• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transgender athlete

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I saw a recent example of how not to allow transpeople to compete. Canada's women's weight lifting is too inclusive. A person only needs to state that they identify as female to compete. No background checks. No time required to transition. Just a statement that one identifies as a woman. Canada has a transwoman weightlifter that transitioned after puberty. She has shattered all records in her weight category. Since it is so wide open a male weightlifting coach entered, identifying as a woman, and beat her record by a hundred pounds..

I saw a recent example of how not to allow transpeople to compete. Canada's women's weight lifting is too inclusive. A person only needs to state that they identify as female to compete. No background checks. No time required to transition. Just a statement that one identifies as a woman. Canada has a transwoman weightlifter that transitioned after puberty. She has shattered all records in her weight category. Since it is so wide open a male weightlifting coach entered, identifying as a woman, and beat her record by a hundred pounds..

In every thread like this you get folk who want to display their moral superiority by claiming any opposition to transwomen in women’s sport is driven entirely by bigotry.

They never address things like the above, unless you adopt some form of discrimination against transwomen, you get ludicrous examples like the one above where grifters/trolls will abuse the system. Often they seem to have deluded themselves into thinking only a tiny number of genuine transwomen will be impacted by any rules.

I wonder if they will address it this time?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

In every thread like this you get folk who want to display their moral superiority by claiming any opposition to transwomen in women’s sport is driven entirely by bigotry.

They never address things like the above, unless you adopt some form of discrimination against transwomen, you get ludicrous examples like the one above where grifters/trolls will abuse the system. Often they seem to have deluded themselves into thinking only a tiny number of genuine transwomen will be impacted by any rules.

I wonder if they will address it this time?
This is an area where there are significant differences caused be puberty. Yes, overall I do support the rights of trans people. There are a few areas where I have shown some reservations. For example locker rooms can be a problem, but for the most part accommodations can be made. When it comes to restrooms where one does not even see anyone doing their business I do not see a problem. Recently there was a story about a seventeen year old girl that was shocked because she had seen a transwoman's penis in the locker room. And she was then "scolded" for her complaining.

It turned out that the transwoman was shocked to since she was clearly postoperative. That actually explained the scolding the girl.got. A postoperative transwoman in a locker room should not he a problem.