• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To Blaspheme or not to Blaspheme?

Select the ones that agree with you

• 01: Muslims who kill over blasphemy (draw picture Muhammad) act wrong

• 02: I don't agree with such Muslim Blasphemy Laws

• 03: Such Muslim Blasphemy Laws violate human rights

• 04: I agree with Macron fighting against (religious) extremism

• 05: All should be free to draw Muhammad if they want

• 06: Muslims who kill over blasphemy (draw picture Muhammad) don't act wrong

• 07: I agree with such Muslim Blasphemy Laws

• 08:Such Muslim Blasphemy Laws don't violate human rights

• 09: I don't agree with Macron fighting against (religious) extremism

• 10: All should not be free to draw Muhammad if they want

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
My understanding of those radical muslims are that they get provoced to a degree that make them act out in voilence. I do not know, but maybe they feel their action is the only solution in todays society.
I believe non action would be better.

I'm sorry, but what you wrote above sounds like what an abuser says to try and excuse their abuse. I don't care what words or images a person might use to provoke their spouse, it can never rise to the degree where physical violence or murder is justified. Your words might provoke me, but they can never MAKE me react with violence... how I react to being provoked is 100% on me, no matter how hurtful I might find your words to be.

And we ALL have to hold people responsible for how they choose to react to mere words or images. Even if I completely understand why a group is upset by what someone said and would completely support them speaking out against what what said, I would NEVER condone them reacting with violence and would never excuse their violent behavior by suggestion that they were somehow MADE to react violently. We all have to stand up against radical violence, otherwise any group that decides it will react violently to anything said that offends them will effectively be able to silence the rest of society. It's the only way a free and civilized society can function.
As i said, i do not support the extremists, their view is wrong, their action toward others are wrong. All i can do is to denounce their way of practice, and do my best to practice the religious correctly.

QuestioningMind

As i said, i do not support the extremists, their view is wrong, their action toward others are wrong. All i can do is to denounce their way of practice, and do my best to practice the religious correctly.

Then hopefully you'll agree that it was wrong to suggest that a mere image somehow MADE these people react with violence. They can't use that as an excuse. They decided for themselves how they would react.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Another attack, now in Austria, next to France

I am not surprised after I heard the past few days a few prominent Muslims (Erdogan, Pakistan PM, Malaysia former PM) glorifying hatred

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Macron has now a target on his head. Al-Qaeda is now threatening to attack the French President and says that "killing anyone who insults the Prophet is the right of every Muslim" (from below video, 00:30-00:40)