• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To creative beginners...

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I dunno. As a beginner my work was great. Well, maybe not great, but good. Well, maybe not good, but passable. Well, maybe not passable, but ...ohhell, I'm going to go hang myself.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I dunno. As a beginner my work was great. Well, maybe not great, but good. Well, maybe not good, but passable. Well, maybe not passable, but ...ohhell, I'm going to go hang myself.
That reminds me of Statler and Waldorf: "That was great! It was wonderful! Well, it was pretty good. It wasn't bad. I didn't really like it. Not very good at all. It was terrible, awful, BOO BOOO!!"

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
There seems to be a lot more people who think everything they create is wonderful, just by virtue that they created it. I wonder if they lovingly admire every poop they drop in the toilet.

People who are any good at anything tend to never be satisfied with their own progress.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
There seems to be a lot more people who think everything they create is wonderful, just by virtue that they created it. I wonder if they lovingly admire every poop they drop in the toilet.

People who are any good at anything tend to never be satisfied with their own progress.
From my experiences, I like to take photos, everything I do is crap. But the crap gets a little better each time.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
From my experiences, I like to take photos, everything I do is crap. But the crap gets a little better each time.

Protip: The secret to taking good photographs is massive volume, and cherry-picking the rare few that are good. You're welcome.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Very little is good. It's sometimes better than expected, more often just adequate and occasionally only fit for scrap.

That's why, of just over one hundred billion people that have ever lived, perhaps 0.1% of them are remembered for their creative work.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
I started writing a story for funsies back in high school, but took an unanticipated several-year hiatus. I found it again and decided to continue with it.

I then had to rewrite more than half of it because of how damn cringe-worthy it was. GOD DAMN my writing back then was garbage... I just hope it's slightly less garbage now.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
That reminds me of Statler and Waldorf: "That was great! It was wonderful! Well, it was pretty good. It wasn't bad. I didn't really like it. Not very good at all. It was terrible, awful, BOO BOOO!!"

Yep, pretty much my outlook on my stuff...

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I hate my old work cause when I look back at it I know I can do better now and the only goal I have is to top my last piece. Yeah some the work looks good buy it's the journey to better myself at my craft that is the gold I seek.

Craig Sedok

Strike a pose. To me the world has become glitz and glamour, shake and bake to catch the eye. I no longer watch it. I prefer old movies to this snappy era.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Protip: The secret to taking good photographs is massive volume, and cherry-picking the rare few that are good. You're welcome.
Exactly that! I take 100 pictures, and I feel great if a few of them are good enough to keep. For every picture I put in my media album here, there were probably a dozen pictures of the same thing that didn't make it, and dozens more of things that for whatever reason were deleted rather than displayed.