• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To Hebrew experts: did Eve sleep with the Serpent?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I have to look at the commentators but if I recall, there is a midrashic understanding of the serpent as looking much like a man before the curse, so a dragon wouldn't be most accurate.

I thought the Silurians from Dr who come close:

Silurians_2010.jpg

susanblange

OK, can you copy over any of the bibliographical information of the print edition?

The word mistranslated as "pierced" in Psalms is "Ka'ari". That word does NOT appear in 27:1 of Isaiah, nor does any version of it. So how are you reading "pierced" into the Isaiah quote?

As to the rest, good luck with that. Meanwhile, let's try to maintain focus on the issue of these precise words.
My dictionary says Adam means this: 1) "of the ground". 2) "taken out of the red earth". It also is taken to mean "man" or "mankind". I don't think we will be able to agree. I trust the KJV and so does God. It is remarkably accurate and you won't be able to convince me otherwise. It is consistent and it may have been influenced by the Illuminati.

susanblange

I have to look at the commentators but if I recall, there is a midrashic understanding of the serpent as looking much like a man before the curse, so a dragon wouldn't be most accurate.
Satan the serpent is also called "...the dragon that is in the sea". Isaiah 27:1. The entrance to Hell is also a sea with very rough, dark waters.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So, by my Strawberry blonde hair I'm an elvish dwarf, and because of my height I'm also part wolf?

The races are very mixed down through the ages. I am wolf on my fathers side. I have the big nose but missed the black hair. I am dwarf on my mothers side. I was blonde as a youth. My mother was blonde and short. I didn't get any of the Atlantean. I am medium height. I have a claim to clan Murray. My wife was Atlantean 5'8 tall for a woman, Edmundson clan. She had the blonde hair of a dwarf and the pointy nose of an elf.

susanblange

Can you provide evidence to support this claim?

Is that why Jewish, Biblical, Greek, and Hebrew scholars widely disagree?
The authority of the KJV is secret Biblical prophecy. It may have been handed down in the oral tradition. The Bible is not difficult to understand. Proverbs 9:10. "...and the knowledge of the holy is understanding". Some things have a dual fulfillment. God is the final authority on the scriptures because he wrote, and/or inspired them. I am a Fundamentalist and I take the scriptures at their plain, literal meaning. There is only one interpretation, and that is God's.

rosends

My dictionary says Adam means this: 1) "of the ground". 2) "taken out of the red earth". It also is taken to mean "man" or "mankind". I don't think we will be able to agree. I trust the KJV and so does God. It is remarkably accurate and you won't be able to convince me otherwise. It is consistent and it may have been influenced by the Illuminati.
What is the bibliographical info for that dictionary? In Hebrew, the words "min ha'adama" mean "from the ground" (as in Gen 1:9). THE man is "Ha'adam" and "man" is "adam". The Hebrew is remarkably more accurate and you won't convince me otherwise.

rosends

Satan the serpent is also called "...the dragon that is in the sea". Isaiah 27:1. The entrance to Hell is also a sea with very rough, dark waters.
You are now bringing in the word "tanin" not nachash, and interjecting "Satan" who is not in the verse.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The Bible is not difficult to understand.
Well, at least you're not claiming you have to be a believer to understand. But you didn't actually provide evidence to support your claim. There are numerous translations of the Bibles, including efforts to improve the translation quality, because the KJV really isn't that good. It's like the translators had a couple years of Greek and Hebrew at Uni.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I'll just stick with Celtic-Gaelic-Nordic.

MyHeritage says I have Scandinavian, English, Irish/Scottish/Welsh, Iberian Baltic Finnish, and Jewish. It probably is based on what DNA people have in those areas rather on actual racial characteristics.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Last edited: