• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today we stand together

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Hope so but the only one who could say
declines to say anything.
I wonder how many members are picking up how totally careless your posts seem to be about the subject matter?

I notice that in your post number 50 your linked to an article about Islamist terrorist attacks, as if that was relevent....... such charming posts you have written on this thread.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Correct me if I am wrong but this terrorist attack is not only unique in ideology but in general magnitude for NZ? If I remember correctly for NZ this is the first major terrorist attack in decades or it's history. Am I correct?

The last terrorist attack on New Zealand soil was in 1985 when agents of the French government blew up the Rainbow Warrior, a Greenpeace boat protesting against the French testing nuclear weapons in the Pacific. One person was killed. We are a peaceful country that promotes multiculturalism and religious tolerance. Our cherished Muslim community have never done any harm to us. The main perpetrator wasn’t even a NZer and our country was chosen as it was an easy target.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Apparently the perp may have chosen NZ because the gun laws are much more lax than Australia. That's probably going to change now.

Shad

Veteran Member
The last terrorist attack on New Zealand soil was in 1985 when agents of the French government blew up the Rainbow Warrior, a Greenpeace boat protesting against the French testing nuclear weapons in the Pacific. One person was killed. We are a peaceful country that promotes multiculturalism and religious tolerance. Our cherished Muslim community have never done any harm to us.

Thanks for the info.

The main perpetrator wasn’t even a NZer and our country was chosen as it was an easy target.

Yah according to the manifesto (unconfirmed) he wanted to destroy the sense of being "safe" anywhere. NZ up until that point seems to have avoided the the ideological warfare in Europe and America. (I am using the term loosely)

MJFlores

Today all religious and spiritual communities should stand together with the muslim community and we should be there with them and for them. The Terror that was made toward the two mosques are evil deeds and should be not be taken lightly.

I hope all people who not see them self as religious/spiritual can stand together with the muslims too.

New Zealand shooter covered weapons with names of Canada’s Alexandre Bissonnette, other killers
By Josh K. Elliott

New Zealand shooter covered weapons with names of Canada’s Alexandre Bissonnette, other killers

The guns and ammunition used in the mass killing of 49 Muslims in Christchurch, New Zealand, were decorated with the names of several violent white supremacists, including Canadian mass murderer Alexandre Bissonnette.

The inscriptions also cited several centuries-old victories by Europeans over Islamic forces, as well as the United Nations’ compact on migration, a common target for criticism by white supremacists.

Would new troubles brewing ahead?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
If there are videos of the actual shooting I've yet to see it. The video I saw was a 37 second clip of him grabbing his firearms and ending just as he reaches the doors of the mosque.

There are videos of the shooting. It's horrific, and you're best avoiding.

My thoughts go to the victims, to their community, and to the people of New Zealand.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Today all religious and spiritual communities should stand together with the muslim community and we should be there with them and for them. The Terror that was made toward the two mosques are evil deeds and should be not be taken lightly.

I hope all people who not see them self as religious/spiritual can stand together with the muslims too.
All people of humanity and decency, regardless of their views regarding religion, will be as appalled at the events in New Zealand as I am, and in unqualified sympathy with the victims and their families, their friends and neighbors.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I am sure you feel the comparison is apt,so why
dont go ahead and list all the countries that are
"like N Korea" that way?
Start in S Africa and work north, east,and west.
Not many. Mynmar counts. But very few other countries are currently creating gulags for their monorities or looking for wholesale removal.Obviously pre-apatheid South Africa.

Shad

Veteran Member
By Josh K. Elliott

The guns and ammunition used in the mass killing of 49 Muslims in Christchurch, New Zealand, were decorated with the names of several violent white supremacists, including Canadian mass murderer Alexandre Bissonnette.

The inscriptions also cited several centuries-old victories by Europeans over Islamic forces, as well as the United Nations’ compact on migration, a common target for criticism by white supremacists.

Would new troubles brewing ahead?

The manifesto has a number of references to the crusades so that makes sense.

Riders

Count me in!Im so sorry this happened, it seems like Jewish and Muslim hate is way up. Its terrible. Cant believe these people were upholding Trump as their model.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It's a very tragic day. I am disgusted to see some in this thread derailing it and even a person trying to justify persecution of Muslims. What the hell is wrong with some people???

I have seen video of the attack and it is just shocking. To gun down innocent people in a place where everyone should feel safe to seek sanctuary, how despicable. I have right-wing views when it comes to immigration and multiculturalism, myself, but there is never any excuse for innocent people. Even if you are angry over the jihadist attacks, why kill some people who had nothing to do with it? Too bad the killer wasn't just gunned down by the cops. He doesn't deserve to be alive.

My sympathy to the victims and their families.

Shad

Veteran Member
On NPR - a person from NZ said "first in 18 years"

I heard it in passing on the news last night so I wasn't sure myself. Thanks though. Also Adrian posted some information about my question if you want more details.

Jumi

Peaceful people should stand together. As humans we have more in common than differences. Talking to different people generally helps to know this on an intuitive level. Attacking innocent people even for revenge over other innocent people is only creating more cycles of revenge.

Audie

Veteran Member
Count me in!Im so sorry this happened, it seems like Jewish and Muslim hate is way up. Its terrible. Cant believe these people were upholding Trump as their model.

Someone on NPR was analyzing the "manifesto"
and pointing out where it showed clear intent to
incite hatred left v right, and citing Trump as a
model was one example.