• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To hell with all of you........

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
All right...focus on the question at hand...

Or in other words........and here's the crux.....how do you know a trusted response is real and not a reimagined delusion within the cave of your own delusion?

Oh, easy. You know stuff I don't know. Like the answer to this question. Unless I have gotten it right, in which case...errr...plan B?

*punches himself in the mouth*

Did that hurt?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
"Or in other words........and here's the crux.....how do you know a trusted response is real and not a reimagined delusion within the cave of your own delusion?"
Because it cannot be delusion if it's a cave of yours.

Look at it this way... how would you know? You wouldn't, and so you shouldn't trust that it IS.

Both, actually. Anything, technically. I'm not too picky, but I enjoy a lot of different micro brewerys.

It was pretty over my head from the start.

gnomon

Okay, forget it.....

What do you trust?

And the reverse of my failed post is what do you project upon that trust?

I'm not asking what you believe..........but what you trust?

I'll repeat...

What do you trust? What is your value of trust? Do you place your own delusions in your trust of others and things?

gnomon

If I was to answer to my own apologetic convoluted conceit it would be thus......

Yes I project my own self into the trust of others. I place a great value into that trust. And I am often deluded into that trust I place into others. It's within that cave of my own mind that I perceive others devoid of a wider understanding that I am willing to place a trust into them based solely what they bring into that cave of my own mind.

It's always a scary place to be. But also sometimes tantalizing........you jump into someone else with your own conceits without knowing their own because they bring upon you such an immediate relief from the daily reality......

I am simply asking...........how much do you trust other people?

How much do you project your own desires into them without fulling knowing them?

How much do you accept of them without fulling understanding?

And how much do you actually value that trust?

It's all about trust in another human being.

edit: And I apologize for the esoteric horse**** that started the OP.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
If I was to answer to my own apologetic convoluted conceit it would be thus......

Yes I project my own self into the trust of others. I place a great value into that trust. And I am often deluded into that trust I place into others. It's within that cave of my own mind that I perceive others devoid of a wider understanding that I am willing to place a trust into them based solely what they bring into that cave of my own mind.

It's always a scary place to be. But also sometimes tantalizing........you jump into someone else with your own conceits without knowing their own because they bring upon you such an immediate relief from the daily reality......

I am simply asking...........how much do you trust other people?

How much do you project your own desires into them without fulling knowing them?

How much do you accept of them without fulling understanding?

And how much do you actually value that trust?

It's all about trust in another human being.

edit: And I apologize for the esoteric horse**** that started the OP.
That was beautifully said, yes I don't have much trust in other people, I was always hurt by them, I was raped as a young man, I was shot by someone along the highway just out of my town, so yea, I don't trust anyone, or at least those that I haven't meet and build a relationship with, it can be a scary world, but I am trying to except it for what it is.

gnomon

That was beautifully said, yes I don't have much trust in other people, I was always hurt by them, I was raped as a young man, I was shot by someone along the highway just out of my town, so yea, I don't trust anyone, or at least those that I haven't meet and build a relationship with, it can be a scary world, but I am trying to except it for what it is.

Sorry to hear that......I physically abused myself because I couldn't cope with life. I projected that abuse upon others and expected to be treated like ****. It wasn't until recently that I met someone at such a late age that I learned that life could be otherwise.

I'm quite sickened, especially by one of our own mods, to find this philosophical discussion cheapened.

I know I was a bit esoteric but the numerous comments about trust in others I thought would tip people off.

I'm having a hard time trusting in others in a personal relationship and work relationships that I find will blow up in my face. I've been burned by close friends in the past. Yet I continue to place trust in them based on their words and based upon what I want those words to mean. I continue to place the trust I want in me into them........only to find the cheapened value I place upon them to be turned against me. It's a god damn hard thing to change. Only because the value of trust I place in myself wasn't enough.

My trust seems to be fragmented. In some areas I do project my own pov onto them, trust too quickly, or presume intent. In other areas my skepticism prevails. Depends on the history with the person or situation for me. I tend to value trust more if it has been demonstrated.

gnomon

As an aside........**** you lewisnotmiller........

Take of that what you will..........I don't give a ****..........