• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transgender questions

We Never Know

No Slack
I'm known to post what some see as controversial things.... But inquiring minds want to know.
If you want others to understand, then be ready to tolerate questions.

If a person fully transitions, MtF, do they seek a male or female partner?

If a person doesn't fully transition, MtF, do they seek a male or female partner?

If a person fully transitions, FtM, do they seek a male or female partner?

If a person doesn't fully transition, FtM for do they seek a male or female partner?

Last edited:

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I'm known to post what some see as controversial things.... But inquiring minds want to know.

If a person doesn't fully transition, MtF, do they seek a male or female partner?

If a person doesn't fully transition, FtM for do they seek a male or female partner?

Well, then answer is that there are 3 factors and you only use 2. So which one are you not using?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Sexual orientation doesn't necessarily correlate with either chromosomal sex, anatomical sex, or what they're calling "gender."
It gets complicated. An anatomical and genetic male may feel she's female, for example, and she may be sexually oriented to either sex.

MikeF

Premium Member

I think the answer is: (e) All of the above.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I know both MtFs who fully transitioned and also some who didn't fully transitioned.
They are all into males.
Since ever.
For example, one is even married with a nice good guy.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Do female people have to be hetero, or are they allowed to have other orientations?

Do female people have to be hetero, or are they allowed to have other orientations?

Do male people have to be hetero, or are they allowed to have other orientations?

Do male people have to be hetero, or are they allowed to have other orientations?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

It depends on what the individual's sexual orientation is, like with anyone else.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think that sexual orientation is a relevant component of your sexual identity.
And also sexual preferences.

There was a lesbian person I used to know and I know she married a FtM person.
This person has evidently married a woman who transitioned into a man because genital preferences do matter.
Otherwise she would have chosen a biological male.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that sexual orientation is a relevant component of your sexual identity.
And also sexual preferences.

There was a lesbian person I used to know and I know she married a FtM person.
This person has evidently married a woman who transitioned into a man because genital preferences do matter.
Otherwise she would have chosen a biological male.
I think it’s ultimately more complicated than we like to admit.
Also I have heard suggestions that bicuriosoty and bisexuality may be underreported in our species. So that may play a part in people in relationships with trans individuals.
I know a straight woman who is married to a trans woman (MtF.) This trans individual came out very late in life and they stayed together regardless. So it is possible that relationships can “overcome” such complications despite sexual orientation even

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think it’s ultimately more complicated than we like to admit.
Also I have heard suggestions that bicuriosoty and bisexuality may be underreported in our species. So that may play a part in people in relationships with trans individuals.
I know a straight woman who is married to a trans woman (MtF.) This trans individual came out very late in life and they stayed together regardless. So it is possible that relationships can “overcome” such complications despite sexual orientation even
Interesting.
The fact that you defined her as a straight woman implies that she is still attracted to her, despite her transition into a woman.
I understand the transition took place after they married, right? Since you said "late" in life.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Do cismen go for male or female partners?
Do ciswomen go for male or female partners?

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Interesting.
The fact that you defined her as a straight woman implies that she is still attracted to her, despite her transition into a woman.
I understand the transition took place after they married, right? Since you said "late" in life.
That is correct.
The individual I was referring to, transitioned after the marriage took place. The other lady, who identifies as straight, stayed with her after the transition and they seem happy.
So admittedly I am doing some inferring here, but she still seems to find her spouse attractive after the transition took place

I’m saying that this could potentially be a case of underlying bisexual tendencies in our species. Though I’ve never been rude enough to ask the lady about her sexual proclivities specifically.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I’m saying that this could potentially be a case of underlying bisexual tendencies in our species. Though I’ve never been rude enough to ask the lady about her sexual proclivities specifically.
That's interesting...
but I think bisexuals tend to universalize their sexual preferences. Meaning that they think everyone feels the way they feel.
There are people who are exclusively attracted to just one gender (I am one of them).
And it's not a choice. It's something innate. I am very open-minded am I think bisexuality is cool, but I am attracted to men exclusively. Biological men. And there's nothing that could change my preferences.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
That's interesting...
but I think bisexuals tend to universalize their sexual preferences. Meaning that they think everyone feels the way they feel.
There are people who are exclusively attracted to just one gender (I am one of them).
And it's not a choice. It's something innate. I am very open-minded am I think bisexuality is cool, but I am attracted to men exclusively. Biological men. And there's nothing that could change my preferences.
I’m straight myself. I’m simply saying that as a survival instinct, bicuriosoty being an inherent trait in our species has been floated as a hypothesis more than once. That I’m aware of. But I’m not a sexologist so..::shrug:

Bisexuality is known to be underreported as a phenomenon. As far as I’m aware. Could be wrong, but that’s my understanding
And that bicuriosoty could play a factor in relationships where a person chooses to stay with a post trans person.
Not saying that’s a definite factor or the underlying reason all the time. Just that it can be a factor

Like I said, I think our relationships are often more complicated than we like to admit.
It’s not simply a case of straight people choosing and staying with cis gendered individuals of the opposites sex (and vice versa for gay individuals.)
Trans individuals can “complicate” matters.
I’m not saying that as a judgement of any kind or a slant against the community whatsoever. Merely saying that it’s a reality that people deal with and can come with their own unique hurdles to overcome. Nothing wrong with that
Just life being a bit messy is all

And indeed I can already imagine people chastising me for not fully recognising the identity of post trans individuals in my assessment.

But whilst I personally have no issue with accepting trans people at their word and identity, that might not always be the case in the reality of various relationships. Merely trying to look at the “issue” from all sides

Last edited:

Kfox

If you want objective evidence for that, there is none. Just as there is no objective evidence, that I as a genetic and heterosexual male feel like a male.
Personally I don't think there is any such a thing as "feeling like a male" or "feeling like a female" but evidently the person I was asking does, so I was asking what does it mean to them.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Bisexuality is known to be underreported as a phenomenon. As far as I’m aware. Could be wrong, but that’s my understanding
And that bicuriosoty could play a factor in relationships where a person chooses to stay with a post trans person.
Not saying that’s a definite factor or the underlying reason all the time. Just that it can be a factor
There is this prejudice that says that bisexuals are very, very secretive about their sexuality.
It often deals with heterosexuals who have a secret life as homosexuals.

Just a question: Has this trans person fully transitioned? I mean with genital surgery?