• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Touchy subjects

We Never Know

No Slack
Touchy subjects but I'm not one to not speak or ask. I've been debating with myself for a bit to post this or not, so finally decided to do so.

Maybe I have lived a somewhat blind life or whatever but since being here the last few years I've noticed several are transgender, dealing with mental issues, seeing a therapists, confused about their gender, taking meds to cope, aren't out on their own, in trouble with the law, confused about life in general, etc.

I guess I didn't realize how common these things are.
I feel for each and everyone. I can't imagine what its like living life with such.

Believe it or not you all have made me look at life and people in general differently.
In a way I feel as if I was partially blind before I came here.

I hope no one takes offense to this post because I've learned a great deal from you all.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Touchy subjects but I'm not one to not speak or ask. I've been debating with myself for a bit to post this or not, so finally decided to do so.

Maybe I have lived a somewhat blind life or whatever but since being here the last few years I've noticed several are transgender, dealing with mental issues, seeing a therapists, confused about their gender, taking meds to cope, aren't out on their own, in trouble with the law, confused about life in general, etc.

I feel for each and everyone. I can't imagine what its like living life with such.

Believe it or not you all have made me look at life and people in general differently.

I hope no one takes offense to this post because I've learned a great deal from you all.
You don't offend by being nice :) actually you recognize people who otherwise could feel they have to hide their disorder.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

And that's humanity for you, laid bare for all to see, aided by anonymity ......

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I've noticed several are transgender, dealing with mental issues, seeing a therapists, confused about their gender, taking meds to cope, aren't out on their own, in trouble with the law, confused about life in general, etc.
LGBTQ are not the only one with problems. Other people too have their problems. Many LGBTQ are well-adjusted and leading a happy life.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

I think it shows great character and compassion to see the blight of others and try to understand. Too often I see folks try to “help” others. But though the intentions are often good, it just ends up being condescending at best and harmful at worst. Sometimes it’s best to learn from the human experience rather than try to solve it. If that makes sense?