• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To any Atheists, I Have a Few Scenarios for you to Look At.

DarkSun

:eltiT
The objective of science is to take proposed theories and attempt to poke holes in them by finding contradictory evidence. The theory lasts as long as no holes are found. The problem with finding "holes" in religious beliefs is generally there is no observational data that can be reasonably obtained, since much of the "theories" are not based in this world, but in some hypothetical afterlife, or hell. That's why religion has been taken over so much by con-persons, they cannnot be proven wrong.

:facepalm:

sky cake

if a religion that is based on faith offers proof, then it was never based on faith. if a follower of a god/religion that is based on a personal relationship with that god, only offers indocternation, and the end result is many diffrent belifes and no unity in dogma, then the conculsion is that men are leading men, not being gided from the beyond. if you feel that by me not being able to prove to you that god does not exist, that somehow that makes the argument that god is real, you are mistaken.
hiding behind the ideal that god is mystical, or hidden, in a revilled world is foolish. what does god have to hide? when jesus and thor are both validated by "belife" only, you should see your porblem. needing god/or gods, and there really being gods are vastly diffrent things

IndigoStorm

Nooooooooo Dark, you haven't insulted anyone. You are fully entitled to your opinion vis-a-vis God . Can the believer prove there is a God? No. Can the atheist prove there is no God? No.

It is something you feel/experience inside yourself. If you believe God exists then he does. If you believe he does not exist then he doesn't.

Why do we constantly have to attempt to convince each other of our belief? Is it to keep Forums like RF up and running?

DarkSun

:eltiT
Guys, if you could kindly read the previous eighty pages (if not, then the last ten or twenty), you would find that this discussion has already taken place, and come to a conclusion. I see no point in having the same discussion again.

Kind regards,
SolOscura.

Commoner

Headache
Guys, if you could kindly read the previous eighty pages (if not, then the last ten or twenty), you would find that this discussion has already taken place, and come to a conclusion. I see no point in having the same discussion again.

Kind regards,
SolOscura.

This^

Anyone making arguments that have already been made will get a spanking. :sorry1:

And btw, DarkSun - you're sooooooo WRONG! :D

Pure-Truth

This^

Anyone making arguments that have already been made will get a spanking. :sorry1:

And btw, DarkSun - you're sooooooo WRONG! :D
I second that..:D
Wait! What was the scenario again?

Oh? Err~ let me get back on that one then, when pigs fly..

Cheers,

Pete..