• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Traditional GOP vs. modern GOP

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
These key points taken from "The Newsroom", TV show:

Traditional Republicans believe in "market solutions" and strong defense. (To this I'll add that giving tax breaks and subsidies to the massively rich and profitable are NOT market solutions.)

To be a new Republican you have to:
- be homophobic
- deny science
- think that poor people have it easy
- fear education and intellect
- hate Democrats

Sadly, this seems about right.

Nice bias and very becoming of a modern Democrat.

Clap clap clap. Bravo!

To be a new Democrat you must be:

Immature and Emotional

Deny Common sense and foresight and Knee-jerk everything and go overkill.

Think of the poor and use them as cattle to be milked for propaganda and votes, and keep them that way by always always always reminding them exactly who they are, what color they are, what sex they are and that they need and require your help at all times.

Use education as a left wing indoctrination center and screw all other subjects.

Make countless attack threads about Republicans and accuse them as racists and bigots. (You got homophobia already covered, nice job)

Sadly this seems about right.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Republican Party doesn't really do diversity. It does old time, pasty bigots like Pence. It promotes Christian led prayer in school and tossing evolution out the window (because it's "just a theory"). It represents the state deciding/restricting healthcare options and taking away the ability to healthcare providers and patients to decide what treatments are best. It does frequently attack higher education (especially the religious minded ones because they know their fairytales often are rendered unbelievable by education and intellectual thought). And I've heard it from them for a very long time about how poor people have the red carpet rolled out for them and have it easier than anyone else.
Time to agree to disagree about
the party being all uniformly so.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Time to agree to disagree about
the party being all uniformly so.
So we're on the same page/to clarify my position because that post makes me suspect we're misaligned, establishment Republicans get together to declare their core values and put it in writing. This is basically the Republican Party as an establishment.
As I said before, many Christians are far better people than what their religion actually instructs and commands. Of course many Republicans also deviate from what's on paper. Just like I know some former Trump supporters (the election and insurrection is what made them quit) who don't hate trans or gays and aren't Bible thumpers.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I like this. I’d LOVE to see a similar thread for new and old Dems.

I think what has happened is that the far end of each party focuses more on social issues than fiscal issues. The centrists and traditionalists focus more on fiscal issues.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Nice bias and very becoming of a modern Democrat.

Clap clap clap. Bravo!

To be a new Democrat you must be:

Immature and Emotional

Deny Common sense and foresight and Knee-jerk everything and go overkill.

Think of the poor and use them as cattle to be milked for propaganda and votes, and keep them that way by always always always reminding them exactly who they are, what color they are, what sex they are and that they need and require your help at all times.

Use education as a left wing indoctrination center and screw all other subjects.

Make countless attack threads about Republicans and accuse them as racists and bigots. (You got homophobia already covered, nice job)

Sadly this seems about right.

Got some examples? Because none of this seems accurate.

These key points taken from "The Newsroom", TV show:

Traditional Republicans believe in "market solutions" and strong defense. (To this I'll add that giving tax breaks and subsidies to the massively rich and profitable are NOT market solutions.)

To be a new Republican you have to:
- be homophobic
- deny science
- think that poor people have it easy
- fear education and intellect
- hate Democrats

Sadly, this seems about right.

You missed one:
- Be a fascist that dreams of a bloody rebellion to overthrow democracy in favor of a hateful, violent theocracy.