• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Too good looking

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
What about you, fellow man? Are you too good looking for your own good too?

Yes ... but not according to me, mostly by other gay men. I don't think I'm all that good looking, by usual standards but other gay men, especially who are into bears (I'm a small bear but not quite a cub) seem to think so. :shrug: I've gotten hit on by a fair number of women too. I tell them they're not only barking up the wrong tree they're in the wrong forest (I'm such an ******* :D).

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
One can be in a relationship and still be celibate. I think they call that sort of relationship “marriage.”

Yep. Ever see the meme with the wife vacuuming? She says to her husband "Honey, this doesn't suck anymore". He says "Maybe it got married".

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have difficulty distinguishing faces in general. Humans pretty much all look the same to me outside of height, weight, and skin tone.

You probably already know that there is a name for that - prosopagnosia. I knew somebody with that condition who told me that she had trouble following movies because she couldn't recognize characters when they reappeared in the film.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I'm a great believer in distinguishing between static and dynamic beauty - and appreciating both. Some people look good in photographs or when still, while others, although nothing apparently special to look at when still, seem to light up when they smile, or in their facial expressions, or the way they move. Beauty can take different forms. And then there is the whole question of sexiness. This is not, in my experience, the same thing as beauty.
certainly "sexiness" and "beauty" are not the same. But I still believe that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. And, yes, a smile can make a difference.

We Never Know

No Slack
I am too good looking for my own good. I wish I was uglier.

I have a gift. I can instantly tell when someone wants me. Which is very annoying because im in a committed relationship, hence the problem. And people don’t care if you are in a relationship, they will tempt you nonetheless.

I tried making myself look uglier by no longer combing my hair and letting my beard get all patchy, but a gay guy at work told me it’s not working ;-;

I know this is posted on mens issues, but I’m sure a lot of women can relate.

Ella S.

Dispassionate Goth
You probably already know that there is a name for that - prosopagnosia. I knew somebody with that condition who told me that she had trouble following movies because she couldn't recognize characters when they reappeared in the film.

I'm not quite that bad. It's strangers that mostly look the same to me. I can consciously familiarize myself with faces that I see regularly enough, although I would have a hard time describing or picturing any of them when I'm not looking at them.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I'm not quite that bad. It's strangers that mostly look the same to me. I can consciously familiarize myself with faces that I see regularly enough, although I would have a hard time describing or picturing any of them when I'm not looking at them.
You autistic right? If I recall correctly you said that unless im thinking of someone else. Poor facial recognition comes often with autism

Ella S.

Dispassionate Goth
You autistic right? If I recall correctly you said that unless im thinking of someone else. Poor facial recognition comes often with autism

I sure am. I've heard this before. You're autistic, too, right? I think you mentioned that elsewhere. Do you struggle with this at all?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

I have a gift. I can instantly tell when someone wants me. Which is very annoying because im in a committed relationship, hence the problem. And people don’t care if you are in a relationship, they will tempt you nonetheless.

I tried making myself look uglier by no longer combing my hair and letting my beard get all patchy, but a gay guy at work told me it’s not working ;-;

Some people like my physical characteristics, others don't. I practice good hygiene and exercise and eat well, but balance that with enjoying my human ability to supernormally stimulate pleasure. I am what I am (becoming) and I will have to accept that in the end I will be everything that is ugly and beautiful and the in-betweens.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I sure am. I've heard this before. You're autistic, too, right? I think you mentioned that elsewhere. Do you struggle with this at all?
Yep im autistic. And yes I struggle with this. Once after not seeing my own grandma for a long time who I had lived with prior to not seeing her I did not recognize her. Her face however I was able to somewhat recognize after living with her again. Once my grandma took me to a nursing home and told me to tell the roommate to her mother happy birthday. The roommate wasn't in the room and I was told she was in the lunchroom. I could not find her because i did not recognize her. My grandma was so disappointed in me and got an attitude once I asked for her assistance.

Edit: I also once spoke with someone and then a few minutes later spoke to the same person about the same topic cuz i didn't recognize them as the person i spoke to earlier.

Last edited:

Ella S.

Dispassionate Goth
Yep im autistic. And yes I struggle with this. Once after not seeing my own grandma for a long time who I had lived with prior to not seeing her I did not recognize her. Her face however I was able to somewhat recognize after living with her again. Once my grandma took me to a nursing home and told me to tell the roommate to her mother happy birthday. The roommate wasn't in the room and I was told she was in the lunchroom. I could not find her because i did not recognize her. My grandma was so disappointed in me and got an attitude once I asked for her assistance.

Edit: I also once spoke with someone and then a few minutes later spoke to the same person about the same topic cuz i didn't recognize them as the person i spoke to earlier.

I have similar stories. Luckily, I've learned how to explain to people that it's nothing personal and I'm just bad with faces. It doesn't prevent everyone from taking offense, but the people who do are generally not worth the time trying to please, anyway.

Yerda

Veteran Member

You poor soul. I recommend a big stick for fighting all them women off.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
I'm a great believer in distinguishing between static and dynamic beauty - and appreciating both. Some people look good in photographs or when still, while others, although nothing apparently special to look at when still, seem to light up when they smile, or in their facial expressions, or the way they move. Beauty can take different forms. And then there is the whole question of sexiness. This is not, in my experience, the same thing as beauty.

I would agree with that, regarding the attractiveness of men as well as women.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Stonetree

Model Member
Premium Member
As usual, well said....