• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To be or not to be…

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Mutual respect and support can happen when we don't take religion too seriously.

IMO, for respect across religions to happen, religion needs to be seen as optional... as a hobby, basically.

You can't appreciate the garden someone made if the whole time you're looking at it, you're thinking about how it's a "sin" that they spent their time doing that instead of playing baseball as God intended.

Among my family and close friends, there are those who are very religious. They take their religion very seriously. As do I. Others are not religious at all. It does not matter. We remain loyal to each other not because of worldviews or religion, but because we have earned each others’ trust, love and respect. I pity those who have not established such connections in their lives.

Politics is the same way. Vote for whoever you want. Express whatever politics you want. I won’t hold it against someone who is loyal to me.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
To be or not to be a Christian… for the day of thanksgiving. that is the question.

Well I’m not sure what I believe, but tomorrow for thanksgiving when I’m with the family I must have an answer, if the topic comes up. “I don’t know” or “I have no previous experience which allows me to make an educated assertion on the matter of God” will be taken the wrong way. If I say that that means I’m going to hell, in my family’s eyes.

Me and my partner were talking about whether we should act like Christians tomorrow to simplify things. What do you think?
So what did you decide and how did it go?