• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony Hawk 1 + 2 remaster

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
In today’s age of remastering ps1 and 2 classics for 90s kids to get nostalgic over when playing their PS4/Xbox1s, next up is the first two Tony Hawk pro skater games.
(I’m somewhat hopeful for a Dave Mira BMX remake after this, should this prove successful. I love the Tony Hawk franchise but that game was my childhood)
Handled by Vicarious Visions, who are responsible for the quite frankly excellent Crash Bandicoot remakes, I’m cautiously optimistic.

So what are your thoughts?
Are you excited? Bored by the constant updated games?
Any underrated gems that should be getting a remake? I mean Medievil got its own and it’s more of a cult favourite than a AAA.

I think the release date is scheduled for 5th of September, which may or may not change due to the current Covid19 pandemic. But the devs seem steadfast with their initial release date.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Bored by the constant updated games?
Yes. I thought it was fun back on the ps1 when they redid Final Fantasy 1 though 6. It also made since then, becaus even if you got to play 1 on NES the cartridge didn't like to work, and the rest rare or unreleased in America.
Now it's just a desperate and lazy money grab with game developers too lazy to even change sprites and names of an already existing game (the birth of the US Super Mario 2).

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm really stoked about this. Those games were a huge part of my childhood, and the trailer looks amazing. I'd love a Dave Mirra remake, too. RIP.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Yes. I thought it was fun back on the ps1 when they redid Final Fantasy 1 though 6. It also made since then, becaus even if you got to play 1 on NES the cartridge didn't like to work, and the rest rare or unreleased in America.
Now it's just a desperate and lazy money grab with game developers too lazy to even change sprites and names of an already existing game (the birth of the US Super Mario 2).
I see that.
I suppose remakes are inevitable in all mediums. But the amount of work that goes into a game development cycle, even if it’s just a graphic upheaval, seems a rather steeper hill to climb than simply writing another screenplay of a random public domain classic book.
(That said I will still watch the latest Little Women lol.)

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm really stoked about this. Those games were a huge part of my childhood, and the trailer looks amazing. I'd love a Dave Mirra remake, too. RIP.
Oh man, I still remember my friends and I felt like such utter rebels whenever we played them with the soundtrack at full volume lol
I also remember feeling oh so accomplished when I completed all the Dave Mirra challenges haha.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Are you referring to the current state of the Hawk franchise?
I have yet to play 5 based on word of mouth. I only know it through the memes

Oops, I can see how what I said can be read. Let me rephrase that:

"I, for one, am glad they updated these games. Great games."

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Oops, I can see how what I said can be read. Let me rephrase that:

"I, for one, am glad they updated these games. Great games."
Oh I see. Yeah I was itching to play a skate game the other day and when I couldn’t find them on the PS Store I assumed it was a regional lock (as usual.) Only to find out its going to be a remake later this year. Very stoked

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Oh man, I still remember my friends and I felt like such utter rebels whenever we played them with the soundtrack at full volume lol
I also remember feeling oh so accomplished when I completed all the Dave Mirra challenges haha.
The Tony Hawk games helped me get into punk rock. My neighborhood friend and I at the time were really into Blink-182 in the late '90s. We would take turns selecting the tracks for the game. The Dave Mirra game had an excellent soundtrack, too. I recall all the extreme sports games that came out in the late '90s and early '00s had great punk soundtracks. I first heard AFI and Bad Religion through them, too, who are two of my very favorite bands.

Of course, we were heavily into skateboarding. I still have my Birdhouse board. My deck was actually featured in the first game.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Oh I see. Yeah I was itching to play a skate game the other day and when I couldn’t find them on the PS Store I assumed it was a regional lock (as usual.) Only to find out its going to be a remake later this year. Very stoked
There's always Skate 3 to tide you over. Lol.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
There's always Skate 3 to tide you over. Lol.
Hmm perhaps. I’ll see if I can find it. I just had to reinstall Red Dead 2. So I’m playing that to justify my inevitable super inflated power bill that will be this month lol.
If it’s available, I’ll look into Skate 3 though. Sometimes games seem randomly locked in PAL regions. Not sure how much good that does in the age of the internet but whatever game devs lol

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
The Tony Hawk games helped me get into punk rock. My neighborhood friend and I at the time were really into Blink-182 in the late '90s. We would take turns selecting the tracks for the game. The Dave Mirra game had an excellent soundtrack, too. I recall all the extreme sports games that came out in the late '90s and early '00s had great punk soundtracks. I first heard AFI and Bad Religion through them, too, who are two of my very favorite bands.

Of course, we were heavily into skateboarding. I still have my Birdhouse board. My deck was actually featured in the first game.
Omg the Dave Mirra soundtrack. That was so epic! That and Tony Hawk were like the soundtracks to my childhood. My cousin had a huge crush on one of singers to Blink, can’t remember which one. But between her, these games and my other cousin who introduced me to Emo punk to “open my eyes to the flaws of pop ****” I was pretty entrenched with the 2000s alternative scene lol

I could never master the board but I used to hand out with the local skate punks because they always seemed so chill.
(Though looking back maybe that’s because they may have been stoners haha.)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
In today’s age of remastering ps1 and 2 classics for 90s kids to get nostalgic over when playing their PS4/Xbox1s, next up is the first two Tony Hawk pro skater games.
(I’m somewhat hopeful for a Dave Mira BMX remake after this, should this prove successful. I love the Tony Hawk franchise but that game was my childhood)
Handled by Vicarious Visions, who are responsible for the quite frankly excellent Crash Bandicoot remakes, I’m cautiously optimistic.

So what are your thoughts?
Are you excited? Bored by the constant updated games?
Any underrated gems that should be getting a remake? I mean Medievil got its own and it’s more of a cult favourite than a AAA.

I think the release date is scheduled for 5th of September, which may or may not change due to the current Covid19 pandemic. But the devs seem steadfast with their initial release date.
I'm so tired of the Arma debate that it can't be played on consoles.

It didn't come in with a whole lot of fanfare but Operation Flashpoint Elite did in fact come out on the original Xbox. It was created by Bohemia Interactive and Published by Codemasters prior to their little tiff and split up there.

I would love to see a remaster of that classic game cuz I have an Xbox copy of Operation Flashpoint Elite that includes all DLC and a complete editor. To see that game all cleaned up and ready to go in fact would give game console fans a true milsim to play with and settle the stupid argument that mil-sim games cannot be played on consoles.

I doubt it would ever come true because Codemasters and Bohemia interactive hate each others guts, which is really sad because consoles simply does not have a true mil-sim. Including the subsequent Operation Flashpoints they published later after the split which was inexplicably headed and made by the extremely incompetent creative director Sion Lenton which still leaves my head scratching to this day why in hell they put him in charge. Part of the settlement after the split was Code Masters could keep the operation Flashpoint game and Bohemia could keep its code which would later go on to become the famous Arma series. Unfortunately Bohemia interactive denied console users any hope of seeing one of their milsims on consoles like Playstation or Xbox. So once again fans of the milsim get screwed out of enjoying such games.

I was involved in the forum fiasco at the time when cold/con Masters was banning legitimate questions left and right and removing commentary that did not praise the pieces of garbage called operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising and Red River which ironically was closer to the original Ghost Recons than Operation Flashpoint.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Another game I would like to see remastered was SSX tricky that came out on the Xbox. The awesome soundtrack and excellently made slopes were a blast with beautiful colors, a persistent and fun AI , and an excellent soundtrack. I usually don't like games like that, but the SSX tricky series was an unusual and very pleasant exception for me.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Omg the Dave Mirra soundtrack. That was so epic! That and Tony Hawk were like the soundtracks to my childhood. My cousin had a huge crush on one of singers to Blink, can’t remember which one. But between her, these games and my other cousin who introduced me to Emo punk to “open my eyes to the flaws of pop ****” I was pretty entrenched with the 2000s alternative scene lol

I could never master the board but I used to hand out with the local skate punks because they always seemed so chill.
(Though looking back maybe that’s because they may have been stoners haha.)
Let me guess, it was Tom DeLonge she had a crush on. I never heard of someone saying they had a crush on Mark Hoppus. I still have a big crush on Tom (over 20 years now) and my mom had a liking for him, too.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c9/23/eb/c923eb50193c9dd73349b62fa135f5e2.jpg

Keep in mind that those punk bands on those soundtracks were mostly pop punk bands and wouldn't exist without the "pop ****". I love pop music, too. I was wearing a Lady Gaga shirt today. Blame the Ramones. They were pretty much the first "true" punk band but had a huge pop influence in their music.

I'm attaching a pic of my skateboard. (Yes, that is my bed.) That deck was featured in the first Tony Hawk game and now goes for around $600 online for just the deck alone. I got it for my Birthday when I was 12 from a local skate shop that is now long closed. It was not $600 at the time. Lol.

Attachments

• 20200527_232657.jpg
    20200527_232657.jpg
    770.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
IMO there are far too many ps3 games ported to ps4 for then to play that card. And PS classics instead of backwards compatibility doesn't help their case either.
True but how many “remakes” of Disney are floating out there. Heck there’s like several reboots of various movie franchises. People will clamour for shiny paint jobs, no matter the medium. :shrug:
Hell I wouldn’t put it past Rockstar to try for a rerelease of Red Dead 1 and 2 for the upcoming PS5 lmao