• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To hell with all of you........

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Sorry to hear that......I physically abused myself because I couldn't cope with life. I projected that abuse upon others and expected to be treated like ****. It wasn't until recently that I met someone at such a late age that I learned that life could be otherwise.

I'm quite sickened, especially by one of our own mods, to find this philosophical discussion cheapened.

I know I was a bit esoteric but the numerous comments about trust in others I thought would tip people off.

I'm having a hard time trusting in others in a personal relationship and work relationships that I find will blow up in my face. I've been burned by close friends in the past. Yet I continue to place trust in them based on their words and based upon what I want those words to mean. I continue to place the trust I want in me into them........only to find the cheapened value I place upon them to be turned against me. It's a god damn hard thing to change. Only because the value of trust I place in myself wasn't enough.
Yes and I am sorry to hear your pain also, but I suppose we have to trust someone, if not we will always be imprisoned by our own fears, or paranoia. Myself I have put trust in a few people of my life, and it has worked out really good. I love your esoteric language, its how I think about the world around me also. yes I also physically abuse myself, by cutting my wrist, when I do it feels sort of nice, it feels like I have released a lot of pressure.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
If I was to answer to my own apologetic convoluted conceit it would be thus......

Yes I project my own self into the trust of others. I place a great value into that trust. And I am often deluded into that trust I place into others. It's within that cave of my own mind that I perceive others devoid of a wider understanding that I am willing to place a trust into them based solely what they bring into that cave of my own mind.

It's always a scary place to be. But also sometimes tantalizing........you jump into someone else with your own conceits without knowing their own because they bring upon you such an immediate relief from the daily reality......

I am simply asking...........how much do you trust other people?

How much do you project your own desires into them without fulling knowing them?

How much do you accept of them without fulling understanding?

And how much do you actually value that trust?

It's all about trust in another human being.

edit: And I apologize for the esoteric horse**** that started the OP.
Solution: trust in free-will. If everything is just a projection of your own mind, if you give free-will to your projections and allow them to separate from yourself, are they not technically other entities?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think, therefor I am.
But how do I know you think? You damn computer program!
Do you think? Or, are you lost in the limbo that I have entertained myself with that, OMG, these people are really nothing more, as far as I know for all my better knowledge, than a few characters and an avatar appearing on my screen.
But, I can prove my existence. If I gave my real name you would find it published in the news paper under those who are on the deans list for the past four or five years. I was also in the newspaper because I was standing outside a movie theater when Episode 1 tickets went on pre-sale (if you don't know what Episode 1 is, then you must prove your own existence to me).
And due to the computer programs I wrote in high school, without me, well, then, who is to say how different of a world this world would be? I did write a program for a hospital for their billing purposes, so, as far as I know, as far as I can let my imagination run wild, my existence may have prevented a hospital from going berserk which may have prevented gods knows what. I also made it easier for teachers at my high school to track semester grades when the school switched from 6-week grading periods to 9-week periods (please don't take me seriously on this), so I may have prevented an entire high school from going bonkers!
So, prove yourself, you, for all I know, a furry feline who somehow acquired the ability to type.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
As an aside........**** you lewisnotmiller........

Take of that what you will..........I don't give a ****..........

Okay then.
What I mostly take is confusion. I have no idea what your issue with me is, but it remains your issue I guess. I don't understand it enough to comment.

*tips hats*

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Because you are not real.

For this entire time time none of you have existed. Only my projections of my own insecurities have supported this forum and it's varied discussions. But none of you are here. All posts and responses are my multiple personalities responding to my delusional correspondence.

Argue otherwise.......

In the meantime.......

I shall drink a soft drink and smoke a cigarette.......

Because it doesn't matter......all the following comments are nothing more than my own responses to fulfill my own delusions.........

Yes........I'm really that bored.

Let's call it the internal cave of your own skull........

Or in other words........and here's the crux.....how do you know a trusted response is real and not a reimagined delusion within the cave of your own delusion?

Yeah.....maybe I'm drunk.

And kudo's to the person who responds with what I'm talking about?

Or maybe I'm really bored. Interested?

What is the real question I'm asking?

Yes. But what is even more, many of my responses really aren't ''real''. So it's a double whammy of just arbitrary, your perception, whatever. Have a nice day!

Last edited:

Laika

Premium Member
Or in other words........and here's the crux.....how do you know a trusted response is real and not a reimagined delusion within the cave of your own delusion?

What is the difference between existence or non-existence? Is your existence just a thought? Or are you thinking about your existence by denying you exist? Would it really matter if you thought you didn't exist? Do we live with knowledge being an illusion, or with the illusion of knowledge? Am I other people or are they me?

Because you are not real. For this entire time time none of you have existed. Only my projections of my own insecurities have supported this forum and it's varied discussions. But none of you are here. All posts and responses are my multiple personalities responding to my delusional correspondence.

Can I be the dellusion that projects your insecurities by being extremely charming, handsome, intelligent, having lots of sex whilst having a selfish psychopathic disregard for other people's welfare? If I'm not real, I have no consequences to worry about. :D

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Ever thought about ethnicity? Try looking at a genealogical chart; you will notice that, with each successive branch, in the chart, there is a possibility of halving the proposed, already arbitrary, 'ethnicity', of the person on the line. This means that, going back a few generations, unless everyones ancestors are from the same village, you are an innumerable amount of differing 'ethnicities. It isn't real. So, if I say, ''I'm irish'', it isn't telling you anything. Something like that. it's arbitrary.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Because you are not real.

For this entire time time none of you have existed. Only my projections of my own insecurities have supported this forum and it's varied discussions. But none of you are here. All posts and responses are my multiple personalities responding to my delusional correspondence.

Argue otherwise.......

In the meantime.......

I shall drink a soft drink and smoke a cigarette.......

Because it doesn't matter......all the following comments are nothing more than my own responses to fulfill my own delusions.........

Yes........I'm really that bored.

Let's call it the internal cave of your own skull........

Yeah.....maybe I'm drunk.

And kudo's to the person who responds with what I'm talking about?

Or maybe I'm really bored. Interested?

What is the real question I'm asking?

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination. - Douglas Adams

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Where's GNG when you think you might find him?

oh!...that's right......he doesn't exist and would tell you so.....

In the meantime....let's all bang our bleeding heads on the wall till he doesn't get here!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Am I the only one who finds Gnomon's avatar to be very ironic? Maybe he really IS just a cat sleeping in a patch of sun somewhere, dreaming all of this.

Montaigne's cat and Descartes' reality | Scripturient

philosophy | dreaming of cats blog

cat-merlin-follow-your-dreams.jpg

Carry on!

gnomon

Okay then.
What I mostly take is confusion. I have no idea what your issue with me is, but it remains your issue I guess. I don't understand it enough to comment.

*tips hats*

No.....

I'm really sorry...

I'm under a ****load of stress......I lashed out irrationally....

I get rather sensitive sometimes and decided to lash out against you unreasonably.......

My apologies.

gnomon

Am I the only one who finds Gnomon's avatar to be very ironic? Maybe he really IS just a cat sleeping in a patch of sun somewhere, dreaming all of this.

Montaigne's cat and Descartes' reality | Scripturient

philosophy | dreaming of cats blog

cat-merlin-follow-your-dreams.jpg

Carry on!

Maybe I am.......

Dammit.....I really do apologize to those I've lashed out just like a cat rubbed the wrong way.....

I'm seriously stressed out and.....yeah.......

I feel like a cat. Doing what I want and lashing out when the stress gets too much..........

And in that time I forgot that there are some great people here......