• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Towns and paranormal activity

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Thanks for the post. I'm not looking to pressure people to "see" something, though. All I ask from participants in general is look at the board you're posting on & note that it seems to have "Discussion", not "Debate" in title. So so long as people follow that, we're good.

To clarify, I consider the point of the thread more this:

"What's it like living in a town with a bit of history of ghost sightings & people who tend to believe in ghosts a lot of times in general? Well, I talk about my town."

-Though I may break on occasion to contribute to whatever the current subject is in this thread. And I don't mind the discussion branching out a bit.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
To clarify, I consider the point of the thread more this:

"What's it like living in a town with a bit of history of ghost sightings & people who tend to believe in ghosts a lot of times in general? Well, I talk about my town."

-Though I may break on occasion to contribute to whatever the current subject is in this thread. And I don't mind the discussion branching out a bit.

I also had this thread at the back of my mind for awhile, but one thing which motivated me to post it was the thread asking if some towns were haunted.

To which my response is: "Maybe. But some, like my town, may just have richer spiritual activity than some others."

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
To get off the subject of towns for just a second:

In 2020 I was feeling a little spiritually lost. I had a dating profile and I listed on it that I like talking "ancient civilizations". A woman claiming to be a Rikki healer contacted me:

View attachment 69751

She told me she thought I was a starseed. She knew a great deal about me with me having not told her that much. I told her I liked Krishna, since I considered myself Hindu at the time. She said "You relate more to Shiva" despite my dating profile not listing those details about my personality. I got a little overexcited about how much she knew, and I asked her to be my Spiritual Guide. The problem? She more wanted a date and a romance, basically what she was on a dating site for. She got tired quickly of me asking more on her wealth of knowledge, though she did answer questions for a time. Eventually we broke conversation off.

After that, I was still curious, so I started paying online psychics to tell me more about things in my life, with the hopes of guidance:

View attachment 69747

Some things, the paid psychics got wrong. And I'm kicking myself now because I spent more money than I probably should have. Even though it still wasn't a whole lot. But a lot of detailed answers were correct in cases where they outlined specifics in my life. I'd say the paid psychics had about a 30-75 percent accuracy.

Anyway, do I believe I'm a starseed? Not necessarily. But the whole experience of meeting the woman was interesting.

The psychics I spoke to in person were recommended to me by my close friend and mentor, and their readings were accurate. I've only had one reading from someone I met online, and it was on this forum. The private reading I had from him was also accurate.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I wouldn't say anything about missing evidence, what I would do is look for a logical explanation.
That is the first thing I did when strange things started happening around my house, but there was no logical explanation. Then the same thing happened again, and again and again, and each time there was no logical explanation. There still is no logical explanation, no explanation at all, other than they were caused by a spirit who was not 'physically here.'

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
The psychics I spoke to in person were recommended to me by my close friend and mentor, and their readings were accurate. I've only had one reading from someone I met online, and it was on this forum. The private reading I had from him was also accurate.

The psychic site/app from which I posted a screenshot, you'd seem to get a different person answering your question each time. Some seemed really into their practice, and it showed. While others seemed like they just wanted to rush through things - the latter being ones which I felt gave me the least accurate readings.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Lately I've been reminiscing on my life, and one thing which struck me as interesting is that I may have possibly not had quite as high of a spirit-connection when I was really young (like, under 13). I felt that my teenage years were where events happened in my life like a flood.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Story:

When my family was looking at houses to purchase, there was one particular one they were looking at, where, while they were looking at the outside of this "for sale" house, they met a small team of paranormal investigators who told them they had to "clear out". So they snapped a picture of the house for the road, then cleared out.

The picture that we saw, in the window, had a weird reflection. In the house's window. It looked like there were two dark eyes peaking out.

So I was going to save that picture for keeping. But weird things started happening after that. Every device I tried to save that picture on, would somehow, more or less, end up broken. Crashed hard drives, etc.

This is more a story for those who beiieve to begin with, and in case they've experienced similar. Since I can picture the skeptics saying "Suuure.... riiiiight...... the evidence just disappeared."

I've had similar problems uploading photos to my laptop after photographing haunted locations and interacting with a demonic entity at one of them. On the other hand, I have a photograph of the well-known demon at the Crescent Hotel & Spa in Eureka Springs, AR. It was completely unintentional, and I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have caught it on camera. It was my first visit to the hotel.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Lately I've been reminiscing on my life, and one thing which struck me as interesting is that I may have possibly not had quite as high of a spirit-connection when I was really young (like, under 13). I felt that my teenage years were where events happened in my life like a flood.

No matter how hard I tried to suppress my psychic medium abilities when I was younger, they were always active and very potent. But I no longer try to resist them because I've learned to control them. Now I use my medium abilities for my benefit and to help others.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
No matter how hard I tried to suppress my psychic medium abilities when I was younger, they were always active and very potent. But I no longer try to resist them because I've learned to control them. Now I use my medium abilities for my benefit and to help others.

That's cool.

Do you know of any Spiritual Guides out there who train others on how to use them?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
That's cool.

Do you know of any Spiritual Guides out there who train others on how to use them?

I consider myself fortunate to have met my close friend and mentor, who is also a psychic medium. She helped me learn to control my abilities by showing me how she controls hers. She also put me in contact with her deceased mother and grandmother, who were also psychic mediums, and I've used them as spiritual guides from the other side. I'd like to share this article, "The Four Types of Spirit Guides, According to a Psychic Medium," because I think it can help you. It's one of the articles on mediums that I've saved for future reference or to recommend to others who are curious about my abilities. I save articles on mediums and paranormal phenomena.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I wanted to clarify something about this post. When my mom said "I do not care for him", I don't think she really meant it, even if I took it quite harshly. I was quite different than everyone else in my family, and had unique challenges she might not have been ready for, then add to that the constant stress of arguing with my dad about everything, and then add to that she was disappointed that I didn't want to be a Christian, and that I also didn't take much interest in church.

I understand how that can be taken harshly. When I was about 10ish, I overheard my mom lecturing my sister(who's six years behind me) who'd just done something wrong "you don't want to grow up to be a mean old **** like your sister, do you?"

I guess it showed what she really thought of me... I think it shocked, and though she never knew I overheard that, I never looked at her the same again. What I suspected was true; I wasn't the child she'd hoped for. I was a disappointment. She'd wanted a bubbly, affectionate kid(like my sister), not an aloof and analytical old turd that didn't like physical contact...

As I got older, I know she took more pride in me, though I believe that was for superficial reasons; I was a bit of a novelty, and I'm sure that was fun for her.

I think it gave me a bit of an inferiority complex.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I understand how that can be taken harshly. When I was about 10ish, I overheard my mom lecturing my sister(who's six years behind me) who'd just done something wrong "you don't want to grow up to be a mean old **** like your sister, do you?"

I guess it showed what she really thought of me... I think it shocked, and though she never knew I overheard that, I never looked at her the same again. What I suspected was true; I wasn't the child she'd hoped for. I was a disappointment. She'd wanted a bubbly, affectionate kid(like my sister), not an aloof and analytical old turd that didn't like physical contact...

As I got older, I know she took more pride in me, though I believe that was for superficial reasons; I was a bit of a novelty, and I'm sure that was fun for her.

I think it gave me a bit of an inferiority complex.

I had flashbacks of my own childhood and teenage years as I was reading your post. *hugs*

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
You should maybe consider telling us about it some time.

Just be prepared for posts from skeptics. :)
I now have time to tell the story. I'll just ignore the skeptics.

When I was a teenager in Greensboro, North Carolina, one night I suddenly woke up, and saw this woman crouched down near my bed, with her back mostly turned away from me, She had a bun behind her head which looked old-fashioned to me. What do I know, I wouldn't know old-fashioned. Anyway, as I looked her, she had no movement, but she slowly faded away, and for some reason I closed my eyes after she disappered, and could still see an imprint of her in my eyes. I have no idea what that was about, whether it adds to the credibility of the experience or not. Since I had lived there from the age of 15, I had a spooky feeling of someone's presence. At no residence before or since did I have a spooky feeling like this.

For context, I am now 71.