• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To taste an orange....

David T

Premium Member
If i taste an orange and i have never experienced that nor know what it is, and i turn to someone holding an orange and a book, and ask "what is that i am tasting?" And they say "its bigfoot, that exists outside reality, creating flavors, and built the pyramid" i ask " based on what exactly and what the hell are you talking about?" they then turn to a book in their hands and say "it is in the book of oranges"...

Is the book nuts? And Being read by nutjob believers arguing with non believers? Or is the text something else, and they are both NOT EVEN WRONG? In regards to taste the orange.

If i wrote a book" i tasted the orange" what is the statisical likelyhood going to be l
, if, over 100 generations of reading arguing, intellectualizing, that what is understood is even related to the original writing or reality itself? I place the odds at zero chance of understanding what the orange tastes like or what it is even. thats modernity.

Thus mad max and thunderdome.... Kids in the airplane..... In context to the past.

Cargo cult works in two directions. Religion is proof.
assumptions are a funny thing.....

mad-max-beyond-thunderdome-kids.jpg

Last edited:

Neutral Name

If i taste an orange and i have never experienced that nor know what it is, and i turn to someone holding an orange and a book, and ask "what is that i am tasting?" And they say "its bigfoot, that exists outside reality, creating flavors, and built the pyramid" i ask " based on what exactly and what the hell are you talking about?" they then turn to a book in their hands and say "it is in the book of oranges"...

Is the book nuts? And Being read by nutjob believers arguing with non believers? Or is the text something else, and they are both NOT EVEN WRONG? In regards to taste the orange.

If i wrote a book" i tasted the orange" what is the statisical likelyhood going to be l
, if, over 100 generations of reading arguing, intellectualizing, that what is understood is even related to the original writing or reality itself? I place the odds at zero chance of understanding what the orange tastes like or what it is even. thats modernity.

Thus mad max and thunderdome.... Kids in the airplane..... In context to the past.

Cargo cult works in two directions. Religion is proof.
assumptions are a funny thing.....

View attachment 29908

There are so many aspects to this. Religious scriptures are histories, spirituality and man's beliefs. They have to be separated to understand them correctly. Also, oral tradition was very accurate before writing. People memorized and passed down what they had been taught. It was very exacting.

Yet, people did misunderstand certain things. For example, early man thought that if there was a disaster of any type, God(s) was/were angry because man had angered the gods/God. I believe that the Great Flood is a perfect example of this. Waters did rise and floods did occur over much of the world when the last ice age ended.

Does this mean that there is or is not a God. To me, there must be a God to have existence at all. I argued the point with someone in a different forum earlier that the big bang is not possible without God. Why? Because energy and mass could not exist without something creating them. That is pure science. Neither can be created or destroyed. Science states that. So, I believe that it takes God to create these. Where else did they come from? What created existence at all? Why is there anything? Where did matter, energy, space and time come from?

David T

Premium Member
Of course! We live in the eternal perfection. We are perfectings always perfecting. Sometimes we get a bit confused and then we want everything around us perfect. Oh ther is a sin oh there is a defect oh there is a sin oh there is a defect oh there is a sin.

The new testament is more true than any of us suspect. He died for our sins he died for our defects.

Did he die because your grandson is defective or did he die because we see defect we see sin?

I go back and say no defect no sin in cloud no defect no sin in your grandson. All are guilty all are forgiven you see. Nobody is exempt from that including all of religion and all of science.

I see the perfection. I know.