• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 5 TV Series

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
List your Top 5 TV series in no particular order

For me:

Breaking Bad
Invincible
Supernatural (Seasons 1-5 only, the rest I enjoy but don't include in my headcanon)
Lost
Midnight Mass (so long as they don't make another season :p)

We Never Know

No Slack

For me:

Breaking Bad
Invincible
Supernatural (Seasons 1-5 only, the rest I enjoy but don't include in my headcanon)
Lost

I don't watch a lot of TV so I never had five. However three I did watch were...
-Person of Interest
-SOA (Sons of Anarchy)
-Leverage

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I watch little tv and so don't get hooked on tv series. The last few i watched regularly are.
ST,TNG.
Last of the summer wine (hilarious)
Allo, Allo (also hilarious)
Bread (also hilarious)
Red Dwarf (also hilarious)

Thats 5 but I want to add.

The 3 "Wonders of ....." By Brian Cox
And
"The incredible human journey" by Alice Roberts.
And
Most of the BBCs Horizon programs.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Im only currently watching one series. Once upon a time.

Im close to the end but aint finished it. Im at the part where one the characters becomes the dark one. Won't mention who cuz of spoilers.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I don't watch much entertainment TV, but when I heard Vince Gilligan interviewed on npr back in around 2008 talking about a show he was doing about an ordinary, decent guy turning into Scarface, well I had to watch it. Breaking Bad. It was a superb production, and it was fun to listen how the showrunners evolved the show over time. Better Call Saul was equally superb. They really had a way to create bad guys with personality traits that we identified with and felt empathy for. Jonathan Banks brought so much to both of these series, I can't imagine they would have been nearly as good without him. And it was a total fluke that he was cast.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I don't watch a lot of TV so I never had five. However three I did watch were...
-Person of Interest
-SOA (Sons of Anarchy)
-Leverage
I really need to watch Sons of Anarchy, I hear nothing but good things about it and I've been recommended it by a few people. I honestly don't have an excuse for not having watched it yet.
I don't watch much entertainment TV, but when I heard Vince Gilligan interviewed on npr back in around 2008 talking about a show he was doing about an ordinary, decent guy turning into Scarface, well I had to watch it. Breaking Bad. It was a superb production, and it was fun to listen how the showrunners evolved the show over time. Better Call Saul was equally superb. They really had a way to create bad guys with personality traits that we identified with and felt empathy for. Jonathan Banks brought so much to both of these series, I can't imagine they would have been nearly as good without him. And it was a total fluke that he was cast.
I agree. I can wholeheartedly say Breaking Bad perfected every aspect of itself: its characters, its story, its actors, its visuals, its conclusion... everything about it was great. And it was so unique, too. Every other episode something completely unexpected happened.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
  1. Hogan's Heroes: a 60's sit com set in a WW2 POW camp ran by the Germans. A bit controversial at the time, but I watch this show when I'm feeling down, love it!
  2. Neon Genesis: Evangelion: my favorite anime. Extremely psychological and a slow burn.
  3. Vinland Saga: a relatively new anime with only 1 season. My second favorite anime so far, as the first season was just a prologue. It blew my mind and amazed me though
  4. Breaking Bad: no explanation needed
  5. Mr Bean: a non verbal protagonist that gets himself in silly shenanigans. Always a heartwarming laugh
Honorable mention: I Love Lucy

PureX

Veteran Member
I'm old. So I can remember way back when M.A.S.H. and Hill Street Blues were new, 'gotta watch it' TV shows. Making any kind of list would be difficult. But some of the more recent tv series I've liked were Better Things, Reservation Dogs, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Ted Lasso, and the Billie Eilish documentary (The World's a Little Blurry). Actually, anything involving Billie Eilish is fascinating. Her interview with David Letterman is fantastic. Even that old fart/curmudgeon Letterman was totally charmed.

Clizby Wampuscat

For me:

Breaking Bad
Invincible
Lost
Hawaii Five - 0 (Original Series)
Hogan's Heroes
Breaking Bad
Good Luck Charlie
Original Star Trek
Phineas and Ferb

Nimos

For me:

Breaking Bad
Invincible
Lost

Some seasons I like more than others and some are terrible, but in general, these are series that I have really enjoyed :)

Game of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire
Spartacus
Walking dead
Fawlty Towers
True Blood
Lost
House of Dragon (So far, very good)
Stranger things
Altered Carbon
Fringe
Band of Brothers
Arcane
Umbrella Academy
X-Files
Star trek (Obviously only the old ones)
Ozark

A bit more than 5, but in general I think all of these have something to offer that is good.

Last edited:

Erebus

I'm in the same boat here. The series ended after 5 seasons as far as I'm concerned. I think seasons 1-5 are definitely good enough to make Supernatural one of my top 5 though.

The other 4 are:

The Good Place - I genuinely felt a bit melancholic when I'd finished watching it as I was aware that I'd never be able to see it for the first time again. I would also recommend it to everybody on RF as it touches on subjects that regularly come up in discussion here.

Ash Vs Evil Dead - This managed to top Army of Darkness as my favourite thing in the Evil Dead franchise. It's unbelievably gory and campy in the best possible way.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - A sitcom in the same vein as Friends but where everybody is a sociopath. The humour isn't going to be for everybody but it really clicked for me. I love the fact the series drops hints that one of the main characters might be a serial killer but never outright confirms it.

The Last Kingdom - An excellent bit of historical fiction with just enough of a low fantasy edge to add mystique without losing its grounding in reality.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

For me:

Breaking Bad
Invincible
Lost

House MD
Fringe
Supernatural
Once Upon a Time

That's all I can think of right now.

Heyo

Veteran Member

For me:

Breaking Bad
Invincible
Lost
Last time I owned a TV was in the previous millennium.