• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony Hawk 1 + 2 remaster

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
IMO there are far too many ps3 games ported to ps4 for then to play that card. And PS classics instead of backwards compatibility doesn't help their case either.
That's my biggest beef with it all. I have all these games I invested in when I was a young adult and I still have them but I can't play them unless I have an original console and if something happens to it and breaks I may not be able to get it fixed.

There's a couple retro consoles that came out that you can actually play your old games on them, but a lot of them now are sealed boxes of crap where it has a preloaded selection and you can't even use your existing library because it has no ports.

I was fortunate enough however to get my hands on a couple of emulators for my cartridge-based games, but not for my disk games.

Twilight Hue

Let me guess, it was Tom DeLonge she had a crush on. I never heard of someone saying they had a crush on Mark Hoppus. I still have a big crush on Tom (over 20 years now) and my mom had a liking for him, too.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c9/23/eb/c923eb50193c9dd73349b62fa135f5e2.jpg

Keep in mind that those punk bands on those soundtracks were mostly pop punk bands and wouldn't exist without the "pop ****". I love pop music, too. I was wearing a Lady Gaga shirt today. Blame the Ramones. They were pretty much the first "true" punk band but had a huge pop influence in their music.

I'm attaching a pic of my skateboard. (Yes, that is my bed.) That deck was featured in the first Tony Hawk game and now goes for around $600 online for just the deck alone. I got it for my Birthday when I was 12 from a local skate shop that is now long closed. It was not $600 at the time. Lol.
I still remember how much fun it was when I skateboarded when I was a teen. it might have looked a bit silly for some people but actually I passed a 50 year old man skateboarding on the street and I secretly said to myself, I'm with you bro! *Grin*

Sundance

Premium Member
@Nowhere Man was shooting for my target with SSX. I HOPE they bring back SSX On Tour!! Soundtrack, gameplay, the cartoonish art design....my dudes.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Let me guess, it was Tom DeLonge she had a crush on. I never heard of someone saying they had a crush on Mark Hoppus. I still have a big crush on Tom (over 20 years now) and my mom had a liking for him, too.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c9/23/eb/c923eb50193c9dd73349b62fa135f5e2.jpg

Keep in mind that those punk bands on those soundtracks were mostly pop punk bands and wouldn't exist without the "pop ****". I love pop music, too. I was wearing a Lady Gaga shirt today. Blame the Ramones. They were pretty much the first "true" punk band but had a huge pop influence in their music.

I'm attaching a pic of my skateboard. (Yes, that is my bed.) That deck was featured in the first Tony Hawk game and now goes for around $600 online for just the deck alone. I got it for my Birthday when I was 12 from a local skate shop that is now long closed. It was not $600 at the time. Lol.
Yeah it was Tom! Haha. My punk crush was Billie Joel lol

Oh I’m not in any way dissing pop, pop punk or indeed emo err punk music. I’m talking about high school judgments and biases lol

Ahh man, I don’t think I have any band T-shirts’. All the merch I had (have??) is all posters from teen alt music magazines teenage me spent my hard earned pocket money on lol
Oh man, those were the days.
Although I do have a torn pink tank top with the writing proclaiming I’m a punk princess and proud lol

Ahh sick board, man.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
There's a couple retro consoles that came out that you can actually play your old games on them, but a lot of them now are sealed boxes of crap where it has a preloaded selection and you can't even use your existing library because it has no ports.
The mini/classic consoles (but only certain models of the Genesis) you can add games to with an easy mod.
And then there is the Retron 5, which will play NES, SNES, Genesis, MasterDrive, GB/GBA (the actual game cartridges of these sytems) and it has slots for original controllers.

Twilight Hue

The mini/classic consoles (but only certain models of the Genesis) you can add games to with an easy mod.
And then there is the Retron 5, which will play NES, SNES, Genesis, MasterDrive, GB/GBA (the actual game cartridges of these sytems) and it has slots for original controllers.
That's what I have, I have the retron console and there was one also for my Genesis game collection.

A little tidbit of information if you're an Xbox fan. The old Xbox code was recently leaked and it's the hopes that Microsoft will pave the way for retro consoles to be made for PC and also perhaps even a game system to play your old disks on.

While I appreciate it I'm also incensed after noting the limitations of backward compatibility of putting in your old games.

Even worse now Microsoft says they aren't even doing that anymore. It feels like you were givin a carrot, allowed to take a few bites, and then it was yanked away.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Microsoft will pave the way for retro consoles to be made for PC and also perhaps even a game system to play your old disks on.
Giving the lisencing issues alone (long before we get to the heart of the issue of gaming companies being lazy and greedy), I suspect Stream is the closest we'll get to that.
A big reason I say this is consoles like the PS3/4 do have the ability of backeards compatibility, but not out of the box amd you have to modify the firmware. The fact that it is there and they program the sytem to not, I see them continuing to carry on with porting everything to newer consoles and force people to buy their games again if they want to easily play them on newer systems.
Nintendo also not releasing a "N64 classic" makes me think such a retro thing wont happen. Retron, classic mini consoles, and modded consoles and emulators will likely be our best retro gaming options for the foreseeable future.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Finally!! Someone who agrees with me! Lol
Ill admit, I thought the new Jungle Book was amazing. It took what I loved about the original and, mostly, made it better (especially the fusion of robot puppets and cgi animation to produce some astonishing animation and character appearance). I loved it.
But Beauty and the Beast, it was almost great. Except the Beast did not really sound very beastly when he talked so that ruined that one. Aladdin was meh. Lion King sucked. And they're still doing. Lady and the Tramp caught my attention, so did Mulan, and I'd probably be excited at first sight of an aristocats movie. But they've only done one good one so far IMO, and I have my doubts at this point it's nothijg more than a lazy money grab fest.
And what was with Jungle Book being quite different from the cartoon, but the ones after that are nearly shot for shot remakes.
Really, this age of, lets call it what it is its kot reboots and remakes, it's the age of sloppy and lazy creativity where if it feels you've seen a movie a hundred times already it's not because of similar plot elements and characters, it because you have seen it before.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Ill admit, I thought the new Jungle Book was amazing. It took what I loved about the original and, mostly, made it better (especially the fusion of robot puppets and cgi animation to produce some astonishing animation and character appearance). I loved it.
But Beauty and the Beast, it was almost great. Except the Beast did not really sound very beastly when he talked so that ruined that one. Aladdin was meh. Lion King sucked. And they're still doing. Lady and the Tramp caught my attention, so did Mulan, and I'd probably be excited at first sight of an aristocats movie. But they've only done one good one so far IMO, and I have my doubts at this point it's nothijg more than a lazy money grab fest.
And what was with Jungle Book being quite different from the cartoon, but the ones after that are nearly shot for shot remakes.
Really, this age of, lets call it what it is its kot reboots and remakes, it's the age of sloppy and lazy creativity where if it feels you've seen a movie a hundred times already it's not because of similar plot elements and characters, it because you have seen it before.
Mulan is the only one that I’m actually looking forward to.
Beauty and the Beast looked creepy to me. Jungle Book looked pretty good but I didn’t watch it. Similar to Dumbo. The lion king entered uncanny valley for me lol
Lady and the Tramp was one the very first Disney films I saw as a kid, I had the vhs. It had behind the scenes featurettes and in them the animators literally say in interviews, they studied real life dogs for their process but they were too “real” for it to work as an animated movie. Meaning Lady couldn’t be as elegant as they depicted her if they just allowed the dogs to eat, which would have make the famous spaghetti scene useless.

And I think that’s where I’m not really jiving with a lot of the live action remakes. A lot of them are based on movies with anthropomorphised animals, so when that’s done realistically it often falls into uncanny valley territory. Or they’re based on movies with stylised renditions of animals and unless the CGI follows suit, the more realistic renditions looks stiff and clunky in comparison.
The only one that seems to not have much issue is the old 101 Dalmatians movie. And that’s because the original didn’t so much stylise the animals as it largely focused on rotoscoping techniques, so not a lot was lost in translation. Plus Glen Close is freaking hilarious in that movie lol. Used to scare me as a kid
I skipped Aladdin so I can’t say either way.

Mulan I’m intrigued by because it’s supposed to be closer to the original folktale. I know some are upset there’s no Mushu or whatever, but the original was based on people more than animals. So it could make for a better transition to live action, imo. And Mulan was one of my favourite movies as a kid lol

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Lady and the Tramp was one the very first Disney films I saw as a kid, I had the vhs.
I had a vinyl record read along book of it. Amd the VHS. Neither survived the heavy usage my childhood subjected them to, lol. (Basically, if it was people those tapes my mom still has. The ones about animals, on the other hand, suffered extreme disproportionate viewing, lmao)

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I had a vinyl record read along book of it. Amd the VHS. Neither survived the heavy usage my childhood subjected them to, lol. (Basically, if it was people those tapes my mom still has. The ones about animals, on the other hand, suffered extreme disproportionate viewing, lmao)
Haha. Min didn’t survive either lol
I’m pretty sure I had the little golden book of Lady and the Tramp. Can’t remember though. I did have the one of Disney’s The Three Little Pigs and Dumbo though. That I can remember.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Haha. Min didn’t survive either lol
I’m pretty sure I had the little golden book of Lady and the Tramp. Can’t remember though. I did have the one of Disney’s The Three Little Pigs and Dumbo though. That I can remember.
I forgot about those Golden book thingies. I don't think I had any, or many if them myself, but my grandma kept a bunch of them for her grandkids.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I forgot about those Golden book thingies. I don't think I had any, or many if them myself, but my grandma kept a bunch of them for her grandkids.
I had a few of them as a kid. The Saggy Baggy Elephant and the Pokey Puppy I remember.
I think there was also one based on Sesame Street.