• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To become irreligious: a paradigm shift.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

so i recently learned that particles are nothing but oscillations in quantum field theory. so there is no wave/particle duality in the field.

in the future, i suspect that sound will be used more and more often as a medical treatment.

music of the spheres

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I have lost faith that I was right in my religious beliefs. I will continue exploring religion and keep developing my beliefs.
I understand that. Your version of Christianity was very, for lack of a better word, niche. So I can understand questioning the version of it you were brought up with. But I don't see the need to toss the baby with the bathwater, especially if you haven't lost faith in God and Jesus. Maybe explore explore different forms of Christianity.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well... you do understand you're speaking for yourself here, right? I mean, for my purposes, I can thinking of plenty of reasons to just throw out God and Jesus altogether. I mean... I have, time and time and time again, as people continue to thrust either of them in my face and ask "what is wrong?" that I don't believe.
I'm talking to the OP about what is going on with him, not about me or you.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
I understand that. Your version of Christianity was very, for lack of a better word, niche. So I can understand questioning the version of it you were brought up with. But I don't see the need to toss the baby with the bathwater, especially if you haven't lost faith in God and Jesus. Maybe explore explore different forms of Christianity.
I do intend on rereading the Bible once more. I'll be trying to have an objective view on it, rather than reading it as the literal word of God.

RestlessSoul

Re-reading Genesis cured me of Christianity.

Genesis isn’t really a key Christian text though, is it? It’s not as if it’s even referenced that much in the Gospels.

Apart from the opening verses being reflected in the opening verses of John’s Gospel, that is.

A Vestigial Mote

No, I was talking to him and you butted in. Nice, right? :rolleyes: I was asking him about his situation and giving some advice.
Correct, I "butted" (via text in an internet forum) in. And? Should I be judging myself for that like you do, do you think? Because, unfortunately for your little eye-roll emoji, I simply don't.

Also, I don't see much in the way of "advice" in the post I responded to:
Saint Frankenstein said:
I don't see the need to throw out God and Jesus altogether. I'm not sure why you are, and you're even talking about how you think God was there for you in life. You just seem to be upsetting yourself.
Is the advice, "don't upset yourself?" Or is the advice "God was there for you, don't give up on Him yet?" You gave your opinion, told the OP you weren't sure yourself why they would make the choices they are making (super helpful that bit), and then blamed their being upset on themselves.

Got any more eye-rolls for me? I find them adorable.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Correct, I "butted" (via text in an internet forum) in. And? Should I be judging myself for that like you do, do you think? Because, unfortunately for your little eye-roll emoji, I simply don't.

Also, I don't see much in the way of "advice" in the post I responded to:
Is the advice, "don't upset yourself?" Or is the advice "God was there for you, don't give up on Him yet?" You gave your opinion, told the OP you weren't sure yourself why they would make the choices they are making (super helpful that bit), and then blamed their being upset on themselves.

Got any more eye-rolls for me? I find them adorable.
Nah, but I have a place on my ignore list for you. Enjoy it, and take your attitude problem with you. :)

syo

Religion is a long journey. It took me 20 years to finally understand religion. And the journey was hurting A LOT.

syo

I still do not understand religion and it hurts a lot sometimes, but not always.
But I think it is worth every penny of suffering.
The biggest hurting was abandoning Jesus. Twenty years without Jesus, who I loved as a kid. Now, I'm reading the bible again and I feel returning to Jesus.