• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 10 Reasons for Civil Marriage Equality

kevmicsmi

Maize said:
I haven't heard anything about that. The only thing that comes to mind in regards to the workplace is protections to ensure someone is not fired simply because of their sexual orientation. But most places already have something like that, a nondiscrimination policy - at least the major companies do, but it's not a quota thing.
What about religious organizations, would they be exempt?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
kevmicsmi said:
What about religious organizations, would they be exempt?
Religious organizations can and do whatever they like already - I see no reason that would change because of civil marriage equality.

kevmicsmi

Maize said:
Religious organizations can and do whatever they like already - I see no reason that would change because of civil marriage equality.
I was talking about your anti discrimination in the workplace post. thx

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
kevmicsmi said:
I was talking about your anti discrimination in the workplace post. thx
Those policies are already in place and it doesn't effect religious institutions, why should that change?

pdoel

kevmicsmi said:
I dont understand, are you saying it is good to have renegade judges who make up law instead of interpret it? please explain
I don't think I would consider a judge who is willing to give equal rights to homosexuals by allowing them to marry a "renegade" judge. The constitution says that all men are created equally. That we all deserve the same rights.

If a judge were to HONESTLY interpret the laws of this country, they would have NO choice but to grant gay marriages.

Plain and simple.

dbrowncola

The Bible clearly states that it is wrong.
GOD wiped out 2 cites because of this behavior.
While it may be politically correct to accept this behavior, it is against all religious beliefs.
America says we all have to right to our own beliefs.
But do the homosexuals have to right to actually put my life in jeopardy?
Let me explain,
The Bible says if you support the people who support the things against GOD, you are as guilty as they are.
THAT MEANS IF YOU SAY HOMOSEXUALITY IS OK THAT GOD CONSIDERS YOU A HOMOSEXUAL!
It means that if we allow this, GOD will again wipe us out.
We cannot allow this people!
It is SICK!
It is DERANGED!
I tell you, I know the POPE did not go straight to Heaven, because GOD considers him a Child Molester, because he allowed it in the church.
Read your Bible.
Stand you ground.
We are not second class people.
We are the world.
Only if we stand for GOD.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
dbrowncola said:
I don't think that Lot and Abraham tried to pass a law making it illegal for homosexuals to marry though, did they? And what does your belief in what is right and wrong according to your religion, have to do with a secular law? You are right, God did punish them, but that was God's decision, not man's. He is the one to make the judgement.
dbrowncola said:
While it may be politically correct to accept this behavior, it is against all religious beliefs.
Really? All religious beliefs? I think you mean christianity and some others judeo based religions, don't you?
dbrowncola said:
Let me explain,
The Bible says if you support the people who support the things against GOD, you are as guilty as they are.
First of all, where does the Bible say that?
Second of all, what do you call support? If the constitution says that everyone should have the same rights, and an honest person recognizes that and upholds that in secular government, how is that support for homosexuality? We simply recognize something that is common sense.
dbrowncola said:
It is SICK!
It is DERANGED!
I tell you, I know the POPE did not go straight to Heaven, because GOD considers him a Child Molester, because he allowed it in the church.
Read your Bible.
Stand you ground.
We are the world.
Save the drama for your moma.
Listen, why don't you just concerntrate on the things that you can control. Say the serenity prayer, take a valium, and decide that your religious beliefs are yours to share with others, not yours to force down the throats who do not believe the same as you do.

dbrowncola

It seems that you miss the point that GOD has already judged this.
It has nothing to do with me doing the same.
I am not judging, but following my Lords wishes.

dbrowncola

Thanks
I may be a GOD fearing man but I play your namesake on the guitar.
People don't seen to know the bible and it's wisdom.
I am only planting a seed as my creator asks me to do.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
dbrowncola said:
All of Mass. and the countries that have made gay marriage legal are still mysteriously standing.
Not mine.
How am I endangering you? God hasn't struck me down for being with Liz. How is a being that is supposedly so loving going to strike you down for something you're not even responsible for?
Sounds like God's gotten really daft. That's like saying if you think a C is a passing grade, you automatically get a C on everything.
It is SICK!
It is DERANGED!
What's sick and deranged is this diatribe.

standing_alone

That's wonderful. This is supposed to be a secular nation.

Good for God. Funny he hasn't wiped out San Francisco yet. Maybe still a little tired after the last temper tantrum?

Not all religious beliefs. Might want to look further into religion before you make clams like that.

Yeah, and we also have the right to be protected from other peoples - check out the establishment clause of the first amendment.

How are homosexuals putting your life in jeapardy?

No one says you have to "support" gay marriage, but your own, personal religious beliefs shouldn't keep two people who love eachother from marrying and receiving the same benefits as others already do.

Why would God consider something as illogical as that?

Other countries allow same-sex couples to marry. I don't see their nations crumbling to rubble.

It is SICK!
It is DERANGED!
What is sick and deranged about love?

Read your Bible.
Stand you ground.
We are the world.
This statement just kind of scares me.

dbrowncola

Again
I will say am I new and am still trying to follow this format.
I follow a man who teaches chapter by chapter and verse by verse.
All questions are answered for me.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
dbrowncola said:
... THAT MEANS IF YOU SAY HOMOSEXUALITY IS OK THAT GOD CONSIDERS YOU A HOMOSEXUAL!...
This is utterly ridiculous. I'm calling bs because I know you won't be able to prove it.

Let's assume for a moment, though, that your diatribe is valid.:rolleyes: None of it refutes the 10 reasons for Civil Marriage Equality in Maize's OP. Please feel free to try again if you have anything substantive.

Aqualung

Tasty
dbrowncola said:
Thanks
I may be a GOD fearing man but I play your namesake on the guitar.
People don't seen to know the bible and it's wisdom.
I am only planting a seed as my creator asks me to do.
I play my name sake on the bass. :D And, I didn't necessarily agree with you. I just thought it was a good post. ;) Brought out some points you don't normally here in these debates.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Aqualung said:
Brought out some points you don't normally here in these debates.
Bringing out points not normally heard does not make a good post. Valid points make a good post. And I'm not sure I saw a single valid thing in the spiel for why civil marriage shouldn't be extended to lesbian and gay couples.

Aqualung

Tasty
Jensa said:
Bringing out points not normally heard does not make a good post. Valid points make a good post. And I'm not sure I saw a single valid thing in the spiel for why civil marriage shouldn't be extended to lesbian and gay couples.
Those points were valid. I didn't agree with them, but they were valid points from his stance.

You don't think they're valid because you refuse to see them from his PoV. You are already convinced that there is no reason for one to not vote to legalise gay marriage. But for him, this point is very valid. God destroyed a city because of it, and who knows when he'll do it again? It's self preservation, which is valid for some christians.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Aqualung said:
Those points were valid. I didn't agree with them, but they were valid points from his stance.

You don't think they're valid because you refuse to see them from his PoV. You are already convinced that there is no reason for one to not vote to legalise gay marriage. But for him, this point is very valid. God destroyed a city because of it, and who knows when he'll do it again? It's self preservation, which is valid for some christians.
When it comes to logic, this is the definition of valid:
  1. Containing premises from which the conclusion may logically be derived: a valid argument.
  2. Correctly inferred or deduced from a premise: a valid conclusion.
His diatribe is neither logical nor correctly inferred. It's hateful nonsense.

Reactions: Pah