• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 10 states with decreasing populations

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
and the source is Fox so the right knows it's accurate reporting ;)

And what state is in 8 out of the 10 below for destinations? Why, what a shock. California of all places. How can that be when everyone knows how bad California really is and how the taxes utterly ruin people. :confused::rolleyes:;)

10. Rhode Island Massachusetts, Florida, Connecticut, Virginia or California.

9. Wyoming Texas, Colorado, Montana, Utah or California

8. Alaska Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Texas or California.

7. Connecticut Florida, New York, Massachusetts, South Carolina or California.

6. Illinois Indiana, Florida, Wisconsin or Missouri, ... California.

5. Hawaii California, Texas, Nevada, Washington or North Carolina.

4. Louisiana Texas, Mississippi, California, Florida or Georgia.

3. West Virginia Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania, Maryland or North Carolina.

2. New Jersey Pennsylvania, New York, Florida, North Carolina or California.

1. New York New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Florida, California, Connecticut or North Carolina.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Why in the hell are people in Illinois going to Indiana? Except for the capital cities, is there really any appreciable difference between the two?
Now, of course it's understandable why so many of us come here, to the state of Golden Sunshine. Because it is really, very, fantastically nice here.

Altfish

Veteran Member

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Why in the hell are people in Illinois going to Indiana? Except for the capital cities, is there really any appreciable difference between the two?
Now, of course it's understandable why so many of us come here, to the state of Golden Sunshine. Because it is really, very, fantastically nice here.

Taxes.

Secondly, property value goes up far more rapidly...

Thirdly, gas and food are cheaper. :D

Most of the people are moving from Illinois move to Lake County.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Californiastan.....
Been there & done that.

Rather be here.
- Lower cost of living.
- More engine shows.
- No droughts, fires, earthquakes, floods, or celebrities.
- English is commonly spoken.
- More machinery.
- Fewer hassles pulling trailer loads of machinery.
- Less crapping & hypo dumping in the streets.
Even Detroit is better than San Francisco.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
If you are going to have to live on the streets, wouldn't it be a good idea to head for somewhere relatively warm, with a fairly affluent population and good social welfare system?

A number of these homeless folks have jobs. They just can't afford the rent.

In fact this guy I knew came to Calif from Alabama. Sold his house there move to Calif because of a job transfer. Ended up quitting his job and moving back because he couldn't afford to buy a house here.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

And what state is in 8 out of the 10 below for destinations? Why, what a shock. California of all places. How can that be when everyone knows how bad California really is and how the taxes utterly ruin people. :confused::rolleyes:;)

10. Rhode Island Massachusetts, Florida, Connecticut, Virginia or California.

9. Wyoming Texas, Colorado, Montana, Utah or California

8. Alaska Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Texas or California.

7. Connecticut Florida, New York, Massachusetts, South Carolina or California.

6. Illinois Indiana, Florida, Wisconsin or Missouri, ... California.

5. Hawaii California, Texas, Nevada, Washington or North Carolina.

4. Louisiana Texas, Mississippi, California, Florida or Georgia.

3. West Virginia Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania, Maryland or North Carolina.

2. New Jersey Pennsylvania, New York, Florida, North Carolina or California.

1. New York New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Florida, California, Connecticut or North Carolina.
I have a theory.....
Californiastan is indeed experience population gain.
But it could be cuz of the influx of illegals & homeless
is offsetting the masses moving to Idaho & other
more affordable states.
Ref....
California: America’s First Third-World State | National Review

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I have a theory.....
Californiastan is indeed experience population gain.
But it could be cuz of the influx of illegals & homeless
is offsetting the masses moving to Idaho & other
more affordable states.
Ref....
California: America’s First Third-World State | National Review

I've heard we also have a high influx of high tech folks, Google and other high tech industries. People who can afford housing costs and the taxes. The dystopia is getting noticeable.

California Preening

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

10. Rhode Island (Democrat) Massachusetts, Florida, Connecticut, Virginia or California.

9. Wyoming (Republican) Texas, Colorado, Montana, Utah or California

8. Alaska (Republican) Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Texas or California.

7. Connecticut (Democrat) Florida, New York, Massachusetts, South Carolina or California.

6. Illinois (Democrat) Indiana, Florida, Wisconsin or Missouri, ... California.

5. Hawaii (Democrat) California, Texas, Nevada, Washington or North Carolina.

4. Louisiana (Democrat) Texas, Mississippi, California, Florida or Georgia.

3. West Virginia (Democrat) Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania, Maryland or North Carolina.

2. New Jersey (Democrat) Pennsylvania, New York, Florida, North Carolina or California.

1. New York (Democrat) New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Florida, California, Connecticut or North Carolina.
I put things in perspective a little bit. A feature that is more than notably lacking in the articles these days.

The total?

2 Republican run states

8 Democrat run states

I'll just let people put the pieces together to get the big picture.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm sure they'll change their mind on a wall pretty soon.

Just so they don't have to ever look at the third world conditions they have created on the other side.
I don't know if true believers will heed reality knocking at their door.
Those in power are segregated from the teeming masses. Only if
voters become "woke" to unacceptable problems will leaders
address the problems. And then there'll be a backlash...accusations
of racism, insensitivity, & a lack of Christian charity. (I found it to be
a very Bible driven population when I lived there.)

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I'm sure they'll change their mind on a wall pretty soon.

Just so they don't have to ever look at the third world conditions they have created on the other side.

It's not bad if you work for the state. Good retirement, good health benefits. If you can afford to live in a gated community.

San Francisco is interesting. Beautiful High Rise apartments with security downstairs to keep out the riff raff. Access to fancy restaurants, workout gyms, nice theaters all in walking distance. Just have to watch your step when you go outside.

If you live near a homeless in encampment, you might get charged by the city to clean it up. A little extra cost of owning a home in Calif.
California homeowners hit with $20K bill to clean up homeless camp

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Taxes.

Secondly, property value goes up far more rapidly...

Thirdly, gas and food are cheaper. :D

Most of the people are moving from Illinois move to Lake County.
Gas is expensive in Indiana, generally and typically being above the national average, with every state between California and Indiana having gas that is way cheaper than both states (Indiana is usually about 50 cents/gallon cheaper than California). And Indiana isn't particularly tax friendly unless you're wealthy, and it's unfriendly towards lower income earners.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Gas is expensive in Indiana, generally and typically being above the national average, with every state between California and Indiana having gas that is way cheaper than both states (Indiana is usually about 50 cents/gallon cheaper than California). And Indiana isn't particularly tax friendly unless you're wealthy, and it's unfriendly towards lower income earners.

Yeah, but most people are middle class earners (at least the ones that are moving). And, the gas and everything else are cheaper. People also move because the firearm laws are much better, especially if crime was spiking in their old hood. Property taxes in Illinois are insane as well... If you have a middle class income the property taxes here are 5-6000 a year easy... some places it's 8k-10k... I'm lucky that I'm only paying 3... :)

Gas in Illinois is insane unless you go way far south of Chicago. If you're within 15 mins of the border it's always cheaper to make the drive if you need to buy anything, lol.

There is also the fact that moving to Indiana is pretty easy. Nearly all of my IRL friends have moved there for the most part. The California move makes no sense because other than the weather, everything that sucks in Illinois financially is worse there... :D Florida makes sense... better weather, better taxes, etc...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And, the gas and everything else are cheaper.
Gas is not cheaper in Indiana, which itself is rarely at or below the national average. Almost always it's higher. This holds for the years I've been driving, and the last two times I've drove between here and there, with gas being WAY cheaper in New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Illinois. Indiana and California definitely have the most expensive gas out of a huge chunk of America.
The California move makes no sense because other than the weathe
California has way more opportunities, way more jobs, way more money to make, and people here are more friendly and laid back, and there is the lack of Bible Humpers who feel entitled to legally subjugate everyone under their dogma, begin everything with prayer, and give a very big crap if you don't believe in their god.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Gas is not cheaper in Indiana, which itself is rarely at or below the national average. Almost always it's higher. This holds for the years I've been driving, and the last two times I've drove between here and there, with gas being WAY cheaper in New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Illinois. Indiana and California definitely have the most expensive gas out of a huge chunk of America.

California has way more opportunities, way more jobs, way more money to make, and people here are more friendly and laid back, and there is the lack of Bible Humpers who feel entitled to legally subjugate everyone under their dogma, begin everything with prayer, and give a very big crap if you don't believe in their god.

It's all relative. If you're in the Chicago burbs and compare your prices to Indiana it is cheaper... so, you will try to buy your gas there. The difference is usually 30-50 cents a gallon. If you compare downstate Illinois to Indiana, yeah it's going to be cheaper in downstate Illinois. Most what jacks up the price in Illinois is the Cook county taxes.

Liberals are not laid back they're on the verge of constant emotional breakdowns the minute something triggers them. I've spent lots of time in Cali and Illinois and while I think that both are very liberal Illinois is more chill -- I still think as a whole as far as "living standard" as long as you aren't in the metro areas of Cali it's a far better option than Illinois IF you can afford it. That is an _IF_ though. If you earn $100k in Illinois you're doing well, but you're a bum in Cali, lol. I've always joked with my wife that I should go to Cali to make that mad loot and then fly home for the weekend since I could get so much more for that money here. (even paying the plane ticket to go both ways isn't particularly expensive with the salary difference...) If you stay and spend it there your standard of living is worse, even though the weather is much better. :D (Homes the size of mine are over 300k in Cali... It's 100k here... That's a significant difference on the mortgage bill.) If I was a renter, I'd probably not care... but, I hate renting...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I still think as a whole as far as "living standard" as long as you aren't in the metro areas of Cali it's a far better option than Illinois IF you can afford it. That is an _IF_ though. If you earn $100k in Illinois you're doing well, but you're a bum in Cali, lol.
I don't make close to that and I am doing just fine in California. Now, granted I don't live in or around LA or San Fransisco, but LA is close enough I've been there enough times to know there are times when traffic isn't gridlocked and moving slower than a geriatric ward on walkers. And that's it's just way too many people and way too much noise for me to want to live there.
But, other than medical expenses (I'm on the medically needy side) I'm doing much better here than I ever could have been doing in Indiana. More normal work might even be more possible here with regular and frequent breaks at work, giving my knee more time to rest.
And, really, the cost of living isn't that much higher where I am at compared to where I was in Indiana. Some things are more, such as gas being about 50 cents/gallon more, produce cost a bit more, but rent and utilities are comparable and roughly the same, and if you aren't lazy and you shop around everything else is pretty much at or close to the same. But there is so much more money to be made here so you come out ahead.
But, overall, all things considered, my finances as far as immediate needs go (shelter, food, utilities) are met with money to cover my sudden needs since I got established here (such as a new tire when the sidewall on one was punctured, and just today a new cell phone), and money to go to other needs. And that's just starting here. It's a ladder I haven't yet finished climbing.
Know, I did come here knowing I have to hit the ground running, that I'd hit it hard, and failure was not an option. I've been doing rather well for myself ever since, haven't looked back, and don't regret it because this is the land of milk of honey compared to Indiana (the weather especially has been such a wonderful thing for my knees and IBS without the harsh colds and walking on ice).

If I was a renter, I'd probably not care... but, I hate renting...
The only reason I'd prefer renting is just so someone else can take care of the maintenance. I can do most of it, but especially after I get back into my field I'm just not going to want to do it. And because I'm cheap I won't call someone to do it unless I absolutely have to. And I'll be getting a house from my parents here in California, so I don't have much incentive to get another one until then anyways. (I had a double wide in Indiana - sold it and used to money to get here)

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Know, I did come here knowing I have to hit the ground running, that I'd hit it hard, and failure was not an option. I've been doing rather well for myself ever since, haven't looked back, and don't regret it because this is the land of milk of honey compared to Indiana (the weather especially has been such a wonderful thing for my knees and IBS without the harsh colds and walking on ice).

With me it's allergies. I'm allergic to things in Illinois, but not in California. But, if I had to pick I'd probably pick Arizona or Nevada for the better tax scenario. I have friends in both places, so I'd not be alone. Cali just wants to tax and spend to oblivion and support the unwashed migrant hordes. I'm not inhuman, but it's not my duty to support a bunch of other people I give a less than a single **** about. Especially, since I'm moving in.. I don't have any obligation to do so.

The cold gets worse as you get older too your blood just doesn't move to the extremities as well and you start getting to know the weather before you even see the report on the news/on your phone or w/e, lol.

Anyway, I know if I moved to Cali it wouldn't be a financial problem as I'd get a good paying job in that region. My wife would probably do better there too just because her business is good when it's >40F, kinda blah when it's cold. But, those same jobs are available in NV and AZ as well, so... I'm still thinking on it. :D

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There sure is a lot of jealousy and fact cherry picking about California.

If CA were a nation, we'd be the 6th largest economy in the world. We have a budget surplus.

California's farmers and ranchers produce an amazing economic bounty. ... To put this in perspective, the $47.1 billion generated by California agriculture, which is 2 percent of the state's economy, was the largest amount for any state and made up 12.5 percent of the total agricultural production for all 50 states.

Yes there are problems, some of them severe with quite a few caused by our economic success causing great disparity in wealth.

But unlike other places, we welcome those who want to work hard and make something of themselves instead of building walls which $5 ladders can defeat.