• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transcending the shadow self and entering the dark aether as part of a mending and reconciliation process & dancing in harmony with your past demons

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've always cherished my solitude, preferring to spend time with myself than with others. I thought I was content with my own company, but lately I've been feeling a void in my heart, a longing for connection. I realized that I've missed many opportunities to make friends or deepen relationships, thinking that they wouldn't appreciate me or that they would exhaust me. Now I have few to share my thoughts and feelings with, and I regret my decisions. I've sown the seeds of isolation, and it's not a fruitful harvest.

I also realized that sometimes, a certain image of ourselves is hard to change. People have formed impressions of me based on past interactions, and they may not be willing to see me in a new light despite my positive changes. They may think that I'm indifferent, distant, or unsociable, and that I don't care about anyone but myself. That's not true, but I can understand how they would feel that way. I wish I could show them a different side of me, but I don't know how. It's not something that can be shown in a snap of a finger, or one conversation.

I learned a valuable lesson from this experience: being an introvert doesn't have to mean being alone. It means knowing when to recharge and when to reach out. It means finding a harmony between your own needs and the needs of others. It means being aware of how your actions affect others, and how others affect you.

I hope that almost anyone who reads this can resonate with my situation in their personal lives, or at least learn from it. Don't make the same mistakes that I did. Don't turn away people when they try to get close to you. Don't let your image confine you or stop you even if it seems like it does. Don't be afraid to be yourself, but also be open to change and growth. You never know who might become your friend, or who might need your friendship.

It may be true that I just didn't have the energy for other people for a while as I faced my own challenges. But in becoming the hero of your own story, the one who overcomes your challenges, it's important not to accidentally become the villain in someone else's story along the way.

This post may be a bit dark and gloomy, but it's my next step into embracing real and true adulthood, and not just that certain age range that people like to classify as "adulthood" but in my opinion, is where adulthood is rarely achieved. But that's a subject for another time.

Til next time, readers! :hibiscus:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I've always cherished my solitude, preferring to spend time with myself than with others. I thought I was content with my own company, but lately I've been feeling a void in my heart, a longing for connection. I realized that I've missed many opportunities to make friends or deepen relationships, thinking that they wouldn't appreciate me or that they would exhaust me. Now I have few to share my thoughts and feelings with, and I regret my decisions. I've sown the seeds of isolation, and it's not a fruitful harvest.
I know online communities aren't always the same as real life ones, but I'm glad you're here with us!
I also realized that sometimes, a certain image of ourselves is hard to change. People have formed impressions of me based on past interactions, and they may not be willing to see me in a new light despite my positive changes. They may think that I'm indifferent, distant, or unsociable, and that I don't care about anyone but myself. That's not true, but I can understand how they would feel that way. I wish I could show them a different side of me, but I don't know how. It's not something that can be shown in a snap of a finger, or one conversation.
That can be difficult. Not impossible, but hard.

It takes time, repeated interactions.
I learned a valuable lesson from this experience: being an introvert doesn't have to mean being alone. It means knowing when to recharge and when to reach out. It means finding a harmony between your own needs and the needs of others. It means being aware of how your actions affect others, and how others affect you.
I love this!
I hope that almost anyone who reads this can resonate with my situation in their personal lives, or at least learn from it. Don't make the same mistakes that I did. Don't turn away people when they try to get close to you. Don't let your image confine you or stop you even if it seems like it does. Don't be afraid to be yourself, but also be open to change and growth. You never know who might become your friend, or who might need your friendship.
There's a lot to digest here. While I am not introverted, I struggle to make friends. I don't know what to talk about, and I don't know what to expect, when to reach out, when I'm a burden, etc. I feel like the social rules change all the time, but I don't understand any of them.

But its so true... you just never know who needs you, and who may end up being amongst your closest friends.
It may be true that I just didn't have the energy for other people for a while as I faced my own challenges. But in becoming the hero of your own story, the one who overcomes your challenges, it's important not to accidentally become the villain in someone else's story along the way.
That's hard, too! Sometimes in just taking care of your own needs, you step on toes...
This post may be a bit dark and gloomy, but it's my next step into embracing real and true adulthood, and not just that certain age range that people like to classify as "adulthood" but in my opinion, is where adulthood is rarely achieved. But that's a subject for another time.

Til next time, readers! :hibiscus:
I don't sense any gloom; seems optimistic to me, really. :)

Good luck on the journey!