• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top countries that are doing the best at COVID-19

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
f you go way down the list, the countries doing best in terms of cases per million are

USA 19.5
UK 28.7
Japan 6.9
Malaysia 20.8
Canada 15.8
Australia 17.7

This is a critical time and we need to do all we can; if we weather this storm the financial climb will be even harder, but I'm grateful for how well we're doing.

China's transportation is almost back to normal. There is hope. Be vigilant.

dianaiad

It'll get worse...but then it'll get better. The point, for us, I think, is to spread things out enough so that our health care system can handle it a little better than the single payer health care systems of China and Italy have.

At least I hope so. Y'see, when one looks at the folks who are at the top of the 'danger, Will Robinson' list, I check off ALL the boxes. ;) so you can imagine that I'm hoping and praying for the best.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
US in reality is nowhere near this because they've run out of tests. Not testing is throwing off actual case numbers.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The US is on a rapid rise in cases. The snapshot is meaningless. I don't believe China so I don't believe their numbers.

I do believe the numbers from South Korea because they're doing so well at testing. And their number right now is 164/million.

If we were doing as well as them and we're far far from it, our number will be on the order of 54,000 soon. I hope we're that lucky but given the heedless behavior of some, I would not be surprised if we had Italy's number soon which would be on the order of 172,000 cases.

And the number in italy is still going up rapidly so 250,000 cases? Your guess is as good as mine.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I wonder if there are any anti-Trumpeteers that are demented enough to hope that the virus get's worse so they can blame Trump. We saw some wish for a recession to hit before the election because they thought it might hurt Trumps chances so I don't think it is that far fetched.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I wonder if there are any anti-Trumpeteers that are demented enough to hope that the virus get's worse so they can blame Trump. We saw some wish for a recession to hit before the election because they thought it might hurt Trumps chances so I don't think it is that far fetched.

sheesh how sad that you need to bring trump recriminations into it.