• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To Die For The Sin of Mankind – what does that really mean ?

Brian2

Veteran Member
That is what you believe to be true.

In the beginning was the logos, and the logos was with God, and the logos was God. The same was in the beginning with God.

..so G-d inspired an author to write the above, and was ascribed to John?
Apparently, it was common practice to ascribe texts to people, even if it contained material from more than one author.
The above is philosophical prose, and is not claimed to be what Jesus actually said. A Gospel containing something completely different could have been included in the cannon. The fact that it wasn't means very little.

The NT contains many accurate historical things about Jesus' ministry .. but it is peppered with the authors opinions .. many of the authors not even having met him.

Oh well.

The fact that other writings were not included means a lot when the decision was by those in the very early Church even though the canonisation did not come till later.
The writings that were used in the very early church were those that agreed with the teachings of the Church and which were apostolic, meaning the authors were apostles who knew Jesus or were people who knew apostles.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Can you show me the passage(s) from the Bible where his disciples go around preaching that Jesus had died for the forgiveness of sins?? If you can, you might have a case.
Here the apostle Paul is doing just that:
2 Corinthians 5:17-21

JerryMyers

But you don't even believe the words of Jesus.
I believe Jesus when he said he did not die AFTER his supposed ‘crucifixion’, but others said he died and you believe them. Guess it’s you who don’t believe the words of Jesus.

Jesus spoke when there was only one house of God, the Temple at Jerusalem, and He called it the house of His Father. At that time no doubt there were other temples all over the place that were thought of as the houses of God, but they were not houses of the true God.
A temple is a building where people gather together to worship God and Jesus will probably be saying the same thing if he was at any other temple too. Interestingly, by calling the temple of Jerusalem ‘the House of my Father/God’ and NOT ‘my House’, Clearly, Jesus is again, telling you that he and God are NOT one and the same being!!

Jesus had that glory in the presence of God before the world existed it seems.
John 17:5And now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence with the glory I had with You before the world existed.
John 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
You must have missed my response to these verses. Here they are again:

In John 17:5, Jesus was NOT praying about the past glory he had with God before the world existed as FALSELY preached by Trinitarians, BUT, he was praying for the glory as has been appointed in the plan and in the Mind of God before the world was even created.

We all ‘preexisted’ in the plan and in the Mind of God long before we were born. Likewise, it was God who appointed Jeremiah as a prophet before he was born - Before I formed you in the womb before you were born I knew you I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” – Jeremiah 1:5

John 1:10 is actually saying God was in the world, that is, through the Holy Spirit who was in all the prophets who came earlier, but the people rejected these prophets because they did not recognize God/the Holy Spirit in these prophets, although the world was made by God, that is, through the Command Word of God.

But I guess you dismiss the Greatness and Glory of God in favor of the words of other people.

It sounds silly when you try to interpret things in a way that was obviously not intended. Maybe you should just say that Jesus did not say that, it was the opinion of men, and so you do not believe it.
John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Not really. What sounds silly is when Trinitarians try to tailor-fit their man-made doctrine into the scriptures as you have done many times.

JerryMyers

Psalm 89:45 You have cut short the days of his youth;
you have covered him with a mantle of shame.
‘Cut short the days of his youth’ does NOT mean Jesus died, it means Jesus' days of preaching on earth are over as God will raise the young Jesus to Himself. Likewise, I could also say ‘the accident which cause him to be paralyzed has cut short his pilot career’ which again shows that ‘cut short’ does NOT mean he died.

No enemies of Jesus got the better of Him. Jesus laid His life down and took it up again all by Himself.
John 10:17 The reason the Father loves Me is that I lay down My life in order to take it up again. 18No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from My Father.”
If they really killed Jesus, it means his enemies got the better of him!! No one going to say that the policeman got the better of the gunman in a shootout but the policeman died of his gunshot wounds and the gunman walked away unscathed! See how silly it can be when Trinitarians try to tailor-fit their man-made doctrine into the scriptures??

JerryMyers

Jesus spoke of Father and the Son as separate persons of one and same God.
If they are separate persons, how can they literally be one and the same?? Could it be that you cannot understand what Jesus meant when he said that “My Father and I are one”???

Likewise he spoke about holly ghost (and prophets did as well talk about "God's spirit" as it is referred to in OT) as of a person or "entity" that is not the Son (Messiah) and not the Father (God).
The Holy Spirit is an extension of God’s Energy and Presence and it can be in anyone who submit and do the Will of God.

The point being that there are no contradictions with scriptures.
There will be contradictions if one tries to ‘tailor-fit’ the concept of the man-made trinity into the scriptures.

As for "man-made" you're contradictory to what Jesus said in John 16:13-15 because what you call "man-made" is actually revealed by the Holy Spirit.
The Spirit of Truth (the Comforter/Advocate) is a reference to a person who will come AFTER Jesus had departed. The Holy Spirit has been around since the beginning of time. Jesus also spoke of this ‘Spirit of Truth’ as ANOTHER Comforter/Advocate (John 14:16) which should tell you that the Spirit of Truth Jesus spoke of is a person as there’s no such thing as ANOTHER Holy Spirit – there’s only ONE Holy Spirit!

So yes, the trinity is a man-made doctrine that contradicted the scriptures when Trinitarians try to ‘tailor-fit’ their false belief into the scriptures!

JerryMyers

You should be able to find something in this list of verses.
What Does the Bible Say About Jesus Died On The Cross For Our Sins?
You misunderstood the phrase ‘to die for the sin’ which I have explained in the OP.

A soldier who died in a war to defend the sovereignty of his country is also said he died for his country, BUT, that does NOT mean he MUST physically die for his country – no one will join the army if the terms said any soldier sent to a war zone can only return home in a casket!! Likewise, to believe Jesus MUST physically die for the sin of mankind is just as silly as to believe a soldier MUST physically die for his country.

The Jews believe they killed Jesus and the Christians believe Jesus physically died for their sin but Jesus himself said he did not die. Psalm 89 said God will not let that happen to Jesus. God in the Quran said they did not kill him nor crucified him, but was only made to appear so and if you read Psalm 22 carefully, Psalm 22 is saying exactly that too!

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Paul was never a disciple of Jesus, in fact, he never met Jesus. He was a self-appointed ‘apostle’.
What is your argument for such a claim?
How would you biblically back up your claim that Paul is both "self-appointed" apostle and not an apostle?

Last edited:

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
If they are separate persons, how can they literally be one and the same?? Could it be that you cannot understand what Jesus meant when he said that “My Father and I are one”???
The same way you have your personality here on forums as you have separate personality in your real life, yet this doesn't mean there are 2 copies of you, there is only one you, correct?

The Holy Spirit is an extension of God’s Energy and Presence and it can be in anyone who submit and do the Will of God.
How would you biblically backup that Holly ghost is an "extension" of God rather than God?

There will be contradictions if one tries to ‘tailor-fit’ the concept of the man-made trinity into the scriptures.
The meaning of "tailor-fit" is subjective

Jesus also spoke of this ‘Spirit of Truth’ as ANOTHER Comforter/Advocate (John 14:16) which should tell you that the Spirit of Truth Jesus spoke of is a person as there’s no such thing as ANOTHER Holy Spirit
Right, "another" Advocate where Jesus is the first advocate of humanity before God.
I don't get your point, nobody said there are 2 God's spirits.

So yes, the trinity is a man-made doctrine that contradicted the scriptures when Trinitarians try to ‘tailor-fit’ their false belief into the scriptures
You're rushing your thesis.

Last edited:

JerryMyers

What is your argument for such a claim?
How would you biblically back up your claim that Paul is both "self-appointed" apostle and not an apostle?
Can you show me one passage from your Bible about Paul’s ‘apostleship’ that was NOT written by Paul himself??

JerryMyers

The same way you have your personality here on forums as you have separate personality in your real life, yet this doesn't mean there are 2 copies of you, there is only one you, correct?
We are talking about 2 separate persons, NOT 2 personalities, who according to your silly claim are one and the same God. Didn’t you say ‘Jesus spoke of Father and the Son as separate persons of one and same God’ ??

The man-made doctrine of trinity too spoke of 3 distinct persons NOT 3 personalities.

How would you biblically backup that Holly ghost is an "extension" of God rather than God?
Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.” – Psalm 139:7-8

How do you think God can be omnipresent if not through His Spirit?? You think God multiplies Himself into trillion gods and that’s how He is said to be everywhere??

The meaning of "tailor-fit" is subjective
It’s pretty obvious what the Trinitarians are trying to do, and that is, by 'tailor-fitting' their man-made doctrine into the scriptures in their futile efforts to justify the man-made doctrine of the trinity came from God.

Right, "another" Advocate where Jesus is the first advocate of humanity before God.
I don't get your point, nobody said there are 2 God's spirits.

Well, if you believe that Jesus was referring to the Holy Spirit and not another man like him when he spoke of ANOTHER Advocate, then, yes, you are implying there are 2 Holy Spirits – one who’s already here since the beginning of time and another who Jesus said will only come after his departure.

You're rushing your thesis.

Nope, BUT it’s you who’s rushing your thesis as you cannot backup your man-made doctrine as God NEVER say He’s a triune God nor did Jesus ever preach the trinity doctrine.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
We are talking about 2 separate persons, NOT 2 personalities, who according to your silly claim are one and the same God. Didn’t you say ‘Jesus spoke of Father and the Son as separate persons of one and same God’ ??

The man-made doctrine of trinity too spoke of 3 distinct persons NOT 3 personalities.
OK mate I see where this may lead to, but can we first agree to provide valid biblical arguments?
personality, persona, person, you name the rest, English is not my native and there is no point to debate about grammar since this may distract from the essence, right?

I did said "separate persons", by that In essence I mean the Father IS NOT the Son IS NOT Holly ghost, simple English.
Now here is my biblical argument for the underlined text above, underlined:
John 20:21-22
Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me [Jesus], I am sending you.” And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

Next Jesus explicitly states that he must go away in order for holly ghost to be sent by him, therefore they are mutually exclusive because otherwise Jesus could fill the role of holly ghost for the same result:
John 16:7
But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

But your argument must be that there is no word "person" or "personality" explicitly, then what should we do about this verse which further separates the Father?
Luke 11:13
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?”
If you do not agree, please provide biblical argument against the Father IS NOT the Son IS NOT Holly ghost

btw., I'm not saying that the Father, the Son or Holly ghost is not "one", I'm saying they do not equal each other as the scriptures clearly show.

It is important to either first agree on this or biblically refute it, otherwise there is not point to continue, agree or biblically refute it, however you wish.

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.” – Psalm 139:7-8

How do you think God can be omnipresent if not through His Spirit??
Please read entire psalm 139, and you'll see the Lord is mentioned in verse 1 (not his spirit), the point being that psalms refers to both not just one.

In the very first beginning of the bible you can see mention of the Lord (the Father) and the "Spirit of God" (holly ghost) (or Lord's spirit as it is referred to in OT), I underlined:
Genesis 1:1-2
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
Obviously 2 "personas", if you do not agree, please provide valid biblical argument that contradicts this verse.

Well, if you believe that Jesus was referring to the Holy Spirit and not another man like him when he spoke of ANOTHER Advocate, then, yes, you are implying there are 2 Holy Spirits – one who’s already here since the beginning of time and another who Jesus said will only come after his departure.
No I didn't say that, holly ghosts as you can see is mentioned already in the very beginning of the scriptures, that same spirit is present in NT, it's just called by different names.
Otherwise I do not understand what are you trying to say here.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Can you show me one passage from your Bible about Paul’s ‘apostleship’ that was NOT written by Paul himself??
Acts were written by Luke, which talk about Paul's apostolic mission.
ex. Acts 9 and Acts 13:2-3

Your argument that Paul is self proclaimed apostle (ex. Romans 1:1) holds no ground since, as you can see, he was chosen by Jesus and sent by Holly spirit, your claim implies that Holly Ghost made a mistake in Acts 13:2-3 which is a nonsense not recorded anywhere in the bible not even once.

Therefore scriptures written by Paul are not contradictory to Acts, they are work of holly spirit.

If you do not agree, please disprove or contradict holly ghost from Acts 13:2-3

JerryMyers

OK mate I see where this may lead to, but can we first agree to provide valid biblical arguments?
personality, persona, person, you name the rest, English is not my native and there is no point to debate about grammar since this may distract from the essence, right?
This is not about grammar, mate, this is about the definition of the words used. ‘Personality’, ‘persona’, ‘person’ and what have you, all carry a different meaning. When you said ‘Father and the son as separate persons’, then, you are talking of 2 distinct persons, NOT 1 person with 2 personalities.

I did said "separate persons", by that In essence I mean the Father IS NOT the Son IS NOT Holly ghost, simple English.
Now here is my biblical argument for the underlined text above, underlined:
John 20:21-22 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me [Jesus], I am sending you.” And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.
Yes, but John 20:21-23 is also telling you God and Jesus are NOT one and the same being – the sender cannot be the one he is sending!

Next Jesus explicitly states that he must go away in order for holly ghost to be sent by him, therefore they are mutually exclusive because otherwise Jesus could fill the role of holly ghost for the same result:
John 16:7
But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

Jesus did not send the advocate/comforter/helper, Jesus, in saying he will send the advocate is the same as the Vice President in conveying a key message on behalf of the President will use the word ‘I’ in his address as if he's the President.

This can be proven easily as earlier in John 14:16, Jesus said, “And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever”. Clearly, Jesus DID NOT give or send the Comforter in its literal sense, BUT it was God who gave/sent the Comforter through Jesus.

But your argument must be that there is no word "person" or "personality" explicitly, then what should we do about this verse which further separates the Father?
Luke 11:13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?” If you do not agree, please provide biblical argument against the Father IS NOT the Son IS NOT Holly ghost

I KNOW Jesus is NOT God and God is NOT Jesus nor is Jesus the Holy Spirit, are you implying I do not know that, or are you agreeing that Jesus is NOT God??

btw., I'm not saying that the Father, the Son or Holly ghost is not "one", I'm saying they do not equal each other as the scriptures clearly show.
It is important to either first agree on this or biblically refute it, otherwise there is not point to continue, agree or biblically refute it, however you wish.
Yes, God and Jesus are NOT literally one and the same being, they are only one in purpose. Do you agree?? If not, can you biblically refute it?

Please read entire psalm 139, and you'll see the Lord is mentioned in verse 1 (not his spirit), the point being that psalms refers to both not just one.
Yes, I did read the entire Psalm 139. The Lord was mentioned because it was a prayer directly to God. So, why would ‘Lord’ NOT be mentioned in verse 1?? It’s only when Psalm 139 speaks about the omnipresence of God (Psalm 139:7-8), that ‘Spirit’ is mentioned which should tell you God’s Spirit is the extension of His Energy and Presence and that’s how God can be omnipresent.

In the very first beginning of the bible you can see mention of the Lord (the Father) and the "Spirit of God" (holly ghost) (or Lord's spirit as it is referred to in OT), I underlined:
Genesis 1:1-2 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
Obviously 2 "personas", if you do not agree, please provide valid biblical argument that contradicts this verse.

Yes, God created the heavens and the earth, and His Energy and His Presence were ‘hovering’ over the waters.

So what “2 personas” are you talking about?? What do you think Genesis 1:1-2 was saying?? That God and the Holy Spirit are 2 different entities?? If a man tells his son “Son, I cannot be with you on this trip, but my ‘spirit’ will always be with you’ – does that mean the man and his ‘spirit’ are separate and different entities???

No I didn't say that, holly ghosts as you can see is mentioned already in the very beginning of the scriptures, that same spirit is present in NT, it's just called by different names.
Otherwise I do not understand what are you trying to say here.
Let me put it in another way – who do you think Jesus was referring to when he spoke of ANOTHER advocate/comforter/helper who Jesus said will only come after his departure?? Was Jesus referring to the Holy Spirit or was he referring to ANOTHER man who when he arrived, will also be an advocate like Jesus himself was??

JerryMyers

Acts were written by Luke, which talk about Paul's apostolic mission.
ex. Acts 9 and Acts 13:2-3
Your argument that Paul is self proclaimed apostle (ex. Romans 1:1) holds no ground since, as you can see, he was chosen by Jesus and sent by Holly spirit, your claim implies that Holly Ghost made a mistake in Acts 13:2-3 which is a nonsense not recorded anywhere in the bible not even once.
Therefore scriptures written by Paul are not contradictory to Acts, they are work of holly spirit.
If you do not agree, please disprove or contradict holly ghost from Acts 13:2-3
Well, it is also a traditional view that Luke is a close companion of Paul, so, why would Luke’s Acts be contradictory to Paul’s writings?? Obviously, you can expect Luke’s writings (about Paul) to be greatly influenced by Paul himself. Likewise, do you expect a staunch supporter and close companion of Trump to write something contradictory to what Trump had said??

Acts 9 spoke of how Paul met ‘Jesus’ on that wilderness road to Damascus. However, the question is – did Paul meet the real Jesus, or did he meet an impostor ‘Jesus’?

Two main indicators tell us why Paul COULD NOT have met the real Jesus but he met an impostor ‘Jesus’ -

One - Jesus warned his disciples of deceivers and impostors who will come after he’s gone claiming they are the Messiah/Christ. There’s no record in the Bible or anywhere of anyone else who came after Jesus claiming he’s the Messiah/Christ EXCEPT that ‘Jesus’ whom Paul met.

Two - Jesus said this impostor will deceive many people. To deceive many people, you have to be highly influential with a dominant personality and Paul is such a man and this impostor ‘Jesus’ knew this and he chose Paul so that he can deceive many people through Paul and the rest is history.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Yes, but John 20:21-23 is also telling you God and Jesus are NOT one and the same being
You are contradicting scriptures: John 10:30
I and the Father are one.

This can be proven easily as earlier in John 14:16, Jesus said, “And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever”. Clearly, Jesus DID NOT give or send the Comforter in its literal sense, BUT it was God who gave/sent the Comforter through Jesus.
You're again contradicting the scriptures by saying that Jesus did not give holly spirit John 20:22:
And with that he breathed on them and said, Receive the Holy Spirit
I'm not saying here that holly spirit wasn't sent by God, I'm saying that it was sent by both: John 14:16 and John 20:22
conclusion: the Father and and the Son are one and holly spirit comes from father and son

I KNOW Jesus is NOT God and God is NOT Jesus nor is Jesus the Holy Spirit, are you implying I do not know that, or are you agreeing that Jesus is NOT God??
not an argument since, you're mixing terms with the aim to claim Jesus is not God.
It's "Jesus is not the father" rather than "Jesus is not God", Jesus (the Son) and the Father are God, again John 10:30

Yes, God created the heavens and the earth, and His Energy and His Presence were ‘hovering’ over the waters.
God's "energy" is your invention here, although I could agree that God's spirit (holly ghost) is God's "presence".

So what “2 personas” are you talking about?? What do you think Genesis 1:1-2 was saying?? That God and the Holy Spirit are 2 different entities??
Genesis 1:1-2 clearly talk about 2 non same occurrences of God.

Son, I cannot be with you on this trip, but my ‘spirit’ will always be with you’ – does that mean the man and his ‘spirit’ are separate and different entities???
Invalid comparison since this is a colloquial phrase which is to be understood as non-literal.

Let me put it in another way – who do you think Jesus was referring to when he spoke of ANOTHER advocate/comforter/helper who Jesus said will only come after his departure?? Was Jesus referring to the Holy Spirit or was he referring to ANOTHER man who when he arrived, will also be an advocate like Jesus himself was??
Entire NT (after Jesus, thus excluding gospels) talks about holly ghost and his works rather than another man.

Well, it is also a traditional view that Luke is a close companion of Paul, so, why would Luke’s Acts be contradictory to Paul’s writings?? Obviously, you can expect Luke’s writings (about Paul) to be greatly influenced by Paul himself.
Now it is not enough for you to bring Paul into question, you go one step further and bring Luke into question.
Go ahead and bring gospels into question as well, bring into question Jesus himself as well.

JerryMyers

You are contradicting scriptures: John 10:30
I and the Father are one.
You are the one contradicting the scriptures if you think Jesus is implying he’s God when he said “I and my father are one”.

Consider the time when Jesus prayed to God for his disciples –

.“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and i am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they be one AS WE ARE ONE— I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that YOU SENT ME and have loved them even as you have loved me” – John 17:20-23.

Jesus’ words ‘that they be one AS WE ARE ONE’ in the above passage is a direct reference to his words in John 10:30 “I and my Father are one.
So, if we were to adopt your understanding, then we have to believe Jesus was praying to God to make all his disciples Gods too because he asked God to make his disciples as one just as he and his Father are one !!

See how ridiculous the scriptures can be when Trinitarians try to tailor-fit their man-made doctrine of trinity into the scriptures??

You're again contradicting the scriptures by saying that Jesus did not give holly spirit John 20:22:
And with that he breathed on them and said, Receive the Holy Spirit
I'm not saying here that holly spirit wasn't sent by God, I'm saying that it was sent by both: John 14:16 and John 20:22
conclusion: the Father and and the Son are one and holly spirit comes from father and son

You skipped 1 verse earlier (John 20:21) where Jesus said “Peace be with you! “As the Father has sent me, I am sending you”.

In other words, it’s God who sent His Holy Spirit through His prophet, Jesus. The Holy Spirit can only come from God because it’s God’s Spirit. You are confused because you did not understand what Jesus was saying when he said “I and my Father are one”.

not an argument since, you're mixing terms with the aim to claim Jesus is not God.
It's "Jesus is not the father" rather than "Jesus is not God", Jesus (the Son) and the Father are God, again John 10:30

The words ‘Father’ and ‘God’ are synonymous with Jesus. You think Jesus was NOT referring to God when he spoke of ‘my Father’?? Again you are confused because you did not understand what Jesus was saying when he said “I and my Father are one”.

God's "energy" is your invention here, although I could agree that God's spirit (holly ghost) is God's "presence".
It’s not my invention. If you can feel someone’s presence around you, it means that someone’s energy is around you. Likewise, if you can feel God’s presence around you, it means God’s Energy is around you.

Genesis 1:1-2 clearly talk about 2 non same occurrences of God.
The main theme of Genesis 1:1-2 is about creation by the One and Only True God, NOT by 2 or 3 Gods.

Invalid comparison since this is a colloquial phrase which is to be understood as non-literal.
If you think that is a non-literal, what makes you think John 10:30 “I and my Father are one” is NOT??

Entire NT (after Jesus, thus excluding gospels) talks about holly ghost and his works rather than another man.
You are NOT answering my question. I asked you – “who do you think Jesus was referring to when he spoke of ANOTHER advocate/comforter/helper who Jesus said will only come after his departure?”. I DID NOT ask you “where else was the Holy Spirit mentioned in the scripture?”.

Now it is not enough for you to bring Paul into question, you go one step further and bring Luke into question.
Go ahead and bring gospels into question as well, bring into question Jesus himself as well.
Actually, the gospels, or to be more specific, the words of Jesus in the gospels, are NOT in question, it’s your understanding of Jesus’ words in the gospel that are in question.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I suppose some Christians now accept that animals have a soul. Although, just like existence of God, the existence of souls also is without any evidence.
OTOH, theist Hindus (I am an atheist Hindu) believe that all living beings have souls, even vegetation.
That is why in the legend of the Pious Butcher, the butcher tells the brahmin who was sent to him for learning 'dharma' that violence is committed even when one eats plant-based food. (Dharma Vyadha, Vyadha Gita, SrimadBhagawat Purana).

I believe God ahs told me that animals do not have souls. I believe there is no direct evidence that anything Hindu comes from God.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
You are the one contradicting the scriptures if you think Jesus is implying he’s God when he said “I and my father are one”.
No man you're again wrong and in contradiction because the continuation of John 10:30 is clear, read John 10:30-36 below (I underlined crucial so that you see better):

30 The Father and I are one.”

31 The Jews again picked up rocks to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from my Father. For which of these are you trying to stone me?” 33 The Jews answered him, “We are not stoning you for a good work but for blasphemy. You, a man, are making yourself God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods”’? 35 If it calls them gods to whom the word of God came, and scripture cannot be set aside, 36 can you say that the one whom the Father has consecrated and sent into the world blasphemes because I said,I am the Son of God’?

Jesus obviously said "I'm the Son of God" at some point earlier and in this context equated him self with God in verse 30, so Jews wanted to stone him because this means being God which in their eyes was blasphemy.
See how easy it is to get wrong when you take stuff out of context heh?

Jesus’ words ‘that they be one AS WE ARE ONE’ in the above passage is a direct reference to his words in John 10:30I and my Father are one.
There is no direct reference here, John 10:30 is Jesus debating with Pharisees (like explained above), proclaiming here he is the Son of God and equating him self with God, while your quote from John 17:20-23. is Jesus' prayer to the Father not for his disciples like you said, but rather to everyone willing to follow Jesus.
The point is not to make everyone God like you claim, but rather the living body of church.

You skipped 1 verse earlier (John 20:21) where Jesus said “Peace be with you! “As the Father has sent me, I am sending you”.

In other words, it’s God who sent His Holy Spirit through His prophet, Jesus.
I already showed you a verse where Jesus said "I'm the Son of God" and where Pharisees wanted to stone him for equating him self with God by that, therefore you're again wrong by saying Jesus is just a "prophet" rather that God.
You're also mixing unrelated here, because in John 20:21 Jesus is sending disciples to be apostles and is giving them holly spirit in John 20:22 to guide them.
verse 22 clearly states Jesus gave them holly spirit, so what issue do you have with that verse except that you do not like this fact?

It’s not my invention. If you can feel someone’s presence around you, it means that someone’s energy is around you
simply put some ones "energy" is witchcraft because there is no such thing.

If you think that is a non-literal, what makes you think John 10:30I and my Father are one” is NOT??
John 10:30 is literal whether you like it or not.

You are NOT answering my question. I asked you – “who do you think Jesus was referring to when he spoke of ANOTHER advocate/comforter/helper
I gave you an answer which is the holly spirit, John 20:22 again confirms this.

Actually, the gospels, or to be more specific, the words of Jesus in the gospels, are NOT in question, it’s your understanding of Jesus’ words in the gospel that are in question.

My understanding is so far argumented with verses that you do not like because it defeats your non biblical POW.