• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Ten things about America that make no sense to anyone else.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Lib trash.

Really I don't doubt any of it and it doesn't point offense to any particular Americans or Party. The baby one is the most shocking but the one I experience is the eating one. Visiting a family in England, I couldn't believe how long dinner lasted. In my house 20 minutes dinner is done the plates are clean and put away.

David T

Premium Member
Guns and kids no coment. Pitiful!!!!

I love the beastiality law. WE Make football players damn it!!!!

The highest paid public employees highest paid packets are sports coaches. obviously we take community gatherings very seriously. Football baby.

160 million never have left the country. Because we are too busy watching sports with our favorite beast making football players baby.

Health care. Tough it out you wimpie Europeans American football baby.

Custody rights for rapists. No coment to disgusting for even me to mock.

More patriots than ANYWHERE ELSE. TOM BRADY BABY. FOOTBALL.

Americans biting Americans. Doesn't Europeans have sex? Football baby

Fast food. We have no time sitting around enjoying eating blah de blah. We can't keep with the canadians. Besides we eat constantly when watching football baby!!

Elvis sitings!!! Apparently Europeans have zero sense of humor. Football baby!!!

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Ah...planet America.
confused0078.gif
Perhaps they need to travel more to appreciate how different they really are.....?
171.gif

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Learned some new things and am not shocked, a true American.

I was getting bored with the video about halfway through. I'm sure every country has weird quirky things about it which make no sense to outsiders. If they'd look at America just like any other country, then it probably wouldn't be that big a deal. Too many people outside the US seem to have this unhealthy obsession with America, and that, just by itself, is rather strange and makes no sense. Why should so many people be concerned about little old us?

Brits, especially. What's their deal? I can perfectly understand when countries like China, Mexico, or some other victim of American imperialism might hold a grudge against us, but it always seems to be Brits (or sometimes Aussies or Canadians) who are the loudest and most strident in their criticisms of America. Why is that?

Phil25

I think the travelling outside one is a bit misleading. Its much easier for Europeans than Americans. Someone in Germany could travel a couple of hundred miles and and be in Netherlands, Belgium, France, Poland etc. I could travel for more than 700 miles and still be in my state. Also the reasons why Europeans travel abroad can be accomplished inside US. Many Northern Europeans go to Spain, Italy, Greece for the warm weather and beaches. We could just travel to California, Florida or Hawaii to do that. The same applies to all types of nature and weather. Also the European countries are very different from each other which makes travelling there much more interesting. A German would find France, Poland, Czech Republic all very different from his country, each with its own language, history, religion, cuisine, traditions etc. We Americans only have Canada and Mexico. Travelling to Canada to explore new culture is pointless(no offense to Canadians) as Canada and US are really not that different. Americans could go to Mexico and you would find that many Americans from states near Mexico do indeed travel to Mexico.

Phil25

I was getting bored with the video about halfway through. I'm sure every country has weird quirky things about it which make no sense to outsiders. If they'd look at America just like any other country, then it probably wouldn't be that big a deal. Too many people outside the US seem to have this unhealthy obsession with America, and that, just by itself, is rather strange and makes no sense. Why should so many people be concerned about little old us?

Brits, especially. What's their deal? I can perfectly understand when countries like China, Mexico, or some other victim of American imperialism might hold a grudge against us, but it always seems to be Brits (or sometimes Aussies or Canadians) who are the loudest and most strident in their criticisms of America. Why is that?
I think this is just a reflection of us being a world power. The same things they said about America could maybe applied to another country, say Paraguay but no one would care. Why? Because most people have not heard about Paraguay and the country holds no relevance. America has a so much influence(political,economic, cultural, military) which many non-Americans dislike.
Also the article below perfectly explains Anti-Americanism in Canada and I think the reasons are similar in Britain and Australia.
Anti-Americanism | The Canada Guide
Also the author of this article is Canadian and he has a youtube channel where he makes fun of Canadian things. Its so funny to see all the Canadians lose their **** in the comment section because these same people make fun of Americans for not being able to handle a criticism or joke about America.
J.J. McCullough

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think this is just a reflection of us being a world power. The same things they said about America could maybe applied to another country, say Paraguay but no one would care. Why? Because most people have not heard about Paraguay and the country holds no relevance. America has a so much influence(political,economic, cultural, military) which many non-Americans dislike.
Also the article below perfectly explains Anti-Americanism in Canada and I think the reasons are similar in Britain and Australia.
Anti-Americanism | The Canada Guide
Also the author of this article is Canadian and he has a youtube channel where he makes fun of Canadian things. Its so funny to see all the Canadians lose their **** in the comment section because these same people make fun of Americans for not being able to handle a criticism or joke about America.
J.J. McCullough

I can understand it if people have disagreements or disputes with the U.S. government. Many Americans also have such disagreements with their governments. But they seem to lump all of America together into a single monolithic, amorphous entity. To me, I think it's only certain sections of America which they're referring to, usually revolving around what they see in American media (both news and entertainment). So, they're not really getting the full story or the perspective that one would get from living here. All they see is what they want to see.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
:) We have a special relationship. Nobody takes the rip out of Canada like an American, but Brits are holding our holy land hostage. We fear they might desecrate its historic sites. Britain is what passes for American History, sort-of, so they have leverage. Also we share joint custody of LOTR. There are limits to what we'll allow, however. If they get too annoying then we cut down on the number of olympic medals we let them have.

Phil25

I can understand it if people have disagreements or disputes with the U.S. government. Many Americans also have such disagreements with their governments. But they seem to lump all of America together into a single monolithic, amorphous entity. To me, I think it's only certain sections of America which they're referring to, usually revolving around what they see in American media (both news and entertainment). So, they're not really getting the full story or the perspective that one would get from living here. All they see is what they want to see.
This is certainly true but Youtube and other social media brings the worst out of everyone. I myself have been guilty of this where I have exaggerated the bad things of Europe and insulted Europe just to get them triggered and see the reactions. You will find that people are much more nicer in real life and don't hold the extreme anti-American views that they reflect on social media especially anonymous ones.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This is certainly true but Youtube and other social media brings the worst out of everyone. I myself have been guilty of this where I have exaggerated the bad things of Europe and insulted Europe just to get them triggered and see the reactions. You will find that people are much more nicer in real life and don't hold the extreme anti-American views that they reflect on social media especially anonymous ones.

I can understand that to some degree. Back in my usenet days, I would visit newsgroups like alt.flame.the.usa which was mainly filled with residents of the Anglosphere taking shots at each other. It was all in good fun, though, as no one really had any animosity towards each other's countries. But it's not always so good-natured.

I can also sense a bit of arrogance from the producer of this video, as he seems to set himself up as the spokesman for the entire world outside America. If he wants to say that America makes no sense to British people, that would be one thing, but he's saying this about the "entire world" which appears to be beyond presumptuous.

Jumi

I have a differing opinion as part of anyone else.

10. US Toddlers Shoot One Person a Week
Weird that so many don't take gun safety seriously.

9. Bestiality is Still Legal in 9 US States (but premarital sex is outlawed)
This is strange, but the same kind of laws exist in some European countries. It was believed at one point that only people with abnormally low intelligence and mental illness would engage in it, so psychiatrists recommended it being "legal" to avoid jailing people who had enough trouble with their life to begin with. There is a drive to make it illegal again.

8. The Highest Paid Public Employee in 39 States is a Sports Coach
Not that weird. People waste their attention and money in sports in other countries as well.

7. Over Half of All Americans Don’t Hold a Valid Passport
That's a good thing. Less pollution from travel if you're happy at home. More people should stay in their countries.

6. 30% of Americans Prefer Saving Money to Vital Medical Treatment
Although my country's healthcare is "famous", it's lost most of that with bad governments. A decade ago I've had to save money on health care and instead spend money on food, couldn't afford it.

5. 7 States Have Custody Rights for Rapists
It's weird, but it's not only in the US. Rapists certainly don't deserve anything of the sort.

4. America Has More Self-Identified Patriots than Anywhere Else on Earth
Only bad if they're ignorant patriots which is what this youtuber assumes.

3. Americans are More Likely to Get Bitten by Other Americans than Rats
That's not weird in a civilized country, with few rats.

2. Americans Take ‘Fast Food’ Extremely Literally
It's weird, but so is garbage food in general.

1. Government Departments Have Official Advice for Reporting Elvis Sightings
That's weird, if it's really going on still.