• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Seven Reasons God Exist.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
The "Spoiler" defines God.

Just saying that God exists (in spoiler). When someone says God does not exist, I look at the definition in the spoiler and scratch my head. How? If God didn't exist, nothing would be here.

No head-scratching required. There is no objective evidence that anything supernatural exists, nor any definable need for such a thing to exist.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
The "Spoiler" defines God.

Just saying that God exists (in spoiler). When someone says God does not exist, I look at the definition in the spoiler and scratch my head. How? If God didn't exist, nothing would be here.
Why would nothing exist without God?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Why would that make a difference?

It wouldn't. Unfortunately, not all people see it that way. (Point of thread, not all people think the way most atheist and the like reply to threads) The challenge is to make threads to where its focused on a non atheist point of view, and atheist can jump into believers shoes to answer questions they may or may not disagree with.

A lot of threads are answered by atheists and the like. They are the only ones that give me exclusions " but you know, not everyone sees X this way." or "Well, I believe in both. ... so your options don't fit me"

Things like that. It's for an audience who can at least have a conception of God in multiple ways without using a monotheist lenses. Once one uses a monotheist lens to answer questions, there comes bias.

Almost like trying to get a Christian to think out of the box. I'll figure it out some day.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
God, not as a being and not supernatural, is a word for all that I described above (the circular reasoning you were saying), our mind, our purpose, design, and the other seven reasons.

Nothing supernatural

Not a being.

Life.
My question is why do you think this is accurate? What outside or objective evidence do you have to support it that does not assume that "God is our mind, our purpose, our design, etc.? Without outside evidence, this is nothing but circular reasoning. If these things were proved with outside evidence, I would agree with you.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
God, not as a being and not supernatural, is a word for all that I described above (the circular reasoning you were saying), our mind, our purpose, design, and the other seven reasons.

Nothing supernatural

Not a being.

Life.
Why is it your opinion that God is "life"?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
God (consciousness, force, being, the all, nature, environment, love, people, and so on. In OP Spoiler)... is not supernatural. Is not a noun to describe a person out in the middle of now where

God exists because you exist.

2. God exists because without "Him" (using a pronoun for convenience not for a specific God), you would literally be brain-dead.

Without your mind or consciousness (God) you would not function. Therefore, you have mind and consciousness (God) hence God exists.

3. God exists because of design and pattern in the universe.

God IS pattern and design. (He/She/It/Whatever) did not create it (that's monotheistic lens)

Design such as the sun and moon patterns. Without the sun and moon, no exists. Therefore, God exists.

4. God exists because we all want a sense of purpose in life.

Unless you don't have any purpose in life whatsoever (not talking of those with clinical depression etc), no want to clean the house, take of oneself, etc, then God does not exist.

Since the "sense of purpose" IS God (God did not give it; monotheistic lens again) and we have this purpose no matter how we define it, God exists.

5. God exist because He is our inner wisdom.

Unless we feel we don't have wisdom or knowledge (unless we believe we are dumb, I guess), we have wisdom. Buddha-nature, is how I'd describe it.

Inner Wisdom can also be described as God. (God is not a person; He did not give wisdom) He IS wisdom.

6. God exists because the Creator.

You don't need to be a being or create something out of nothing to be a creator. I create poetry. Ants create dirt hills. Since the universe had some motion to create itself, it is the Creator=it is God.

Therefore, God exists (if not, no earth would be created; universe for that matter) Remember, not a person. Not a being with hands shaping the universe.
That's a monotheist lens.

7. God exists because He is a concept or idea, a word to describe the simplicity of life (most of what I described above)

All of these explanations are life. I just used the word God as a definition of these reasons.

The point: Many people see God a as a being. "God" (above) is not a being. He is life. He exists. How? read above.

Again, he for convenience.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
My question is why do you think this is accurate? What outside or objective evidence do you have to support it that does not assume that "God is our mind, our purpose, our design, etc.? Without outside evidence, this is nothing but circular reasoning. If these things were proved with outside evidence, I would agree with you.

Take the word God out.

We have a mind.
We have a purpose
We have the universe
We have (what else did I mention...)

That's objective evidence. What evidence did you want?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Take the word God out.

We have a mind.
We have a purpose
We have the universe
We have (what else did I mention...)

That's objective evidence. What evidence did you want?
Right. I agree. But, the existence of these things do not prove that God exists. That's my point.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Why is it your opinion that God is "life"?

My personal belief. I found that all of our definitions of God in all different beliefs are like personifications and cultural definitions etc of life. From mythology to psychology. I don't see God a part from human thinking. I don't like using the word God because it causes threads like this that is not the point. However, it's a word that's commonly used. I'm trying to take out the bias and just view God as life. A collection of all the beliefs and the foundations of them all.

I have to catch the bus. Will ge tback to you twoo

leibowde84

Veteran Member
My personal belief. I found that all of our definitions of God in all different beliefs are like personifications and cultural definitions etc of life. From mythology to psychology. I don't see God a part from human thinking. I don't like using the word God because it causes threads like this that is not the point. However, it's a word that's commonly used. I'm trying to take out the bias and just view God as life. A collection of all the beliefs and the foundations of them all.

I have to catch the bus. Will ge tback to you twoo
Alright, but none of this provides any evidence for the existence of God. Does it?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Alright, but none of this provides any evidence for the existence of God. Does it?

If you separate God from mind, purpose, love, force that createz, then youre right.

I dont believe in an outside creator. Not a being. Thats a monotheistic lens. God is not defined just by that.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
1. God exists because you exist.

2. God exists because without "Him" (using a pronoun for convenience not for a specific God), you would literally be brain-dead.

7. God exists because He is a concept or idea, a word to describe the simplicity of life (most of what I described above)

If you'd like to have a good discussion about a couple of these reasons, that would be cool. This is not a Monotheist, Polytheist, Pantheist, Panenthiest, Deist, Left-hand Path ;), atheist, agnostic, folk faiths, druid, and so on focused thread. I used "God" because it is what word that is commonly used. Please take out the connotations associated with God and refer to how you see "Him" and the definition I gave at the top.

Happy debating.

Thank you for reading this.
Do you have any "evidence" that is not a blatant logical fallacy?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
God is: Any supernatural being

[force; divine; nature; environment; the all; consciousness; energy; awareness; spirit; mind; Buddha-nature; human-god; human; creator; sun; moon; stars; earth--you get the picture--no exclusions]

worshiped as controlling some part of the world

[or is the word, in the word, above the world, a part from the world, not the world, as a person, as a being, as nature, WHATever or WHOever]

or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force (fill in the blank).
Courtesy of Dictionary : Vocabulary.com (Colored text my additions)

If God is consciousness, you exist because you to have consciousness. Without mind, you can't live. As such, God is just a label to explain your mind in relation to your survival. Without it, you cannot exist. To prove minds or consciousness does not exist is to prove that all living beings and things have no energy and motivation (however it is called in animals, etc) to live. Since you do have this instinct, etc. God does exist.

As mind, awareness, and energy, He is you and you are Him. Without Him, no survival. The body can't live without God.

Don't panic.:eek: Let me explain. God is nature. Nature has a pattern. As we are born, grow, age, and pass on this pattern is the process of God. God lets the ants make a mold hill and corroborate with each other in what they do even though it's repetitive and quote annoying during the summer time. God is the sun that rises, sits, and sets. God is the moon phases from full (happy full moon day!), to quarter, to new and back to quarter, and full again. God is energy=energy makes this happen. Therefore, God exists.

Don't panic.:eek: Let me explain. Without a purpose, why would doctors want to be doctors? Why would people want to have a family? Why would students want a full education? Why would you want to clean your home? Why would you want to live a healthy life? Why do you want to live? Your body says you do. Your mind says you do. This is biological and psychological. As such, no one escapes this want and some times need to challenge oneself to build a purpose (or insert whatever would you like) in life. Does it have to be spiritual: No. Does it have to involve the Alpha and the Omega? No. Don't panic.:eek: Why do you want to live? That purpose IS God.

He is the "light-bulb" that goes off in our head when we have a great idea. He is the poet's fever to write words (as I am doing now, I can't help it. High fever, apparently) in beautiful pose. He is what some of us call coincidences. He is the synchronicity in life. There need not be anything supernatural in all this. Where would you be without having new ideas? Where would you be if you didn't fulfill the passion you have? Where would you be without the psychology of bringing new things or thinking about the old? All of what I just said and more IS God. Without it, we would be bodies and minds--machines without a motor.

6. God exists because He is the Creator.

Don't panic. :eek:Everyone has a different view of what the Creator entails: Myself included. Creator, to me, is not someone who brings something into nothing. That's magic. There is no magic. Creator creates things from what is already here. We create buildings. We create books by writing them. We are creators of our inventions. We create. So, behind all of the world's atoms and such, the Creator is the energy or physics that make one force (say water) come together with another force (say land). The Creator creates mountains. He creates the valleys. He makes the winds into hurricanes.

What is already here is put together by energy (or whatever the physic's word is) to create one thing into another. Sperm and egg creates a child. Rotten food can bring maggots. So forth.

One does not need to create something from nothing to be a Creator.

As a concept, God can shift into a force, a being, a Alpha, Odin, or any other being, force, (fill in the blank), that can exist. We don't need to worship it for it to be God. It does not have to be supernatural to be God. It doesn't have to have spiritual terminology to be God. For example, we say we make "gods" out of money. We make "gods" out of our family. Why? Because way put these at more importance than ourselves.

THAT is God. What or who we put as an importance over ourselves regardless of who or what it is. Do you value something more than yourself? Do you value your family? Your friends? Loved ones? If you think of others more than yourself, you experienced God. Thereby, God exists.

While this is long and will be cherry-picked, my point is pretty simple. God exists.

"He" (for convenience not for a specific religion) exists because:

If you'd like to have a good discussion about a couple of these reasons, that would be cool. This is not a Monotheist, Polytheist, Pantheist, Panenthiest, Deist, Left-hand Path ;), atheist, agnostic, folk faiths, druid, and so on focused thread. I used "God" because it is what word that is commonly used. Please take out the connotations associated with God and refer to how you see "Him" and the definition I gave at the top.

Happy debating.

Those are just assumptions, not reasons.

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
1. Odin exists because you exist.

If Odin is consciousness, you exist because you to have consciousness. Without mind, you can't live. As such, Odin is just a label to explain your mind in relation to your survival. Without it, you cannot exist. To prove minds or consciousness does not exist is to prove that all living beings and things have no energy and motivation (however it is called in animals, etc) to live. Since you do have this instinct, etc. Odin does exist.

2. Odin exists because without "Him" (using a pronoun for convenience not for a specific God), you would literally be brain-dead.

As mind, awareness, and energy, He is you and you are Him. Without Him, no survival. The body can't live without oxygyn.

3. Odin exists because of design and pattern in the universe.

Don't panic.:eek: Let me explain. Odin is nature. Nature has a pattern. As we are born, grow, age, and pass on this pattern is the process of Odin. Odin lets the ants make a mold hill and corroborate with each other in what they do even though it's repetitive and quote annoying during the summer time. Odin is the sun that rises, sits, and sets. Odin is the moon phases from full (happy full moon day!), to quarter, to new and back to quarter, and full again. Odin is energy=energy makes this happen. Therefore, Odin exists.

4. Odin exists because we all want a sense of purpose in life.

Don't panic.:eek: Let me explain. Without a purpose, why would doctors want to be doctors? Why would people want to have a family? Why would students want a full education? Why would you want to clean your home? Why would you want to live a healthy life? Why do you want to live? Your body says you do. Your mind says you do. This is biological and psychological. As such, no one escapes this want and some times need to challenge oneself to build a purpose (or insert whatever would you like) in life. Does it have to be spiritual: No. Does it have to involve the Alpha and the Omega? No. Don't panic.:eek: Why do you want to live? That purpose IS Odin.

5. Odin exist because He is our inner wisdom.

He is the "light-bulb" that goes off in our head when we have a great idea. He is the poet's fever to write words (as I am doing now, I can't help it. High fever, apparently) in beautiful pose. He is what some of us call coincidences. He is the synchronicity in life. There need not be anything supernatural in all this. Where would you be without having new ideas? Where would you be if you didn't fulfill the passion you have? Where would you be without the psychology of bringing new things or thinking about the old? All of what I just said and more IS Odin. Without it, we would be bodies and minds--machines without a motor.

6. Odin exists because He is the Creator.

Don't panic. :eek:Everyone has a different view of what the Creator entails: Myself included. Creator, to me, is not someone who brings something into nothing. That's magic. There is no magic. Creator creates things from what is already here. We create buildings. We create books by writing them. We are creators of our inventions. We create. So, behind all of the world's atoms and such, the Creator is the energy or physics that make one force (say water) come together with another force (say land). The Creator creates mountains. He creates the valleys. He makes the winds into hurricanes.

What is already here is put together by energy (or whatever the physic's word is) to create one thing into another. Sperm and egg creates a child. Rotten food can bring maggots. So forth.

One does not need to create something from nothing to be a Creator.

7. Odin exists because He is a concept or idea, a word to describe the simplicity of life (most of what I described above)

As a concept, Odin can shift into a force, a being, a Alpha, Zeus, or any other being, force, (fill in the blank), that can exist. We don't need to worship it for it to be Odin. It does not have to be supernatural to be Odin. It doesn't have to have spiritual terminology to be Odin. For example, we say we make "gods" out of money. We make "gods" out of our family. Why? Because way put these at more importance than ourselves.

THAT is Odin. What or who we put as an importance over ourselves regardless of who or what it is. Do you value something more than yourself? Do you value your family? Your friends? Loved ones? If you think of others more than yourself, you experienced Odin. Thereby, Odin exists.

While this is long and will be cherry-picked, my point is pretty simple. Odin exists.

"He" (for convenience not for a specific religion) exists because:

1. Odin exists because you exist.

2. Odin exists because without "Him" (using a pronoun for convenience not for a specific god), you would literally be brain-dead.

3. Odin exists because of design and pattern in the universe.

4. Odin exists because we all want a sense of purpose in life.

5. Odin exist because He is our inner wisdom.

6. Odin exists because the Creator.

7. Odin exists because He is a concept or idea, a word to describe the simplicity of life (most of what I described above)

If you'd like to have a good discussion about a couple of these reasons, that would be cool. This is not a Monotheist, Polytheist, Pantheist, Panenthiest, Deist, Left-hand Path ;), atheist, agnostic, folk faiths, druid, and so on focused thread. I used "Odin" because it is what word that is commonly used. Please take out the connotations associated with Odin and refer to how you see "Him" and the definition I gave at the top.

Happy debating.

See I fixed it for ya :p :rolleyes: