• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transgender pets. Reassignment surgery. Taking things too far or not?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Originally I was looking for something fun for the jokes thread. Like the Onion.

Instead, I happened to come across this which isn't a joke...

Experience: my dog underwent gender reassignment surgery

Should pets be included into such issues or should they be left out of our own personal insecurities and issues over sexual orientation?

Would a pet even care to begin with much less find itself drawn into painful surgeries and the like at the behest of the pets owner?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Originally I was looking for something fun for the jokes thread. Like the Onion.

Should pets be included into such issues or should they be left out of our own personal insecurities and issues over sexual orientation?

Would a pet even care to begin with much less find itself drawn into painful surgeries and the like at the behest of the pets owner?
All three of our dogs were reassigned to "neutered", because I thought that the responsible thing to do.
Tom

Twilight Hue

All three of our dogs were reassigned to "neutered", because I thought that the responsible thing to do.
Tom
Good point.

So I take it you would consider that to be on par with neutering or spayed considering the dog's behavior?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
So I take it you would consider that to be on par with neutering or spayed considering the dog's behavior?
I don't understand your question.
It's exactly like neutering.
Exactly.
It's what we had done. Neutering.

They're dogs. I'm not talking about forcibly neutering humans. I know plenty of people I'd be OK with forcibly neutering, but I'm not willing to give the government that much power.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

At least now trans pooches can serve in the military.

Twilight Hue

Good point.
I don't understand your question.
It's exactly like neutering.
Exactly.
It's what we had done. Neutering.

They're dogs. I'm not talking about forcibly neutering humans. I know plenty of people I'd be OK with forcibly neutering, but I'm not willing to give the government that much power.
Tom

I was thinking more along the lines/trends involving designer pets. Altering a pets physiology because of a person's views or desires.

Though granted it's not pet mutilation to the extreme degree since you brought up spading and neutering. That's why I said good point.