• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question To Christians

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
NOTE NOT A DEBATE SECTION

This thread is also aimed at mostly christians but anyone can participate if they feel they have something of value to add

I am not a christian. But I do respect y'all Christ. I don't believe in Christianity and the bible is irrelevant to me in most regards as I dont believe in it. I see the stories in the bible like i see the myths about my gods- as myths nothing more meant to teach you lessons. The deities in them are real and are different aspects of the Divine which shows itself in whatever form it feels you would connect to best. The rules and commandments in the bible are just guidance that that religion holds and are flawed as it was written by men.

Lately I've felt a drawn to Christ. I don't want to worship him not really. But I do respect him. I've given him offerings which lay on my altar. I haven't prayed to him much but I have a few times.

I was just curious what do y'all feel in regards to a nonchristian honoring your Christ? And what do you think your god thinks of it? Personally I think if a deity is truly caring of everyone it matters not the religion that person comes from the deity probably doesnt mind it if someone not of the religion they tend to be associated with honors them. But i thought I'd ask what Christians think of this.

Imma tag @metis and @KenS cuz i know they are Christians.

Last edited:

74x12

This thread is also aimed at mostly christians but anyone can participate if they feel they have something of value to add

I am not a christian. But I do respect y'all Christ. I don't believe in Christianity and the bible is irrelevant to me in most regards as I dont believe in it. I see the stories in the bible like i see the myths about my gods- as myths nothing more meant to teach you lessons. The deities in them are real and are different aspects of the Divine which shows itself in whatever form it feels you would connect to best. The rules and commandments in the bible are just guidance that that religion holds and are flawed as it was written by men.

Lately I've felt a drawn to Christ. I don't want to worship him not really. But I do respect him. I've given him offerings which lay on my altar. I haven't prayed to him much but I have a few times.

I was just curious what do y'all feel in regards to a nonchristian honoring your Christ? And what do think your god thinks of it? Personally I think if a deity is truly caring of everyone it matters not the religion that person comes from the deity probably doesnt mind it if someone not of the religion they tend to be associated with honors them. But i thought I'd ask what Christians think of this.

In my belief; no one is drawn to him unless God draws them. He's drawing you. It's of the Lord. What you do with it is up to you.

Yes, pray to him any time.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

I was just curious what do y'all feel in regards to a nonchristian honoring your Christ? And what do think your god thinks of it? Personally I think if a deity is truly caring of everyone it matters not the religion that person comes from the deity probably doesnt mind it if someone not of the religion they tend to be associated with honors them. But i thought I'd ask what Christians think of this.

I would agree with 74x!2. The Holy Spirit always reaches out to us regardless of who we are, what we have done and, imv, what we believe.

He really isn't seeking worship. He loves a relationship. He simply reaches for the heart.

Too many times religion says "you need to be 'THIS' before you can come to God" but that isn't the message that Jesus gave. His message is "I will come to you" and then He did.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
images.jpeg

VoidCat

(Shrugs)
I'd never turn back to mainstream Christianity.
I think my Christian witch friend is influencing me a bit. And no to everyone who reads this I don't want to discuss how being a christian witch works. I don't know it's not my path.

But the way my friend honors Christ and yet respects other deities(she only worships Christ tho) and describes her God is nice. She has a very similar view of christ to Gnostics yet isn't really Gnostic.

I also feel drawn to him for other reasons i don't wish to get into. All I'll say is he seems to be calling me to respect him. But not really anything more then that at this moment.

In general it's not really Christianity that's drawing me. Its Jesus. And if i were to worship him it wouldn't be Christianity as I'd never leave my other gods. It'd likely be a syncretic religion like christopaganism. Which isn't really paganism or Christianity but a mix of the two. I'd probably mix Gnostic elements in it. Or I'd take a leaf from my friends book and go with christian witchcraft. But at this moment I am not drawn to worship him not really. Nor do I wish to. Just respect him and honor him

If that's a trap so be it. I'll say like I always have I'd accept help from anyone who I believe can help me and offers it. So far im wary of Jesus but due to how different I view him then Christians I have a lot of respect for him. I don't plan on worshipping him but I do have a soft spot and want to honor him.

Last edited:

VoidCat

In my belief; no one is drawn to him unless God draws them. He's drawing you. It's of the Lord. What you do with it is up to you.

Yes, pray to him any time.
I have similar views to deities calling folk.

VoidCat

I would agree with 74x!2. The Holy Spirit always reaches out to us regardless of who we are, what we have done and, imv, what we believe.

He really isn't seeking worship. He loves a relationship. He simply reaches for the heart.

Too many times religion says "you need to be 'THIS' before you can come to God" but that isn't the message that Jesus gave. His message is "I will come to you" and then He did.
Interesting view. I'll keep it in mind.

VoidCat

@74x12 and @KenS

I told a group of Christians online i painted your god a statue of a duck/chicken. I'm not sure which it is some kind of baby bird. Left it on my altar. I might post a picture of it on this thread later on its 2 am here. Your god didn't seem too bothered by it or at least he didn't strike me with lightening or anything and as y'all know im a nonchristian. So offerings arent a problem for me like it might be to some Christians. And most Christians I asked about it in real life and on other sites didn't seem to mind most of them pretty much said Jesus would know I am a nonchristian and Jesus probably would enjoy the thought behind it that someone was thinking of him and wanted to respect him. But this group of Christians on this site I'm talking about seemed bothered by it. And refused to explain why just saying that's not how it works don't do that. Do y'all know why? Could y'all explain?

Last edited:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

I was just curious what do y'all feel in regards to a nonchristian honoring your Christ? And what do you think your god thinks of it? Personally I think if a deity is truly caring of everyone it matters not the religion that person comes from the deity probably doesnt mind it if someone not of the religion they tend to be associated with honors them. But i thought I'd ask what Christians think of this.

Reminds me of Mark 9:

"John said to him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he was not following us.” But Jesus said, “Do not stop him; for no one who does a deed of power in my name will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me. Whoever is not against us is for us. For truly I tell you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you bear the name of Christ will by no means lose the reward."

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Well, a person who voluntarily pays Church tax to a Christian state church my opinion as believer in unitarian universalism God can handle diversity.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
I've given him offerings which lay on my altar.

Dear RayofLight,

One honours Christ best by following his example.

I’d say, read the gospels and try to put Christ’s actions into practice in your own daily life; see what happens.

How does it feel?
Where does the ego push back the most? How does it affect the ego of those you interact with?
How do the outcomes change?
Over time, how does it change your own views and approach to situations and other people?

The beauty in following Christ is that it works - it gives you (and those in your presence) what it says that it will: the “happiness” of inner peace and knowing who “you” truly are.

Humbly
Hermit

VoidCat

Reminds me of Mark 9:

"John said to him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he was not following us.” But Jesus said, “Do not stop him; for no one who does a deed of power in my name will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me. Whoever is not against us is for us. For truly I tell you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you bear the name of Christ will by no means lose the reward."
I forgot about that verse!
Thanks for bringing it back to my attention.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
@74x12 and @KenS

I told a group of Christians online i painted your god a statue of a duck/chicken. I'm not sure which it is some kind of baby bird. Left it on my altar. I might post a picture of it on this thread later on its 2 am here. Your god didn't seem too bothered by it or at least he didn't strike me with lightening or anything and as y'all know im a nonchristian. So offerings arent a problem for me like it might be to some Christians. And most Christians I asked about it in real life and on other sites didn't seem to mind most of them pretty much said Jesus would know I am a nonchristian and Jesus probably would enjoy the thought behind it that someone was thinking of him and wanted to respect him. But this group of Christians on this site I'm talking about seemed bothered by it. And refused to explain why just saying that's not how it works don't do that. Do y'all know why? Could y'all explain?

Ray, i think Romans 14 explains this.

Everybody is on a different level of commitment and faith. You have babies that act differently than youth that act differently than adults. And, sometimes, we have adult that are still in diapers because they never grew up. People react differently because they are at different levels.

So let's look at this with eyes of love:

Jesus was quoted by John saying " 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

:) He isn't out there trying to zap people with lightning :) Saul was actually anti-Christian and God didn't zap him thought legally He might have had the right to do so according to the Law. Instead, He reached his heart and said (my paraphrase) - "I am going to change your name and call you Paul because I have completely changed you from the inside into what you are suppose to be--your past is absolved and now you are a new person".

What made that happen? Paul said, NKJV Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?

He is trying to capture our hearts and He does it through mercy and grace.

Certainly, when our hearts are totally His, we would react differently than we do now.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Everybody is on a different level of commitment and faith. You have babies that act differently than youth that act differently than adults. And, sometimes, we have adult that are still in diapers because they never grew up. People react differently because they are at different levels.

Jesus was quoted by John saying " 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

:) He isn't out there trying to zap people with lightning :) Saul was actually anti-Christian and God didn't zap him thought legally He might have had the right to do so according to the Law. Instead, He reached his heart and said (my paraphrase) - "I am going to change your name and call you Paul because I have completely changed you from the inside into what you are suppose to be--your past is absolved and now you are a new person".

What made that happen? Paul said, NKJV Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?

Certainly, when our hearts are totally His, we would react differently than we do now.

Well, I like being an "adult in diapers" and I do believe my version of a Christian God can handle that. But that is my belief, as one that voluntarily pays church taxes to a Christian state church.

VoidCat

So should i have not painted him the duck/chicken?o_O
I mean like I said I aint a christian I just thought he might appreciate it.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
(Shrugs)
I'd never turn back to mainstream Christianity.
I think my Christian witch friend is influencing me a bit. And no to everyone who reads this I don't want to discuss how being a christian witch works. I don't know it's not my path.

But the way my friend honors Christ and yet respects other deities(she only worships Christ tho) and describes her God is nice. She has a very similar view of christ to Gnostics yet isn't really Gnostic.

I also feel drawn to him for other reasons i don't wish to get into. All I'll say is he seems to be calling me to respect him. But not really anything more then that at this moment.

In general it's not really Christianity that's drawing me. Its Jesus. And if i were to worship him it wouldn't be Christianity as I'd never leave my other gods. It'd likely be a syncretic religion like christopaganism. Which isn't really paganism or Christianity but a mix of the two. I'd probably mix Gnostic elements in it. Or I'd take a leaf from my friends book and go with christian witchcraft. But at this moment I am not drawn to worship him not really. Nor do I wish to. Just respect him and honor him

If that's a trap so be it. I'll say like I always have I'd accept help from anyone who I believe can help me and offers it. So far im wary of Jesus but due to how different I view him then Christians I have a lot of respect for him. I don't plan on worshipping him but I do have a soft spot and want to honor him.

Much of what Jesus said is beautiful. It's not his fault that religions made his ideas into something else. People generally like Jesus, but do not like many of his worshipers. His followers tend to be a little more like him, however. I like Jesus too, but I am not interested in Christianity.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Yes it's a trap that brings one to abundant life. We should all want to be trapped there

That's not how it worked for me. I ended up more miserable and empty then I ever was. Glad that path worked for you.

My path is mine to walk, and fulfills my needs :)