• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tracking fatigue

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I'm starting an experiment whereby I'm keeping a .txt on my laptop and I'm going to date and write down every instance where I encounter one of the following:

1) I pick a battle (something is worth commenting on relating to feminism). I might keep a subsection of battles not picked.

2) I encounter news or discussions relating to issues feminism would be concerned with.

3) Microaggressions like being catcalled, approached despite clear signals I don't want to be approached (or see this with someone else), etc.

If I'm not thinking of a category I'll still journal it. I want to do this for a couple of weeks and post it. There have been some weeks, including this last one, where I swear at least one thing has happened every day that reminds me why feminism is still important.

Not that I'm justifying feminism so much but rather just making an anecdote explicit for how it's easy to get fatigued.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
*whistles*

Hey baby.

Yeah, yeah, I know, and think it's a worthy project. I'd be interested in the results, but don't expect to be surprised, to be honest.

None of that changes the fact that I have a crappy sense of humour which demanded I cat-called you.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
*whistles*

Hey baby.

Yeah, yeah, I know, and think it's a worthy project. I'd be interested in the results, but don't expect to be surprised, to be honest.

None of that changes the fact that I have a crappy sense of humour which demanded I cat-called you.
I humbly offer to keep the same journal in relation to the same types of actions from a masculine point of view. I'll have the easier job, and suspect my journal will likely remain empty, but that kinda proves your point even moreso.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
*whistles*

Hey baby.

Pretty ballsy to come in the feminist forum and cat call me.

I like balls.

Wait that didn't come out right. (Also what movie is that from where the guy's like "that's pretty ballsy... I like balls." Is that Team America World Police?)

Edit: yeah it was Team America.

Last edited:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I humbly offer to keep the same journal in relation to the same types of actions from a masculine point of view. I'll have the easier job, and suspect my journal will likely remain empty, but that kinda proves your point even moreso.

You know, I might be interested. Any time your gender/sex is some kind of issue, or people talk about things that affect you as if it were just like discussing the weather, whatever you feel worth jotting down.

I care about men's issues too at the end of the day.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
You know, I might be interested. Any time your gender/sex is some kind of issue, or people talk about things that affect you as if it were just like discussing the weather, whatever you feel worth jotting down.

I care about men's issues too at the end of the day.

I'll keep a record. It happens...very, very rarely, though (in my experience).