• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To what extent are Islamic terrorists inspired by Muhammad and the Quran?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Just one thing.
But you mentioned three things.... :)

1. Tell them they have the right to read the Bible for themself. (at this stage Muslims are not allowed to do so, but work according to the IPCI's "Combat kit")
The bible was restricted to Christians for centuries, you know. Christians burned people alive who asked too many questions.
If Christians would only stop cherry picking bits out of the bible it could help things, you know.
Muslims might hold you to the bibles' laws proper.

2. Tell them they have the right to choose their religion. (at this stage any apostate , or Child of Muslims will receive the death penalty for leaving Islam.)
I live in England.
Muslims can choose to change sects or religions here, by law. :shrug:

3. forbid Sharia law,
Huh? Sharia law bans theft, robbery, burglary, murder, obtaining by deception, assault, and much much motre, and you want to ban it. That;'s just dopey! :D

forbid the veil,
So you think that you can tell men and women what to wear now?
A huge % of youth here wears the hoody. Just how are you going to ban veils?
Some women like veils! :shrug:

forbid female mutelatoin
Already donre it here. We've already locked up convicted criminals who have donme this.
Why not Male Mutilation as well?

sooda

Veteran Member

The bible was restricted to Christians for centuries, you know. Christians burned people alive who asked too many questions.
If Christians would only stop cherry picking bits out of the bible it could help things, you know.

I live in England.

Huh? Sharia law bans theft, robbery, burglary, murder, obtaining by deception, assault, and much much motre, and you want to ban it. That;'s just dopey! :D

Already donre it here. We've already locked up convicted criminals who have donme this.

Muslims read Bibles. Where does he come up with such crap?

Ellen Brown

Well, At least you dont lie about your religion as Sooda did.
We all know you are not a Christian, and you never sold yourself as one.
I can never condemn you for being honest.
But that little Sooda was a smelling rat since the first time I received posts from him/her, and as you can see, Sooda got cought out for being a liar.
Cool Hu?

You stupidly fail to understand that people have differing beliefs about most things, and you arrogantly think that you can bully others to your point of view. I am non-trinitarian and there are several Christian denominations that way. You called Sooda a liar and for me that is grounds to have you kicked out. I do not brook fools lightly.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Dont even try to convince me that Muhammad was a peacefull man, and the Bible promoted violence..
I'm afraid that it did!
The Gospel of John turned a brilliant campaign of the Baptist's, picked up by Jesus and carried on FOR THE JEWISH WORKING PEOPLES, in to a campaign against the Jews. John constantly referred to Jesus debating with, arguing with, in contention with..... THE JEWS! A total lie, which has caused the most frightful harm to decent Jews for two thousand years.

Put your own house in order first.

And stop cherry picking your morals from the Hebrews Testament whilst discarding so many important laws, such as the poor laws.

sooda

Veteran Member
You stupidly fail to understand that people have differing beliefs about most things, and you arrogantly think that you can bully others to your point of view. I am non-trinitarian and there are several Christian denominations that way. You called Sooda a liar and for me that is grounds to have you kicked out. I do not brook fools lightly.

Is there any other religion that believes Jesus is the Son of God??? I can't think of one.

Ellen Brown

I thought they decamped for Ethiopia.

The companions DID flee to ethiopia and were given protection by a Christian ruler. They brand me as solely a Muslim but do not understand that Muslims accept the people of "The Book" (Essentially, the Old Testament). The main Muslim issue with Christianity is the role of Jesus Christ (Isa Peace Be Unto Him). I've often said that I am an Abrahamic Religionist, and that is because I see the religions as being shot through with errors.

whirlingmerc

I live in England.

On the subject of burnings... it was often Bible Translators who were burned by "the church' of the day giving them the punishment for a witch
and says more about the leadership of the church and not wanting the word of God in the language of the people

The New and Old testaments were originally in the language of the people.

whirlingmerc

The companions DID flee to ethiopia and were given protection by a Christian ruler. They brand me as solely a Muslim but do not understand that Muslims accept the people of "The Book" (Essentially, the Old Testament). The main Muslim issue with Christianity is the role of Jesus Christ (Isa Peace Be Unto Him). I've often said that I am an Abrahamic Religionist, and that is because I see the religions as being shot through with errors.

Man's interpretation may be shot through with errors, unsurprisingly sins man is tarnished and broken by sin. But I view the New and Old Testaments as inspired and infallible and inerrant in the originals

sooda

Veteran Member

Yes. I remember the Christian ruler gave them protection. Didn't Muhammed say, "be kind to the Christians, they are nearest to us in faith?"

sooda

Veteran Member
On the subject of burnings... it was often Bible Translators who were burned by "the church' of the day giving them the punishment for a witch
and says more about the leadership of the church and not wanting the word of God in the language of the people

The New and Old testaments were originally in the language of the people.

Nobody had books and most people were illiterate.. what original language of the people?

In Germany in the 15-16th century?

whirlingmerc

Nobody had books and most people were illiterate.. what original language of the people?

In Germany in the 15-16th century?

The greek new testament was written in the common street greek
The old testament was known by the Jews

I mean the original language written would be understood by the readers of the day

leaving the books in obscure Latin seems do do more to hide them

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
According to traditions Muhammad experienced His first Revelation from God through the angel Gabriel in the cave of Hira 610 AD. The Quran was revealed over the next two decades. Muhammad taught His people they should turn away from polytheism and be like the Christians and Jews and worship the One True God. This Divine Message was not well received by Muhammad’s people, particularly the Quraysh who arose to destroy Him and His followers. The Muslims fled to Medina, but they were pursued and so had to defend themselves in several battles. Muhammad and the Muslims were ultimately triumphant and went on to unite the tribes of the Arabian Peninsula.

Some of the Quran was composed during war time. Certain verses if taken out of context could be seen as condoning violence. Did the example of Muhammad’s willingness to take up arms when necessary (albeit for self defence) provide inspiration for future generations to take up arms during other times of need?

So with this thread, I’d like to explore to what extent Muslim extremists are inspired by the Quran and Muhammad Himself? What about other influences such as the Hadiths, Sira and the early history of Islamic expansion? Are there parallels within Christianity’s expansion and history of violence? How do you see it and why?
I think the radical or extreme people within Islam may use the Quran to "justify" the terror they force upon others. But if you ask a Muslim who is not extreme to look at the same verse in the Quran they may tell a different story of what that verse actually means in a more peaceful way. Then also there are some extreme Muslims who say one can only understand the Quran in Arabic, but when you ask them about the language they themself do not speak Arabic. So maybe the people who use the Quran as a weapon to do evil toward others actually is not true Muslims themselves?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I think the radical or extreme people within Islam may use the Quran to "justify" the terror they force upon others. But if you ask a Muslim who is not extreme to look at the same verse in the Quran they may tell a different story of what that verse actually means in a more peaceful way. Then also there are some extreme Muslims who say one can only understand the Quran in Arabic, but when you ask them about the language they themself do not speak Arabic. So maybe the people who use the Quran as a weapon to do evil toward others actually is not true Muslims themselves?
Sounds nice.

Unfortunately, it flies on the face of the difficulty that many Muslims have in even understanding what would constitute moderate practice.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Sounds nice.

Unfortunately, it flies on the face of the difficulty that many Muslims have in even understanding what would constitute moderate practice.
Yes some muslims do have low morality just as may non muslims have low morality,
But when we look at 1,6 billion muslims in the world today there is maybe 1 or 2 % that can be called extremists or terrorists. But because of how media are putting the terrorists in front of muslims many look at "All" muslims as bad people, and in my experience that is not the case at all.

Ellen Brown

Man's interpretation may be shot through with errors, unsurprisingly sins man is tarnished and broken by sin. But I view the New and Old Testaments as inspired and infallible and inerrant in the originals

Ah, but then there were how many levels of translation, and interpretation? Remember, things were not written down until around 300 BC, so there were thousands of years that the OT was mere campfire tales.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Yes some muslims do have low morality just as may non muslims have low morality,
But when we look at 1,6 billion muslims in the world today there is maybe 1 or 2 % that can be called extremists or terrorists. But because of how media are putting the terrorists in front of muslims many look at "All" muslims as bad people, and in my experience that is not the case at all.

I just can't tell whether you mean to miss the point or it is just happening spontaneously.

But either way, missing the point you definitely are.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Do you know any Muslims? I have known a lot of them since 1950.
That is nice.

It is definitely necessary for Muslims to be aware of non-Muslims and to have ample opportunity to learn better.

As for what I think that you want to imply, I don't think I want to lend you that much significance. Sorry.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I just can't tell whether you mean to miss the point or it is just happening spontaneously.

But either way, missing the point you definitely are.
Not sure what you mean when you say i miss the point? But if i do miss the point i would like to understand the meaning of the OP :)