truth. A phenomenon especially dangerous to women and children. I’m interested in perspectives of other Christians.

“And because of the subjectivity of gender identity, Hasson said the transgender movement poses a dire threat to women in particular.

“Gender identity is a feeling,” she explained. “It’s completely subjective — can’t test for it, can’t prove it, it’s got to be declared. “

“There's decades of literature showing overwhelming probability in a gender dysphoric minor of underlying health problems of adverse childhood experiences, bad family dynamics and a way over-representation of autism spectrum dysphoria, and that these all predate the gender dysphoria,” Van Mol explained.

According to recent data, the number of minors in America receiving a diagnosis of gender dysphoria tripled from 2017 to 2021, with more than 42,000 receiving the diagnosis in 2021. On the social media platform TikTok, which is especially popular among younger people, the hashtag “trans” has logged 50.2 billion views, nearly doubling within the space of a year.”

“So instead of saying people should seek the truth, now people say you should ‘speak your truth,” he explained. “So if words have no relation to reality, then words like ‘male’ and ‘female’ don’t matter anymore.””

“Lahl echoed that sentiment, stating her conviction — and perhaps summing up the battle itself — that transgenderism isn’t simply a political or cultural attack but one that is satanic in its origins.

“I don't believe in transgenderism,” she said. “I think that’s a lie from the devil.””

Excepts from:
No doubt that is what you think.

"The popularity of the bible rests in no small part on its ambiguity,
allowing for any chosen viewpoint to be justified as being biblical"

Apostle John

It’s soppy to say God should cure gays from being gay etc.
Going by the Bible, the majority will have Satan as their father. What is theoretical sciences’ say on the case?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
It’s soppy to say God should cure gays from being gay etc.
Going by the Bible, the majority will have Satan as their father. What is theoretical sciences’ say on the case?

Nothing, science says nothing one way or the other about religious claims as religious claims.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I was asking about science applying to why people are gay. Science must have an answer about the case.

Well, that depends on what you consider evidence and what versions of non-religious science you accept?
Fully physically reductive evidence or something that include psychological and sociological evidence?

Apostle John

Well, that depends on what you consider evidence and what versions of non-religious science you accept?
Fully physically reductive evidence or something that include psychological and sociological evidence?
Well it can’t come under evolutionary theory.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
What does that have to do with what I posted?

What about those who believe "Satan" is probably symbolic for that which is in us? Seems that you skirted around that point.

It cannot be tested.

Only indirectly. But yes, no strong evidence like say a gay gene.