• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To christians

Renji

By that, I am referring to Non denominationalists, Baptist, Pentecostals and Born Again Christians. How would you identify a 'healthy' church? I consider myself agnostic but I've been attending a church lately, for curiosity's sake and the hope that the questions I have in mind about a lot of things will be answered. I've heard a lot of christians talking about 'abusive' or 'unhealthy churches'. how would you identify then which is healthy or non- abusive and which is not? Thanks! :)

Princeps Eugenius

By that, I am referring to Non denominationalists, Baptist, Pentecostals and Born Again Christians. How would you identify a 'healthy' church? I consider myself agnostic but I've been attending a church lately, for curiosity's sake and the hope that the questions I have in mind about a lot of things will be answered. I've heard a lot of christians talking about 'abusive' or 'unhealthy churches'. how would you identify then which is healthy or non- abusive and which is not? Thanks! :)
the only church i went to was a really happy place, people were singing and hugged eachother. it was a nice experience. the other churches i attended were for ceremonies such as baptism and marriage but those times were boring.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
First thing would to be aware if there is a box of rattlesnakes
being passed around.
That'd be a good clue to exit post haste.

Thana

Lady

To be perfectly honest, there is no completely 'healthy' church out there.
You just gotta be mature enough to perceive it and take the good with the bad.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Jesus gave as healthy ID a brotherhood showing self-sacrificing love - 2 Corinthians 5:15 - as the hallmark of the spiritually healthy global Christian Congregation. - John 13:34-35

Gospel writer Luke wrote forewarning that there would be false shepherds - Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30
Also, in Matthew chapter 7 Jesus forewarned that MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false by their bad fruitage.