• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

to Gain Eternal Life

eternity is yours?

• because I use a Prophets Name as if I own it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • because I'm a nice guy

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • because I believe in God

• because I follow rules

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I have hope and trust

• not going to make it

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No, i don't do superstition.
no superstition involved

there is spirit
or not

it not....then substance is 'self' creating

and to gain eternal life....
your discussion is of physical science
and your life ….as we know it
terminal

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
no superstition involved

there is spirit
or not

it not....then substance is 'self' creating

and to gain eternal life....
your discussion is of physical science
and your life ….as we know it
terminal

No evidence, so all you can say is you believe there is spirit and you are welcome to that belief.

If not then what? Yes it is created from eternal particles.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
this one item......I cannot agree to

Man was never intended to live forever

Read Genesis 3:22-24 to see what God said.....

Jehovah God then said: “Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad. Now in order that he may not put his hand out and take fruit also from the tree of life and eat and live forever,—” 23 With that Jehovah God expelled him from the garden of Eʹden to cultivate the ground from which he had been taken. 24 So he drove the man out, and he posted at the east of the garden of Eʹden the cherubs and the flaming blade of a sword that was turning continuously to guard the way to the tree of life.”

Man was most definitely designed to live forever here on earth and God provided the means....”the tree of life”.
There was no natural cause of death and no mention of heaven or hell. The penalty for disobedience was.....death....just death, nothing more. There was no need for anything more.

When the law sentences someone to death, the penalty is not carried out immediately, they often spend many years on death row. They know death is coming, but not when....hence the term “dead man walking”,
Humans became “dead” in their trespasses from that day on. God did not lie.

I believe that God allowed the humans to fulfill the first part of his mandate (to fill the earth) thereby allowing God a powerful means to educate them about the value of obedience to him.....compared to the pain caused by disobeying him.

They were created as mortal beings, otherwise the penalty for disobeying the command not to eat the forbidden fruit could never have been carried out. What is the point of a death penalty if humans could not die? The tree of life was there in the garden and it was freely available to them until they disobeyed.....once they introduced sin, God took away access to the only means he provided to maintain their lives.

They could have lived forever and carried out the complete mandate that was given to them, having forever to do so.....but once sin entered their lives, ageing, sickness and death was all that was in their future. They were forced to “eat bread” after toiling to produce grain on cursed ground. So much changed for the human race and none of it was good. :(

God actually implemented the means to undo all the damage straight away, but it was a long term strategy. (Genesis 3:15) This first prophesy was not even properly understood until the promised “seed” arrived.

and the Serpent did not lie....

Yes he did....Jesus calls him “the father of the lie”. (John 8:44)
Would you rather call God a liar? That s a very serious accusation....blasphemy in fact.

Eat...and you shall NOT die
but shall become as heaven and live

That is NOT what it says.....it simply says, ‘eat and you will die’.....there is no heaven or hell....there never was.

If humans had never sinned (as a result of abusing their free will) then, they never would have died....there would have been no need of a Savior. Jesus Christ would not have come to earth to rescue Adam’s children from the debt he passed on to them. (Romans 5:12) No human would have gone to heaven to assist God’s son in returning the human race back to their originally sinless condition, with lessons learned and precedents set for all time to come.

No human or angel will ever be able to challenge Jehovah’s Sovereignty, again. His strategy is brilliant!

it's true

Your interpretation is far from the truth IMO.

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
you quoted dogma up to this point
and then trashed it

I know Genesis

From what you post, you have a very distorted view of Genesis. Please find me heaven or hell in Adam's sentence. Adam's sentence was death...nothing more. He went back to where he came from (the dust) never to be seen again.

try being literal when it should be
read the implication with eyes that see

Try reading scripture after you remove the distorted lenses that you appear to be looking through.

Straw Dog

seems to be qualifications are required
eternity is not bestowed unto all

got any notion to what is needed?

Life began billions of years before this particular person and it will continue for billions of years afterwards. I’m just grateful to experience this wonderful fraction.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
From what you post, you have a very distorted view of Genesis. Please find me heaven or hell in Adam's sentence. Adam's sentence was death...nothing more. He went back to where he came from (the dust) never to be seen again.

Try reading scripture after you remove the distorted lenses that you appear to be looking through.
My perspective may well be unique
but we are here to BE unique

so what if you don't read Genesis as I do

Why do you think I post as I do?

note my signature

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Life began billions of years before this particular person and it will continue for billions of years afterwards. I’m just grateful to experience this wonderful fraction.
to those who have.....more shall be given

there are 7billion copies of a learning device on this planet
I do not believe it all crumbles to dust

that would be......unreasonable

so
after my last breath....I expect to wander from one to another

If I spend one year of interaction with one spirit at a time
I will be busy
for billions of years

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
My perspective may well be unique but we are here to BE unique

Are we? If you are reading the same book that I am, and you understand it in a “unique” way, if no one else shares your interpretation, doesn’t that mean that your “unique” understanding can’t be right to anyone but you? Does God work like that? Did his nation have his permission to interpret his word as they wished? Were any who became Christians permitted to interpret Jesus’ teachings in a unique way? Didn’t the apostle Paul say that all Christians should “speak in agreement” and that there should be no divisions” among them? (1 Corinthians 1:10) All you can see is disagreement and division....so what’s wrong?

so what if you don't read Genesis as I do

It makes no difference to me how you interpret Genesis.....but it may make a difference to you if your assessment of scripture is exclusively yours. Does that make you a church of one?

Why do you think I post as I do?

I have no idea....:shrug:

note my signature

I guess I am one of those who say “no it ain’t” then.....?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
So where is Jesus allegedly hiding?

Oh look a strawman...lets beat him up! :rolleyes:

If you are going to quote me, at least make the quote accurate.

I said..."That is NOT what it [the Bible] says.....it simply says, ‘eat and you will die’.....there is no heaven or hell....there never was."

I never said there was no heaven...I said there was never a choice between heaven and hell put before humans.

God gave his people a choice between "life and death"....he never said anything to Adam about "heaven or hell".

God and all his spirit sons dwell in heaven, which is a spiritual dimension, not a physical one. We mere mortals cannot presume to know where or what 'heaven' is...but humans were never designed to go there....there was no reason for them to go anywhere but here on earth. God designed humans to live here forever, without getting sick or old. There was no natural cause of death in Eden.....the only thing that could introduce death was disobedience to God's command.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
There was no natural cause of death in Eden
the garden was a petri dish
to isolate a chosen specimen

Man as a species...….Day Six

Adam was not the first man to walk this earth

he was the first to walk with God

death of body was always in the scheme of things
Man was never intended to live in body forever

Muffled

Jesus in me
Sourced from the creation itself,
but..... to be eternal after death !
Always been here, and not going.

Actually some will not die before being changed into their immortal bodies.

I made my pastor angry because i said that eternal could simply mean timeless.