• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Torment and Hell

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
God is reality, and what we are experiencing is God's dream. :headmassage::sleepsymbol:

Another postulation I find myself partial to. I believe the idea roots itself from Hinduism particularly the Trimurti deity Brahma. :D

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
You're confused. A person who believes God is pantheistic or panentheistic doesn't believe God is a thing at a distant or self divided from God. People who define God by limiting where god can and can't be are separated/divided. Christian dualists are divided against God. See themselves as separate from God. They don't believe in John 14:20
God CAN be everywhere. He is everywhere. That's not the same as us being God in any way.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Is this chair I'm sitting on God?
You keep focusing on everything that God can't be. Still imiting God, controlling God. God isn't an objective subject or a subjective object. God is all and there is nothing that exists apart from. The self will delude itself but God searches minds and hearts.

Again John 14:20 can never be realized apart from self.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Off-topic:
Hehe, reminded me of a personal experience a couple weeks ago. I was asked if I were 'going crazy' because I was shouting and cursing due to faulty equipment at work...
I thought myself clever with the response I gave, "It's hard to go somewhere you already are!" :smirk:
Off-off topic: Back in 1960's high school we teens would say you have to be crazy in order to keep your sanity !

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
............Again John 14:20 can never be realized apart from self.
I find Jesus was speaking about 'unity' at John 14:20 as in 'unity' at John 6:56; John 10:38; John 15:4; John 17:21-23
Being 'united' as one in -> goal, faith, belief, teaching, purpose, agreement, harmony, will, objective..........

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I find God is Not everywhere according to 1 Kings 8:27,30,39,43,45,49
God has a specific home location just No ZIP code mentioned.
I think the understanding at the time was that God dwelt in heaven but Solomon seems to understand that even the heaven can't contain him, let alone a temple.

Jeremiah 23:24
Verse Concepts
“Can a man hide himself in hiding places
So I do not see him?” declares the Lord.
“Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?” declares the Lord

Colossians 1:17

He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
I find Jesus was speaking about 'unity' at John 14:20 as in 'unity' at John 6:56; John 10:38; John 15:4; John 17:21-23
Being 'united' as one in -> goal, faith, belief, teaching, purpose, agreement, harmony, will, objective..........
I always interpreted these scriptures the same way @Fool seemed to.

I don't see why we should restrict the glory Jesus is referring to just Humans, or even Earthlings for that matter.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I think the understanding at the time was that God dwelt in heaven but Solomon seems to understand that even the heaven can't contain him, let alone a temple.
Jeremiah 23:24
Verse Concepts
“Can a man hide himself in hiding places
So I do not see him?” declares the Lord.
“Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?” declares the Lord
Colossians 1:17
He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

Seems to me it is the word 'see' in verse 24.( eye sight )
God 'sees' from Heaven all that is in Heaven and Earth.
It does Not say God fills the Heavens and the Earth -> with Himself.
Just that No one can hide from God's spirit - Psalms 139:7-10 - so God can 'see' without actually being there.
Please also see Psalms 33:13-14

Yes, as Colossians says about God that "He" is before all things - Psalms 90:2
And as Jesus says at John 17:5 to have his glory (place restored) at God's side as before the world was ( Earth existed )

Last edited:

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Seems to me it is the word 'see' in verse 24.( eye sight )
God 'sees' from Heaven all that is in Heaven and Earth.
It does Not say God fills the Heavens and the Earth -> with Himself.
Just that No one can hide from God's spirit - Psalms 139:7-10 - so God can 'see' without actually being there.
Please also see Psalms 33:13-14

Yes, as Colossians says about God that "He" is before all things - Psalms 90:2
And as Jesus says at John 17:5 to have his glory (place restored) at God's side as before the world was ( Earth existed )
But it says he fills heaven and earth and Colossians says that all things hold together in him.
I have my own theory about how this works, but it's kind of hard to explain.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It's called monism. It's also known as oneness. Atonement

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Isaiah 66:1

God is the beginning and end of all created things.
Thus says the LORD: “Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest?

Um ok?
I agree that God is in all and holds it all together. That's what the verse indicates, not that everything is God.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Thus says the LORD: “Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest?

Um ok?
I agree that God is in all and holds it all together. That's what the verse indicates, not that everything is God.
Actually it does imply that. Just as John 1:3 says it. There exists nothing apart from God.

You have nothing that implies otherwise. In fact you try to limit what God can and can't be as if you were God. That is another contradiction.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
In contrast, I find the Bible teaches the soul that sins 'dies' at Ezekiel 18:4; Ezekiel 18:20
A dead soul is Not a conscious soul a dead person - Ecclesiastes 9:5 - but are sound asleep til Resurrection Day - John 6:40

Spiritual death is my understanding based on the Bible. So when Christ said ‘let the dead bury the dead’ He was referring to spiritually dead people. Resurrection Day we understand is the Day Christ returned and those who turned to Him became spiritually awakened. But millions still sleep unfortunately.