• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today it will mainly be - this genre

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Well here is a list of some that could have been included - Joan Baez, Judy Collins, Donovan, Suzanne Vega, the Albion Band, Dolly and Shirley Collins, The Incredible String Band, the Oyster Band, Roy Harper, the Ian Campbell Folk Group, The Watersons, amongst the many others that no doubt could also have been included.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
But today I regret say it is Punk - not my favourite genre :oops:, but I will recognise much that I (and no doubt many others) do like and the impact such had on the progress of other music genres, so here are probably some of the more obvious ones:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
By the way, if anyone wants to claim a day for a genre be my guest, otherwise you might have to endure my likes (and dislikes). :D

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Hmmm I think I'll have to pass on this one...

Not notice my comment - I thought we should get the worst ones over first. :D But some, as cited, do stand on their own, and surely you like some of The Stranglers (the immortal Golden Brown, for example)?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Not notice my comment - I thought we should get the worst ones over first. :D But some, as cited, do stand on their own, and surely you like some of The Stranglers (the immortal Golden Brown, for example)?
No sorry. That song isn't terrible but it's not really "punk" is it? My abiding impression of The Stranglers is that they were sleazy "old" men. Anyway....moving on...

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Well here is a category much more to my taste - Irish (Celtic) Folk (so including some Scottish):

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Perhaps the next genre will be more appealing - Female Vocalists, and might just front a group;