• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tommy Robinson Freed!

Notanumber

A Free Man
Only court procedure is not fake news. So your new straw man just does not work
Magistrates court is the lowest court in the land, it is a basic tenet of british law that defendant is offered the opportunity to be tried in a higher court. If NAN does not know this it is very easy to check on Google. The problem is that he refuses to know because it pops his yaxley lennon is god bubble

If Tommy had been afforded the opportunity of trial by jury, he would not have entered a guilty plea. Instead, he was faced with a fuming judge with a grudge.

Robin Tilbrook: #FreeTommy; The Judge; The Law; Journalists; Islamist Grooming Gangs

At the time all we heard was that within two hours of his arrest he had been sentenced to 13 months imprisonment and taken off to Hull Prison.

The other point to bear in mind is of course that the Judge that decided to sentence Tommy Robinson for an additional 10 months over and above the 3 months that were triggered by his pleading guilty, is His Honour Judge Geoffrey Marson QC who was one of the first products of the change to the judicial appointments under Tony Blair whereby a Judicial Appointments Commission was set up with rules, which Tony Blair’s friend, Lord Irvine, said would ensure that “nobody with reactionary views” could be appointed or promoted within the judiciary.

Judge Marson was appointed by Tony Blair’s personal friend and former flatmate, Charlie Faulkner, who, as Lord Chancellor presided over the dismantlement of the ancient and traditional English office of Lord Chancellor. Faulkner replaced it with the EUish institution of a “Ministry of Justice” which has since presided over the virtual implosion of the English Court system. Judge Marson is I suspect a typical example of such appointment as his own old chambers proudly boasts of being multi-culturalist, Park Square Barristers of 6 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2LW say that they are “Progressive - … we have a strong balance of women and BME members.”

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If Tommy had been afforded the opportunity of trial by jury, he would not have entered a guilty plea. Instead, he was faced with a fuming judge with a grudge.

Robin Tilbrook: #FreeTommy; The Judge; The Law; Journalists; Islamist Grooming Gangs

At the time all we heard was that within two hours of his arrest he had been sentenced to 13 months imprisonment and taken off to Hull Prison.

The other point to bear in mind is of course that the Judge that decided to sentence Tommy Robinson for an additional 10 months over and above the 3 months that were triggered by his pleading guilty, is His Honour Judge Geoffrey Marson QC who was one of the first products of the change to the judicial appointments under Tony Blair whereby a Judicial Appointments Commission was set up with rules, which Tony Blair’s friend, Lord Irvine, said would ensure that “nobody with reactionary views” could be appointed or promoted within the judiciary.

Judge Marson was appointed by Tony Blair’s personal friend and former flatmate, Charlie Faulkner, who, as Lord Chancellor presided over the dismantlement of the ancient and traditional English office of Lord Chancellor. Faulkner replaced it with the EUish institution of a “Ministry of Justice” which has since presided over the virtual implosion of the English Court system. Judge Marson is I suspect a typical example of such appointment as his own old chambers proudly boasts of being multi-culturalist, Park Square Barristers of 6 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2LW say that they are “Progressive - … we have a strong balance of women and BME members.”

Yaxley lenon, his legal team and the magistrates are aware of court rules, had he not been offered the choice his legal team would have screamed mistrial from the highest point in the land. Did that happen?

Oh and i don't really care about deliberate bias, fake news and straw men

Notanumber

A Free Man
Yaxley lenon, his legal team and the magistrates are aware of court rules, had he not been offered the choice his legal team would have screamed mistrial from the highest point in the land. Did that happen?

Oh and i don't really care about deliberate bias, fake news and straw men

You don’t care about the truth. That is for sure.

Where are these fictitious magistrates that you keep trying to bring into the conversation?

ChristineM

Premium Member
You don’t care about the truth. That is for sure.

Where are these fictitious magistrates that you keep trying to bring into the conversation?

The truth is that a court gives the option to be tried by jury. Yaxley lennon can only have opted for the easy way out, because he know he was already on suspended sentence for the same crime. Judge going on the verdict of a jury has the power to deliver a harsher sentence than for the same crime. YL will have known this, advised by his legal team.

So it doesnt really matter that the facts pop your bubble, the truth is your hero took the easy way out because he was to cowardly to take it to the top.

ChristineM

Premium Member
You don’t care about the truth. That is for sure

Oh, you want truth?

The truth is YL is a serial offender with several criminal charges on his rap sheet and has previously served time in jail. At the time of his arrest for contempt of court he was already on suspended sentence for the same offence.

If it were anyone else but your god object you would have no compunction in rejoicing their imprisonment.

The hypocrisy that people are willing to brand themselves with in hero worship of his name is nothing less than pathetic

You claim i dont car about the truth when what you mean is i dont care for your misplaced hero worship and your contempt for the law

Last edited:

Notanumber

A Free Man
The truth is that a court gives the option to be tried by jury. Yaxley lennon can only have opted for the easy way out, because he know he was already on suspended sentence for the same crime. Judge going on the verdict of a jury has the power to deliver a harsher sentence than for the same crime. YL will have known this, advised by his legal team.

So it doesnt really matter that the facts pop your bubble, the truth is your hero took the easy way out because he was to cowardly to take it to the top.
Oh, you want truth?

The truth is YL is a serial offender with several criminal charges on his rap sheet and has previously served time in jail. At the time of his arrest for contempt of court he was already on suspended sentence for the same offence.

If it were anyone else but your god object you would have no compunction in rejoicing their imprisonment.

The hypocrisy that people are willing to brand themselves with in hero worship of his name is nothing less than pathetic

You claim i dont car about the truth when what you mean is i dont care for your misplaced hero worship and your contempt for the law

Tommy is no coward and only the deluded would say that he is.

You refer to his rap sheet so how many times has he been sent down and how many of those have involved a jury.

Was it a magistrate’s court that sent him down on the last occasion?

If it was, please provide your evidence or retract your wild allegation.

ChristineM

Premium Member

You refer to his rap sheet so how many times has he been sent down and how many of those have involved a jury.

Was it a magistrate’s court that sent him down on the last occasion?

If it was, please provide your evidence or retract your wild allegation.

So why did he not chose trial by jury, you are all het up that he would have got a better deal. Me, i dont think so, neither did he think so.

It was a court and a court gives the option of trial by jury. Why donyou deny british law?

ChristineM

Premium Member
For @Notanumber

Trial without a jury
Crown Court trial without a jury is permitted in cases of suspected jury tampering where there is evidence of a "real and present danger" and, despite the possibility of police protection, there is a substantial likelihood of tampering, and a trial without a jury is in the interests of justice.[7] The first such prosecution application was made in February 2008.[8] The first criminal trial in a crown court without a jury was approved in 2009.[9]

There are also provisions under the Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims Act 2004, ss.17–20 to try defendants accused of domestic violence on sample counts and, on conviction, for the remainder of the counts to be tried by a judge alone. These provisions came into force on 8 January 2007.[10]
Juries in England and Wales - Wikipedia

You would also do well to take a look at the references

And
Jury trial - Wikipedia

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
He was released after serving nine weeks after a court imposed a nine-month jail term following the incident outside Leeds Crown Court.

Letting him go after 9 weeks, while they could have kept him for 9 month, tells me that:
1) They like him very much (court, judges etc), so they give him 25% of the time
2) They know that Tommy was right about the rapes, and keeping him longer in jail, might not be too good for themselves
(I do remember that there were quite a few policemen, judges, mares involved in the rapes, that Tommy brought to their attention)
(Tommy is just too hot for them to handle, they better be very wise, and keep Tommy a bit friendly, else a lot of dirt might surface ... like with the Catholic Church)

I do not understand, that people do not see the bigger picture here. This rape scandal involves quite a few politicians as well, I read. But I do believe in Karma, 1 day it all will be straightened out, like with the Catholic Church and Hollywood sex scandals.

The crime for which they put Tommy in jail is 0.0001% compared to the crimes Tommy was showing the judges done to the poor girls being raped.

When do people open their eyes to real facts. When someone is trying to nuke you, do you still worry about a child with a toy pistol?

Notanumber

A Free Man
So why did he not chose trial by jury, you are all het up that he would have got a better deal. Me, i dont think so, neither did he think so.

It was a court and a court gives the option of trial by jury. Why donyou deny british law?
For @Notanumber

Trial without a jury
Crown Court trial without a jury is permitted in cases of suspected jury tampering where there is evidence of a "real and present danger" and, despite the possibility of police protection, there is a substantial likelihood of tampering, and a trial without a jury is in the interests of justice.[7] The first such prosecution application was made in February 2008.[8] The first criminal trial in a crown court without a jury was approved in 2009.[9]

There are also provisions under the Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims Act 2004, ss.17–20 to try defendants accused of domestic violence on sample counts and, on conviction, for the remainder of the counts to be tried by a judge alone. These provisions came into force on 8 January 2007.[10]
Juries in England and Wales - Wikipedia

You would also do well to take a look at the references

And
Jury trial - Wikipedia

It was a kangaroo court with a mission to destroy the whistleblower.

ChristineM

Premium Member
He was released after serving nine weeks after a court imposed a nine-month jail term following the incident outside Leeds Crown Court.

Letting him go after 9 weeks, while they could have kept him for 9 month, tells me that:
1) They like him very much (court, judges etc), so they give him 25% of the time
2) They know that Tommy was right about the rapes, and keeping him longer in jail, might not be too good for themselves
(I do remember that there were quite a few policemen, judges, mares involved in the rapes, that Tommy brought to their attention)
(Tommy is just too hot for them to handle, they better be very wise, and keep Tommy a bit friendly, else a lot of dirt might surface ... like with the Catholic Church)

I do not understand, that people do not see the bigger picture here. This rape scandal involves quite a few politicians as well, I read. But I do believe in Karma, 1 day it all will be straightened out, like with the Catholic Church and Hollywood sex scandals.

The crime for which they put Tommy in jail is 0.0001% compared to the crimes Tommy was showing the judges done to the poor girls being raped.

When do people open their eyes to real facts. When someone is trying to nuke you, do you still worry about a child with a toy pistol?

The real fact is that he, a convicted criminal broke the terms of his suspended sentence by repeating his crime and breaking a reporting ban that could have resulted in the multi million pound court case collapsing with the results of the rapists walking free.
When will his worshippers open their eyes to this fact?

ChristineM

Premium Member

He begged for donations to fill his pockets, he had no intention of appealing. None appeal was lodged or recorded

And nothing about appealing in that old propaganda item

Notanumber

A Free Man
The real fact is that he, a convicted criminal broke the terms of his suspended sentence by repeating his crime and breaking a reporting ban that could have resulted in the multi million pound court case collapsing with the results of the rapists walking free.
When will his worshippers open their eyes to this fact?
He begged for donations to fill his pockets, he had no intention of appealing. None appeal was lodged or recorded
And nothing about appealing in that old propaganda item

Once Robinson’s activity came to his attention, the judge at Leeds Crown Court commenced summary contempt proceedings of his own motion the same day. Having invoked the procedure, and Robinson having ‘admitted’ the contempt, he heard from Robinson’s counsel in mitigation and proceeded to sentence Robinson that afternoon to an immediate term of imprisonment of 13 months. This term comprised 10 months for the contempt at Leeds consecutive to the activated 3 month suspended sentence from Canterbury.

The appeal to the Court of Appeal was initially only in respect of sentence, but it became apparent that a number of procedural flaws existed in the way that the case had been dealt with at Leeds. During the appeal, criticisms were levelled by Robinson’s counsel at the process before the Canterbury court too. The Court of Appeal considered these to be without merit. Notably a criticism that Robinson had not been provided with a statement of the particulars of the alleged contempt prior to it being found was given short shrift in the light of an advice from his counsel (in respect of which privilege had been waived) from which it was apparent that a deliberate tactical decision had been made not to seek greater particularity. The Court of Appeal refused permission to appeal against the substantive decision and the sentence, save to amend what had been recorded as a suspended sentence of imprisonment to a suspended committal for contempt.

The chief complaint made in respect of the Leeds matter – that the judge had been too hasty in dealing with and concluding the proceedings – was considered to be well-founded. As the Court noted (per Lord Burnett CJ at para 60 of the judgment): “In contrast to the procedure followed in Canterbury, where the appellant had over a week to secure representation and to prepare his response to the allegations against him, the appellant at Leeds was commencing a term of imprisonment of thirteen months within five hours of the conduct complained of. Such haste gave rise to a real risk that procedural safeguards would be overlooked, the nature of the contempt alleged would remain inadequately scrutinised and that points of significant mitigation would be missed. Those risks materialised.”

Put simply, there was no particular need for the judge to do as he did. Robinson had offered to, and did, remove the offending material from the Facebook page. This removed the immediate risk to the fairness of the proceedings that were at that stage ongoing. Once that had been done, there was no pressing need for the contempt proceedings to continue immediately. A more appropriate course would have been to adjourn to permit the hearing to proceed on a better informed basis.

In swiftly embarking on the summary procedure, as opposed to inviting the Attorney General to take contempt proceedings, the judge had failed properly to particularise which aspects of Robinson’s ‘report’ breached the postponement order. Of greater concern was the consequence that, while Robinson had ‘admitted’ the contempt (and the Court of Appeal was in no doubt that some of the material did breach the postponement order) it was unclear what to what his purported admission related. Some of the more potentially inflammatory material may have constituted a free-standing contempt in its own right, but did not breach the relevant postponement order.

A further difficulty from the speed at which the proceedings were conducted was the absence of time for Robinson’s counsel to marshal mitigation and, in particular, to ensure that the Court had proper information concerning his family situation, something that could have been obtained through a pre-committal report. Had this been a criminal case, the Court would have been obliged, unless it thought it unnecessary, to obtain and consider a pre-sentence report. The Court of Appeal observed that “it would be unusual, to say the least, for a man with three young children to be sent to prison at a first hearing without some independent inquiry into his family’s circumstances”. The level of detail which could be provided to the court concerning the potential impact of a custodial term or its duration upon the appellant’s wife and children was very limited indeed as a result. Furthermore, there was no opportunity for his legal representatives to obtain support from third parties in the form of character references or the like.

Last, but not least, the fact that the Robinson’s sentence was expressed as being a sentence of imprisonment under the Criminal Justice Act 2003 as opposed to a committal for contempt meant that he was wrongly categorised within the prison system (those committed for contempt enjoy the same privileges as unconvicted persons). By categorising him as serving a sentence of imprisonment, the judge’s order had the effect of depriving Robinson of privileges relating to visits by his doctor or dentist, the freedom to choose what clothes to wear and the absence of restrictions on prison visits and the sending and receipt of letters. It also affected the regime upon his release (those committed for contempt are released automatically after half of the sentence; those who are imprisoned are subject to release on licence with the attendant risk of recall).

Case Comment: the Court of Appeal’s decision in Tommy Robinson’s case - The 6KBW Blog

I have provided evidence that Tommy appealed his conviction but so far, you have been unable to provide any evidence that Tommy did not choose for his case to be tried by jury.

Instead, you go off at a tangent by bringing magistrates in as red herrings and convincing gullible readers that your fake news is to be believed.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Once Robinson’s activity came to his attention, the judge at Leeds Crown Court commenced summary contempt proceedings of his own motion the same day. Having invoked the procedure, and Robinson having ‘admitted’ the contempt, he heard from Robinson’s counsel in mitigation and proceeded to sentence Robinson that afternoon to an immediate term of imprisonment of 13 months. This term comprised 10 months for the contempt at Leeds consecutive to the activated 3 month suspended sentence from Canterbury.

The appeal to the Court of Appeal was initially only in respect of sentence, but it became apparent that a number of procedural flaws existed in the way that the case had been dealt with at Leeds. During the appeal, criticisms were levelled by Robinson’s counsel at the process before the Canterbury court too. The Court of Appeal considered these to be without merit. Notably a criticism that Robinson had not been provided with a statement of the particulars of the alleged contempt prior to it being found was given short shrift in the light of an advice from his counsel (in respect of which privilege had been waived) from which it was apparent that a deliberate tactical decision had been made not to seek greater particularity. The Court of Appeal refused permission to appeal against the substantive decision and the sentence, save to amend what had been recorded as a suspended sentence of imprisonment to a suspended committal for contempt.

The chief complaint made in respect of the Leeds matter – that the judge had been too hasty in dealing with and concluding the proceedings – was considered to be well-founded. As the Court noted (per Lord Burnett CJ at para 60 of the judgment): “In contrast to the procedure followed in Canterbury, where the appellant had over a week to secure representation and to prepare his response to the allegations against him, the appellant at Leeds was commencing a term of imprisonment of thirteen months within five hours of the conduct complained of. Such haste gave rise to a real risk that procedural safeguards would be overlooked, the nature of the contempt alleged would remain inadequately scrutinised and that points of significant mitigation would be missed. Those risks materialised.”

Put simply, there was no particular need for the judge to do as he did. Robinson had offered to, and did, remove the offending material from the Facebook page. This removed the immediate risk to the fairness of the proceedings that were at that stage ongoing. Once that had been done, there was no pressing need for the contempt proceedings to continue immediately. A more appropriate course would have been to adjourn to permit the hearing to proceed on a better informed basis.

In swiftly embarking on the summary procedure, as opposed to inviting the Attorney General to take contempt proceedings, the judge had failed properly to particularise which aspects of Robinson’s ‘report’ breached the postponement order. Of greater concern was the consequence that, while Robinson had ‘admitted’ the contempt (and the Court of Appeal was in no doubt that some of the material did breach the postponement order) it was unclear what to what his purported admission related. Some of the more potentially inflammatory material may have constituted a free-standing contempt in its own right, but did not breach the relevant postponement order.

A further difficulty from the speed at which the proceedings were conducted was the absence of time for Robinson’s counsel to marshal mitigation and, in particular, to ensure that the Court had proper information concerning his family situation, something that could have been obtained through a pre-committal report. Had this been a criminal case, the Court would have been obliged, unless it thought it unnecessary, to obtain and consider a pre-sentence report. The Court of Appeal observed that “it would be unusual, to say the least, for a man with three young children to be sent to prison at a first hearing without some independent inquiry into his family’s circumstances”. The level of detail which could be provided to the court concerning the potential impact of a custodial term or its duration upon the appellant’s wife and children was very limited indeed as a result. Furthermore, there was no opportunity for his legal representatives to obtain support from third parties in the form of character references or the like.

Last, but not least, the fact that the Robinson’s sentence was expressed as being a sentence of imprisonment under the Criminal Justice Act 2003 as opposed to a committal for contempt meant that he was wrongly categorised within the prison system (those committed for contempt enjoy the same privileges as unconvicted persons). By categorising him as serving a sentence of imprisonment, the judge’s order had the effect of depriving Robinson of privileges relating to visits by his doctor or dentist, the freedom to choose what clothes to wear and the absence of restrictions on prison visits and the sending and receipt of letters. It also affected the regime upon his release (those committed for contempt are released automatically after half of the sentence; those who are imprisoned are subject to release on licence with the attendant risk of recall).

Case Comment: the Court of Appeal’s decision in Tommy Robinson’s case - The 6KBW Blog

I have provided evidence that Tommy appealed his conviction but so far, you have been unable to provide any evidence that Tommy did not choose for his case to be tried by jury.

Instead, you go off at a tangent by bringing magistrates in as red herrings and convincing gullible readers that your fake news is to be believed.

And still the law is the law, it applies to yaxley lennon just like anyone else, he has the same access to legal representation as anyone else

As far as i can see there has been no appeal against his latest imprisonment. In July 2019, he pleaded guilty to 3 counts of contempt of court. Interestingly though, just days before sentencing he did appeal, for asylum in America. He never appealed his sentence

Last edited: