• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 10 Contradictions in the Bible

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Are they really errors? Or is there an error within your interpretation when considering the context.
I have studied them very carefully....what about you?

Let me give you an example of doctrinal bias at its best using John 1:1 (the most quoted verse in support of the trinity)

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." KJV

The use of capitals is to indicate the deity of Jesus as the Word.....right? So the Word was "God? But there are no Capital letters in Greek. Its is all one case.

Now turn to John 1:18...
"No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

What do you see? Something that agrees with John 1:1...right?......Wrong.

What is interpreted as "only begotten Son" in that verse uses the same word "theos" where "Son" has been rendered incorrectly. It literally reads "only begotten god" which when you think about it, is contradictory. Not only is it telling us point blank that "no one has seen God at any time", (thousands saw Jesus) it is suggesting that God is "begotten". Anything living that is "begotten" needs a "begetter" who existed before them....one who gave them life. The Word (Logos meaning spokesman, or one who speaks words for another) was in heaven "with God" before being sent on his earthly mission.

The NASB more correctly renders that verse...
"No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him."

Jesus is described as "the beginning of God's creation" in Revelation 3:14 and at Colossians 1:15 he is called "the first born of all creation"....so Jesus cannot be God because he had a beginning....he was "begotten" by his Father.

If KJV translates "Son in verse 18, then it should also translate "Son" in verse 1, which would read...
"In the Beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was the Son."

This is bias in translation where it can be clearly seen.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So perhaps God knew that Abraham's faith was not what God wanted. I mean sacrificing his only son seems to be a misplaced faith.
On the surface it might seem as stated ^ above ^ but upon reflection the account shows just how great the confidence Abraham had in the Resurrection promise - Genesis 22:5
" I (Abraham) and the lad (Isaac) .... and come again to you "
Come again or come back to life again.
Since God would Not let them go through with the sacrifice request shows it was a test, a testing about how real the resurrection promise was to them.
That resurrection hope is still future as per Hebrews 11:13; Hebrews 11:17-19; Hebrews 11:39; Acts of the Apostles 24:15.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
On the surface it might seem as stated ^ above ^ but upon reflection the account shows just how great the confidence Abraham had in the Resurrection promise - Genesis 22:5
" I (Abraham) and the lad (Isaac) .... and come again to you "
Come again or come back to life again.
Since God would Not let them go through with the sacrifice request shows it was a test, a testing about how real the resurrection promise was to them.
That resurrection hope is still future as per Hebrews 11:13; Hebrews 11:17-19; Hebrews 11:39; Acts of the Apostles 24:15.

So basically without God we are dead already?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So basically without God we are dead already?
Mankind is Not without God because God is just a prayer away.
It is man's choice if he wants to be without God.
in Scripture we read about people who turned their backs, so to speak, on God and that is one's own choice.

God's main attributes or qualities are: love, justice, wisdom and mercy and are available to everyone.
This is why ' ALL Scripture is inspired by God ' for us - 2 Timothy 3:16-17.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I would say one of the most fatal contradictions is that of Pauline Christianity itself.

The earlier gospels explicitly warned not to believe in any Christ prior to his second coming.

The fact that Paul supposedly met Christ on the road to Damascus would contradict that earlier warning, effectively making the Christ that Paul encountered, a false Christ.

Just a couple of things I'd like to mention about these points....

1) Paul was a "chosen vessel", not as one of the 12, but chosen to take Christ's message to the Gentiles, (as well as the Jews)....many of the Greeks were well educated and heavily into philosophy. None of the 12 had the educational background for that assignment. Paul as a former Pharisee was well educated and certainly up to that task. (Acts 17:22-33)

2) He was accepted by the other apostles as their "brother", who were informed directly by God's spirit when something was amiss. Acts 5:1-11 is the account of a couple trying to big note themselves by saying they gave all the proceeds of a sale to the apostles for the benefit of the poor, but secretly held back some of the money for themselves.....the apostle Peter was informed by God of their dishonesty and God put both of them to death.

Why would God not expose Paul, if he was a phony?

3) The Christ who met Saul on the road to Damascus was not a man, but manifested as a voice and a bright light that blinded Saul. He was given instructions and we saw his response to them. He did exactly as he was told and his sight was restored. He did not gain his teachings from the other apostles, but was taught directly by Jesus as the others were, before he even met up with them. He had a special assignment and he bore the brunt of Jewish hatred for his seeming apostasy. He endured much opposition for his defection from that corrupt religious system.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
That officially makes the Kjv 1611 an erroneous Bible.
Do a search.....for example, find out how many different words the authors used for the one Hebrew word, “Sheol”. They just weren’t consistent. (Same for the Greek “Hades”)

It does make it confusing! And sometimes when you do that, it’ll become evident how their translation was stinted to favor their beliefs! Sad.

(Any translation)

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Context Not contradiction.
I wonder how you get out of John 8:58 that Jesus is saying he is God__________
Sure before Abraham he was because pre-human Jesus was the beginning of the creation by God according to John at Revelation 3:14 B.
Hosea 13:16 is about the magnitude of prophecy coming true on October 1, 539 B.C. - Isaiah 13:16; Nahum 3:10; Psalms 137:9.
Meaning the result was that the family line, the family name was wiped out.
Seems as if you have posted another's thoughts, and you have Not done your own research and study of the Bible___________

Why Not take one point at a time to discuss ___________
It’s called a “Gish”, designed to overwhelm the opposing debater. It’s an indication that the OP doesn’t really want to debate.... or want an answer, for that matter.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Do a search.....for example, find out how many different words the authors used for the one Hebrew word, “Sheol”. They just weren’t consistent. (Same for the Greek “Hades”)

It does make it confusing! And sometimes when you do that, it’ll become evident how their translation was stinted to favor their beliefs! Sad.

(Any translation)
And it is very sad to have to go through too. How about the ESV, or NIV? Are those any better?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And it is very sad to have to go through too. How about the ESV, or NIV? Are those any better?
I find ALL Scripture can be compared with the ancient manuscripts.
After all, the Scriptures were Not originally written in English.
So, for example when we read the English word hell fire we can see that comes from the word Gehenna.
So, we need to know what on earth is Gehenna ____________
In Scripture, Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed forever.
So, Gehenna is a fitting word for: destruction, and Not burning in pain for the dead.
So, to me it is No wonder that Psalms 92:7 says the wicked will be: destroyed forever.
2 Peter 3:9 gives us the choice to ' repent ' if we don't want to ' perish ' ( perish, of course, meaning be destroyed )

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
You should be commended for your interest!
They all betray some inconsistencies.
I am not going to promote the NWT simply because I’d be accused of bias. But I have found an online translation, I encourage you to check it out: www.2001translation.com. It’s somewhat interactive (has links), which you might really like.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
With God we are dead already.

We told ourselves that we died and had reincarnated...so it is like we are living the other half of our life that science had removed from us all, not allowing that life to live for radiation UFO mass abducted it from us.

If you prophecize for self....when a baby is born it is just a baby.
That baby is told you only have 100 years to live and then you die.....you are born in the presence of God

How is that review not relative to being notified in life as a conscious self awareness....you are not living for 100 years, you survive living for 100 years for you are already deceased....just reincarnated to advise self that science destroyed life in the past…..actually.

In that form of notified mentality a human says I came back from the past and I travelled to the future and the human living today claims and I can travel into the past....yet you never went anywhere.

In radiation aware communicated conditions, if UFO cold mass is being removed/heated in space then science is telling science we are travelling by science causes back into the past of a hot dense space cell...as a warning to self.