• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's problems

PAUL MARKHAM

Firstly one must identify the problem. Just one at a time because solving them all with one solution is impossible.

Global climate change. The planet's climate has been in constant change since it's birth. This affects everything on the planet. Species adapt or go extinct.

How does any religious bible written before they knew the problem solve the problem?

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Firstly one must identify the problem. Just one at a time because solving them all with one solution is impossible.

Global climate change. The planet's climate has been in constant change since it's birth. This affects everything on the planet. Species adapt or go extinct.

How does any bible written before they knew the problem solve the problem?

Any Bible? How many are there?

exchemist

Veteran Member

How does any bible written before they knew the problem solve the problem?
Quite.

My Haynes Manual on the Morris Minor has nothing to say on the subject either. Pah! :D

PAUL MARKHAM

Likewise, I'm all ears if you have a science book that has an answer to the purpose of being and the nature of consciousness. ;)

Also, there is one Bible. The others are religions texts, not Bibles.
Science knows the solutions. The problem is getting the world to agree to them. In simple terms they are.

Reduce population size.
Reduce consumption.
Reduce the destruction of the Earth's resources.

There are many religious texts that different people worship as their bibles.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Science knows the solutions. The problem is getting the world to agree to them. In simple terms they are.

Reduce population size.
Reduce consumption.

Either you didn't read my most, or you read it and chose to ignore it. Why?

This makes zero sense and has nothing to do with what I wrote.

If you are unwilling unable to learn, I see no point continuing this discourse.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Any Bible? How many are there?
I have no estimation of how many there are but there have been quite a few named "bible": the Jefferson Bible, the Satanic Bible, the Mao Bible.
And even if we only talk about the Christian Bible, there are hundreds of translations and different denominations have included different books.
So, there surely is not only one bible.

exchemist

Veteran Member
The DK Idiot's Guides have one on Climate Change. I've got the one on Plant Nutrition. DK are rushing one out on Viral Transmission too.
That I didn't know. Though I do have the Haynes Manual on babies: yes really, there is one. One of my brothers got it for me when my son was born.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Only the Christians have a Bible. No one else uses that word (well. and LaVey Satanists with the Satanic Bible). Book of the Dead, Quran, Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, Kojiki, Tao Te Ching, Tanakh, Four Books. Some cultures had no written texts.
And I'm not aware of many, Christians included, who worship their text. I'm not sure if any do.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

Reduce population size.
Reduce consumption.

I could be misunderstanding what I read of course, but it seems many Hindu scriptures speak of not being attached to (as I will now eloquently put), junk, crap, useless plastic bobbles, and other meaningless noise that most of humanity wastes their life trying to collect. Earth is our Mother, and is to be respected and treated as such, not drained of her lifeblood to entertain a greedy population. (Most Pagan religions share this view of earth, as well.)

I think these views are fairly supportive of what science recommends we do.