• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To all Creationist/Geocentrist/Flat earthist

Atomist

I love you.
No; we're just ugly giant bags of mostly water. :D
technically no... anymore than calling a soda water would be valid. The fact that we're made up of mostly Hydrogen and Oxygen (and carbon) atoms in molecular form doesn't mean that we're made up of water because water is made up of Hydrogen and Oxygen. Or else when you ask for water I could just give you hydrogen peroxide or Hydrogen and Oxygen gas and be like.... it's water.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Oh I see , you were talking about Evolution of Universe

Yeah, I've seen all those arguments before and they're just as unconvincing as ever.

It's so vague you can make it seem to mean anything. Back when phlogiston was the main theory of fire I'm sure Muslims could have said "Aha, the smoke clearly refers to phlogiston!"

No -- it says "smoke." That's too vague to go about saying that it's nebulae or the quark-gluon plasma or anything. You're just falling prey to the Forer Effect.

If Allah wanted to tell us how the universe was created I doubt he would be foolish enough to use such nebulous descriptions. (Pun intended)

Why couldn't Allah have just said, "The sun and earth are made from cosmic dust from a previous sun?" What's hard to understand about that? Isn't that a pretty important fact that Allah might have wanted people to know if he was indeed trying to tell us how things were created?

But no... he just says "smoke." I don't mean to sound too incredulous but really... give me a break! I think Muslims who rely on this "science in scripture" nonsense are doing more harm than good because it makes the whole thing look extremely foolish, and that's not a personal insult to anyone -- I'm just saying it looks bad on Islam. Really bad.

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist
Yeah, I've seen all those arguments before and they're just as unconvincing as ever.

It's so vague you can make it seem to mean anything. Back when phlogiston was the main theory of fire I'm sure Muslims could have said "Aha, the smoke clearly refers to phlogiston!"

No -- it says "smoke." That's too vague to go about saying that it's nebulae or the quark-gluon plasma or anything. You're just falling prey to the Forer Effect.

If Allah wanted to tell us how the universe was created I doubt he would be foolish enough to use such nebulous descriptions. (Pun intended)

Why couldn't Allah have just said, "The sun and earth are made from cosmic dust from a previous sun?" What's hard to understand about that? Isn't that a pretty important fact that Allah might have wanted people to know if he was indeed trying to tell us how things were created?

But no... he just says "smoke." I don't mean to sound too incredulous but really... give me a break! I think Muslims who rely on this "science in scripture" nonsense are doing more harm than good because it makes the whole thing look extremely foolish, and that's not a personal insult to anyone -- I'm just saying it looks bad on Islam. Really bad.
The Quranic word Dokhan (smoke) is more accurate

Dr. Loretta Dunne from Cardiff University, who led A team of UK astronomers says: "Cosmic dust consists of tiny particles of solid material floating around in the space between the stars. It is not the same as house dust but more akin to cigarette smoke."

smoke%202.jpg

A particle of cosmic dust. It is not the same as house dust but more akin to cigarette smoke

Last edited:

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist
O.K. well people aren't made of water, so there's your first mistake.

[/B] Neither are the animals.

First every living-thing is made out of water

Human bodies are 60-70 percent water

Body water - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Or clay. That's a twofer--mistake + contradiction.

When the human body is examined today, many elements present on the earth are also discovered to be found in the human body. Living tissues contain 95% carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus and sulphur, with a total of 26 different elements.

Source :The origin of creation : clay & water !

Say what? Are you saying people were created from their tailbones, and tailbones don't decompose? That's two mistakes right there.

coccyx.jpg

The Coccyx is the last bone in the vertebral column

Stages of foetus formation:

When the sperm fecundate the ovule, foetus formation starts. The fecundated ovule or the zygote divides into 2 cells, and each cell divides into another 2 cells. Cells division and growth continue until the formation of the embryonic disk that contains 2 layers:
External “Epiblast”: contains the cytotrophoblasts that fix the embryo in the uterus wall and enable its nutrition from the blood and the secretions of the glands of the uterus wall.
Internal “Hypoblast”: From which the foetus is formed with the Will of Allah The Almighty. On the day15 the primitive streakappears in the dorsal aspect of the embryo with a pointed end called the primitive node.

The side on which the primitive streak appears is known as the back of the embryonic disc. From the primitive streak and node all the foetus tissues and organs are formed as follows:
The Ectoderm: gives the skin and the central nervous system
The Mesoderm: gives the digestive tract smooth muscles, the skeletal muscles, the circulation system, the heart, the bones the sexual and urinary systems (except the bladder), the subcutaneous tissues, the lymphatic system, the spleen and the cortex.
The Endoderm: the linings of the digestive tract and the respiratory system, the organs related to the digestive tract (ex: liver and pancreas), the bladder, the thyroid gland, the hearing canal.

After that, the primitive streak and node become emaciated and reside in the sacral zone, in the last vertebrae, so that the coccyx is formed.

Therefore, the primitive streak and the primitive node represent the coccyx that the prophet (PBUH) told us about.(1)

e1c267c32de509a042a23c1696ae0d60.jpeg

the primitive streak and node become emaciated and reside in the sacral zone, in the last vertebrae, so that the coccyx is formed

source :The Coccyx

Someone who knows nothing about Biology?
:rolleyes:

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist

First of all , if a person claims 1400 years ago that universe is made up of cosmic dust( we cant see dust/smoke in sky ,and this claim could be laughable at that time), none would had believed in Quran , they would think that this person is making crazy claims and furthermore these 'scientific words' you are talking about didn't even exist at that time.

Secondly ,what most people don't understand that Quran is a very complex language ,if a illiterate persons reads a verse ,he will take its meaning in a different way ,but if a person with knowledge of science will read it, he could clearly see the scientific signs mentioned in Quran

Thirdly ,The Qur’an is a book of God but it has to be interpreted by humans. Human limitations cause it to be interpreted differently. How could there be a book that everyone could understand clearly without making correct attempt to do so

These are the reasons what I could think of but the rest Allah Swt knows the best

p.s there is tons of verses related to astronomy I just Quoted a few

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
First of all , if a person claims 1400 years ago that universe is made up of cosmic dust( we cant see dust/smoke in sky ,and this claim could be laughable at that time), none would had believed in Quran , they would think that this person is making crazy claims and furthermore these 'scientific words' you are talking about didn't even exist at that time.

LOL... so the Quran can talk about jinns and creating the world from smoke and people would believe that? But it can't say there were 2 suns before our sun and earth? I think that's a poor excuse.

Secondly ,what most people don't understand that Quran is a very complex language ,if a illiterate persons reads a verse ,he will take its meaning in a different way ,but if a person with knowledge of science will read it, he could clearly see the scientific signs mentioned in Quran

So why did Allah write it so vaguely if it's easy to misinterpret when it could have simply been written more clearly and concisely?

It's because there is no science in the Quran. People have taken vague passages from holy books and claimed that it's really referring to science for a while now; it's called the Forer Effect to misinterpret vague things like that. Again, this is doing Islam more harm than good.

Thirdly ,The Qur’an is a book of God but it has to be interpreted by humans. Human limitations cause it to be interpreted differently. How could there be a book that everyone could understand clearly without making correct attempt to do so

These are the reasons what I could think of but the rest Allah Swt knows the best

There are a thousand different ways to interpret "making things from smoke"

There is only one way to interpret a clear statement, even if it doesn't sound as pretty, like "Stars eventually die and when they die they explode into a cloud of dust which can reconverge into a new star, in fact the sun was formed after 2 previous stars exploded"

If the Quran said something clear like that I would be impressed. But it doesn't. If the Quran actually had science in it, Muslims would have been 1,000 years ahead of the West in understanding astronomy and cosmology. But they weren't. They, like us, discovered things about astronomy and cosmology through honest science, not by interpreting vague lines in a book that could mean anything you want them to mean.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

*climbs up on pontoon boat"

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist
LOL... so the Quran can talk about jinns and creating the world from smoke and people would believe that? But it can't say there were 2 suns before our sun and earth? I think that's a poor excuse.

So why did Allah write it so vaguely if it's easy to misinterpret when it could have simply been written more clearly and concisely?

It's because there is no science in the Quran. People have taken vague passages from holy books and claimed that it's really referring to science for a while now; it's called the Forer Effect to misinterpret vague things like that. Again, this is doing Islam more harm than good.

There are a thousand different ways to interpret "making things from smoke"

There is only one way to interpret a clear statement, even if it doesn't sound as pretty, like "Stars eventually die and when they die they explode into a cloud of dust which can reconverge into a new star, in fact the sun was formed after 2 previous stars exploded"

If the Quran said something clear like that I would be impressed. But it doesn't. If the Quran actually had science in it, Muslims would have been 1,000 years ahead of the West in understanding astronomy and cosmology. But they weren't. They, like us, discovered things about astronomy and cosmology through honest science, not by interpreting vague lines in a book that could mean anything you want them to mean.

First ,Jinns=Ghosts and many people of that time and time before that believed in there existence

And actually there was small "wadi jinn" near makkah which still exists after that name ,so the people believed in Jinns thats is why they gave it this name

Secondly , If for the sake of argument I agree with you that the Quranic miracles related to science are just vague or fluke

I ask you a question , whats the probability that all the verses of Quran & Hadis related to science is 100% correct??? isn't it too much for a fluke !!

Come on more than 1400 verses related to science and none are wrong and same with the Hadis

Thirdly, Quran dosent says "make things from smoke"

Now are twisting things and according to you it should had been dust but Quran is more accurate than even recent science and fact it mentions 1400 years ago

And you also said "this is doing Islam more harm than good" thats according to you ,according to your limited knowledge , infact many top scientists agree with Quran and accepting Islam it.

for e.g Proff Keith Moore was shown the verse related to embryology , he was astonished and said

"At first I was astonished by the accuracy of the statements that were recorded in the 7th century AD, before the science of embryology was established. It is clear to me that these statements must have come to Muhammad from God, or Allah, because most of this knowledge was not discovered until many centuries later. This proves to me that Muhammad must have been a messenger of God, or Allah."

Last edited:

skydivephil

First ,Jinns=Ghosts and many people of that time and time before that believed in there existence

And actually there was small "wadi jinn" near makkah which still exists after that name ,so the people believed in Jinns thats is why they gave it this name

Secondly , If for the sake of argument I agree with you that the Quranic miracles related to science are just vague or fluke

I ask you a question , whats the probability that all the verses of Quran & Hadis related to science is 100% correct??? isn't it too much for a fluke !!

Come on more than 1400 verses related to science and none are wrong and same with the Hadis

Now are twisting things and according to you it should had been dust but Quran is more accurate than even recent science and fact it mentions 1400 years ago

And you also said "this is doing Islam more harm than good" thats according to you ,according to your limited knowledge , infact many top scientists agree with Quran and accepting Islam it.

for e.g Proff Keith Moore was shown the verse related to embryology , he was astonished and said

"At first I was astonished by the accuracy of the statements that were recorded in the 7th century AD, before the science of embryology was established. It is clear to me that these statements must have come to Muhammad from God, or Allah, because most of this knowledge was not discovered until many centuries later. This proves to me that Muhammad must have been a messenger of God, or Allah."

And who was paying Keith Moore when he said thi? Was it the Saudis by any chance? Now that he is not emplyed by the Sauids is he still saying it? If keith Moore was so astounded by the Qur'an how come he is not a Muslim?

Let's take a couple of examples of your claims.

Firstly
"The Big Bang

- Sura 21, verse 30

"Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation) before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?"

It matches perfectly with Big Bang theory according to which the universe would have been first concentrated at a very hot and dense but infinitely small point. "

This doesnt match present day cosmology at all. In fact this is a huge error and shows the Qur'an was not written by a divine being. The reason is that it deosnt say the entire universe was in a hot condensed state , what it says is that the Earth and the heavens were one and were then seperated. Ie The Earth formed by being seperated from the heavens. Now whats exact opposite to planets forming by being torn apart? The oppoiste is having them form by clumping together. That's exactly how planets form by clumping together:
Star & Planet Formation

It specifically says the Earth was formed in such a way (beign seperated fromt he heavens). If it was referring to the early universe why refer to the Earth which formed about 9 billion years later?

Next:

"Cosmology and the Big Bang" by David Pratt

Expanding universe

Sura 51, verse 47

"The heaven, We have built it with power, Verily We are expanding it."

(the present is used for the verb expand) (The word "heaven" designates all that is exterior to Earth).

Now does the Qur'an really say this ?
Here's a web site where you can check multiple translations:
QUR'AN CHAPTER 51: ADH-DHARIYAT (THE WINNOWING WINDS)

here are the translations:

Ahmed Raza Khan: Mohammed Aqib Qadri:
And We have built the heaven with hands (the Divine Power), and it is We Who give the expanse.

Yusuf Ali:
With power and skill did We construct the Firmament: for it is We Who create the vastness of space.
Pickthal:
We have built the heaven with might, and We it is Who make the vast extent (thereof).

Notice none of these translations says anyhting about an expanding universe.

Now lets look at Islam City:
51:47 (Asad) AND IT IS We who have built the universe [30] with [Our creative] power; and, verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it. [31] -
51:47 (Y. Ali) With power and skill did We construct the Firmament: for it is We Who create the vastness of pace.
51:47 (Picktall) We have built the heaven with might, and We it is who make the vast extent (thereof). -

Note that only 1 translator here mentions the expanding universe and he of course did his transaltion after the BIg Bang was suggested. If we consider this as the correct translation then the Qur'an is proven wrong because the universe is not expanding steadily but an accelretaed rate:
Accelerating universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

Scientists are not rushing into Islam, that is blatantly false. As I said, none of the scientists Muslims keep quoting actually converted to Islam -- I find that very telling. Were they by chance employed by Muslims when they were making those statements? I haven't seen them utter those statements ever since, after all.

Science is not for sale, so if these people were saying this stuff because they were employed at the time then they are terrible "scientists."

Either way it doesn't matter if they gave their support for Islam: find me 1 scientist who says there is science in the Quran and I'll find you 1,000 that say there is not. Even then it wouldn't matter (it wouldn't even be in my favor) because arguments from authority are fallacious.

As for defending the use of Jinns in the Quran, it still makes ridiculous claims. I don't really have the time to wade through it to look them up but I know there is a verse about talking trees in one of the Hadiths for instance. If so, then clearly the Quran wasn't worried about people not believing it because it stated ridiculous things -- it doesn't get much more ridiculous than talking trees.

I've also seen a verse where someone follows a road until they reached the "setting-place of the sun," which was setting in a spring or something. A quick google gives the verse 18:85-86

"And he followed a road; Till, when he reached the setting-place of the sun, he found it setting in a muddy spring, and found a people thereabout..."

How is this verse compatible with the fact that the earth orbits the sun?

A quick googling also shows problem with the embryology claims, such as the clot becoming bone and then Allah putting flesh around the bone -- that would be backwards; flesh comes first then bone.

I'll let you try to explain these objections but it just doesn't look very impressive to me at all.

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist
And who was paying Keith Moore when he said thi? Was it the Saudis by any chance? Now that he is not emplyed by the Sauids is he still saying it? If keith Moore was so astounded by the Qur'an how come he is not a Muslim?

Let's take a couple of examples of your claims.

Firstly
"The Big Bang

- Sura 21, verse 30

"Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation) before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?"

It matches perfectly with Big Bang theory according to which the universe would have been first concentrated at a very hot and dense but infinitely small point. "

This doesnt match present day cosmology at all. In fact this is a huge error and shows the Qur'an was not written by a divine being. The reason is that it deosnt say the entire universe was in a hot condensed state , what it says is that the Earth and the heavens were one and were then seperated. Ie The Earth formed by being seperated from the heavens. Now whats exact opposite to planets forming by being torn apart? The oppoiste is having them form by clumping together. That's exactly how planets form by clumping together:
Star & Planet Formation

It specifically says the Earth was formed in such a way (beign seperated fromt he heavens). If it was referring to the early universe why refer to the Earth which formed about 9 billion years later?

Next:

"Cosmology and the Big Bang" by David Pratt

Expanding universe

Sura 51, verse 47

"The heaven, We have built it with power, Verily We are expanding it."

(the present is used for the verb expand) (The word "heaven" designates all that is exterior to Earth).

Now does the Qur'an really say this ?
Here's a web site where you can check multiple translations:
QUR'AN CHAPTER 51: ADH-DHARIYAT (THE WINNOWING WINDS)

here are the translations:

Ahmed Raza Khan: Mohammed Aqib Qadri:
And We have built the heaven with hands (the Divine Power), and it is We Who give the expanse.

Yusuf Ali:
With power and skill did We construct the Firmament: for it is We Who create the vastness of space.
Pickthal:
We have built the heaven with might, and We it is Who make the vast extent (thereof).

Notice none of these translations says anyhting about an expanding universe.

Now lets look at Islam City:
51:47 (Asad) AND IT IS We who have built the universe [30] with [Our creative] power; and, verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it. [31] -
51:47 (Y. Ali) With power and skill did We construct the Firmament: for it is We Who create the vastness of pace.
51:47 (Picktall) We have built the heaven with might, and We it is who make the vast extent (thereof). -

Note that only 1 translator here mentions the expanding universe and he of course did his transaltion after the BIg Bang was suggested. If we consider this as the correct translation then the Qur'an is proven wrong because the universe is not expanding steadily but an accelretaed rate:
Accelerating universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

First for clarification for expanding universe

Translations of 51:47

Yusuf Ali "With power and skill did We construct the Firmament: for it is We Who create the vastness of space."

Sarwar "We have made the heavens with Our own hands and We expanded it"

Khalifa "We constructed the sky with our hands, and we will continue to expand it"

QXP :And it is We Who have built the Universe, and behold, We are steadily expanding it."

Actually most of the translations refers that universe is expanding

i will post even Arabic and translate it word by word

"Waalssamaa banaynaha bi-aydin wa-inna lamoosiAAoona "

And the sky/space We built/constructed it with power/support , and We are extending/spreading (E)

You can open online Arabic dictionary to confirm it

the big bang

Quran

"Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation) before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?". (Quran 21:30)

The heavens and the earth "whole Universes" or "as one unit of creation"

were created from one thing where all matter and energy squeezed into a tiny volume called by The Glorious Qur’an 'Ratq'.

These original contents was joined together (Ratq) and the trigger of the creation start with Instantaneous cleft called by The Glorious Qur’an Fatq .

Freaker

Scientists are not rushing into Islam, that is blatantly false. As I said, none of the scientists Muslims keep quoting actually converted to Islam -- I find that very telling. Were they by chance employed by Muslims when they were making those statements? I haven't seen them utter those statements ever since, after all.

Many top scientist interview after they were shown scientific verses from Quran
===========================================

Durja Rao (Professor of Marine Geology )

"It is difficult to imagine that this type of knowledge was existing at that time, around 1400 years back. May be some of the things they have simple idea about, but to describe those things in great detail is very difficult. So this is definitely not simple human knowledge. A normal human being cannot explain this phenomenon in that much detail. So, I thought the information must have come from a supernatural source."

=========================================
Professor Siaveda ( Professor of Marine Geology, Japan.)

I think it seems to me very, very mysterious, almost unbelievable. I really think if what you have said is true, the book is really a very remarkable book, I agree."

========================================
Tejatat Tejasen (Chairman of the Department of Anatomy and is the former Dean of the faculty of Medicine, University of Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand.)

"In the last three years, I became interested in the Qur'an... From my studies and what I have learned throughout this conference, I believe that everything that has been recorded in the Qur'an fourteen hundred years ago must be the truth, that can be proved by the scientific means.

Since the Prophet Muhammad could neither read nor write, Muhammad must be a messenger who relayed this truth which was revealed to him as an enlightenment by the one who is eligible creator. This creator must be God, or Allah.

I think this is the time to say La ilaha illa Allah, there is no god to worship except Allah (God), Muhammad rasoolu Allah, Muhammad is Messenger of Allah...

The most precious thing I have gained from coming to this conference is La ilaha illa Allah, and to have become Muslim."

E. Marshall Johnson ( Professor and Chairman of the Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, and Director of the Daniel Baugh Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA)

"...in summary, the Qur'an describes not only the development of external form, but emphasises also the internal stages, the stages inside the embryo, of its creation and development, emphasising major events recognised by contemporary science."

T.V.N. Persaud (Professor of Anatomy, and Professor of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)

It seems to me that Muhammad was a very ordinary man, he couldn't read, didn't know how to write, in fact he was an illiterate...

We're talking about 1400 years ago, you have some illiterate person making profound statements that are amazingly accurate, of a scientific nature...

I personally can't see how this could be mere chance, there are too many accuracies and like Dr. Moore, I have no difficulty in my mind reconciling that this is a divine inspiration or revelation which lead him to these statements."

==========================================
Joe Leigh Simpson(Professor and Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA.)

"... these Hadiths (sayings of Muhammad) could not have been obtained on the basis of the scientific knowledge that was available at the time of the 'writer'... It follows that not only is there no conflict between genetics and religion (Islam) but in fact religion (Islam) may guide science by adding revelation to some of the traditional scientific approaches... There exist statements in the Qur'an shown centuries later to be valid which support knowledge in the Qur'an having been derived from God."

===========================================
Gerald C. Goeringer(Professor and Co-ordinator of Medical Embryology in the Department of Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Georgetown University, Washington DC, USA)

"...In a relatively few ayahs (Qur'anic verses) is contained a rather comprehensive description of human development from the time of commingling of the gametes through organogenesis. No such distinct and complete record of human development such as classification, terminology, and description existed previously. In most, if not all instances, this description antedates by many centuries the recording of the various stages of human embryonic and fetal development recorded in the traditional scientific literature."

want me to continue:sarcastic

Atomist

I love you.

Red herring much? Of course it's known that the human body is made out of 60-70% "water" but unfortunately calling living things made out of water is completely wrong anymore than saying "well that soda is made out of water because it's mostly water".

When the human body is examined today, many elements present on the earth are also discovered to be found in the human body. Living tissues contain 95% carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus and sulphur, with a total of 26 different elements.
Well yeah... because we're adapted to take advantage of the elements present on earth and the properties it has. So what? Doesn't mean we're made from clay...
Especially when clay is made out of Silicates and Water...

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Source :The origin of creation : clay & water !

coccyx.jpg

The Coccyx is the last bone in the vertebral column

Stages of foetus formation:

When the sperm fecundate the ovule, foetus formation starts. The fecundated ovule or the zygote divides into 2 cells, and each cell divides into another 2 cells. Cells division and growth continue until the formation of the embryonic disk that contains 2 layers:
External “Epiblast”: contains the cytotrophoblasts that fix the embryo in the uterus wall and enable its nutrition from the blood and the secretions of the glands of the uterus wall.
Internal “Hypoblast”: From which the foetus is formed with the Will of Allah The Almighty. On the day15 the primitive streakappears in the dorsal aspect of the embryo with a pointed end called the primitive node.

The side on which the primitive streak appears is known as the back of the embryonic disc. From the primitive streak and node all the foetus tissues and organs are formed as follows:
The Ectoderm: gives the skin and the central nervous system
The Mesoderm: gives the digestive tract smooth muscles, the skeletal muscles, the circulation system, the heart, the bones the sexual and urinary systems (except the bladder), the subcutaneous tissues, the lymphatic system, the spleen and the cortex.
The Endoderm: the linings of the digestive tract and the respiratory system, the organs related to the digestive tract (ex: liver and pancreas), the bladder, the thyroid gland, the hearing canal.

After that, the primitive streak and node become emaciated and reside in the sacral zone, in the last vertebrae, so that the coccyx is formed.

Therefore, the primitive streak and the primitive node represent the coccyx that the prophet (PBUH) told us about.(1)

e1c267c32de509a042a23c1696ae0d60.jpeg

the primitive streak and node become emaciated and reside in the sacral zone, in the last vertebrae, so that the coccyx is formed

source :The Coccyx

:rolleyes:

This is exactly what we mean by taking some vague allusion and cooking it up to make it look all sciencey. If the quran said people were made out of ping pong balls, you'd say: See, the zygote is hollow and round, and the nobel quran is fulfilled by science. If it said people were made of beer, you'd point out the similarity of their composition.

It's hilarious, it makes a very bad impression, and what's really sad is that you're so befuddled by your childhood indoctrination that to you it actually looks true!

People are not made of water or clay or a combination of the two. Sorry, it's just wrong.

Religious indoctrination of children makes me sad; it impairs their thinking processes.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
want me to continue:sarcastic

No, because most of those quotes came from people who were coerced and bribed by Saudi affiliats -- including with gifts of $1,000 and lavish hotel rooms and a gift crystal watch.

You are doing Islam a disservice by quoting that stuff -- I'll assume that you didn't realize most of those quotes came from bribes and coersion. See my post in the Science vs Religion section where it came out that those scientists were put under extreme pressure to make those statements. I think I titled it "New info on "Quran Scientists""

skydivephil

First for clarification for expanding universe

Translations of 51:47

Yusuf Ali "With power and skill did We construct the Firmament: for it is We Who create the vastness of space."

Sarwar "We have made the heavens with Our own hands and We expanded it"

Khalifa "We constructed the sky with our hands, and we will continue to expand it"

QXP :And it is We Who have built the Universe, and behold, We are steadily expanding it."

Actually most of the translations refers that universe is expanding

i will post even Arabic and translate it word by word

"Waalssamaa banaynaha bi-aydin wa-inna lamoosiAAoona "

And the sky/space We built/constructed it with power/support , and We are extending/spreading (E)

You can open online Arabic dictionary to confirm it

the big bang

Quran

"Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation) before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?". (Quran 21:30)

The heavens and the earth "whole Universes" or "as one unit of creation"

were created from one thing where all matter and energy squeezed into a tiny volume called by The Glorious Qur’an 'Ratq'.

These original contents was joined together (Ratq) and the trigger of the creation start with Instantaneous cleft called by The Glorious Qur’an Fatq .

Notice how I provided links so anyone can check the translations I provided and you did not. Even if your translations check out at best you have a phrase with no clear translation. If plenty of Arabic experts cant agree on how to translate it , It cant have such a clear meaning as you say. Furthermore your literal translation and this is lets emphasis YOUR literal translation told its sky/space which implies it could be the sky or even the Earth the Qur'an is referring as much as space. The Earth and is actually contracting:
Expanding Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lets suppose the expanding Earth was found to be expanding and the universe not, you could have easily switched what the Qur'an was referring to such is the vaguness of you passage.

That's of course with the assumption that the phrase is exapnding; which as weve seen several translators do not agree. They translate it as expanse , which means creating a large area, nothing to do with anything expanding.
If youve ever read any real science youll know it uses highly precise language. Things are quantified, now if the Qur'an had given us the value of th Hubble constand (and why not?) then i would be very impressed. But it does nothing of the sortwhich is why people likle myself and Meow Mix who actually study real astronimical science are not in the least bit impressed. Youll also find the vast majority of astronomers and cosmologists are not muslims , wonder why?

Moreover there was a debate in comsology between those that accpeetd the bIg Bang and those that did not . The evidence was not really settled until the discovery of the CMB. If the Qur'an was so clear in an expanding universe where were all the Muslim scholars putting there necks out and saying the Big Bang was true before the evidence was in as it was supposedly implied by the Qur'an? Read a book on the history of comsology and you'll find they were nowehere to be found. Coincidence? I dont think so. Retrofitting is far more likely.

You havent at all answered my point about accretion. Th Earth ws formed very gradully by having little bits of matter clump togherther, not by having one big piece of matter torn apart. This is the exact opposite of what the Qur'an claims. YOuve asked for a scientific error in the Qur'an , there you have it.
Now you claim this refers to the big bang singluarity , but in which case why does it specificallyr refer to the creation of the Earth which happenedd 9 billion years later ? The Qur'an doesnt even give us a clear definition of what heavens refers to. What for example, are the seven heavens? In real science everything is clearly defined. In your imaginary science you have some vague passages which you twist in your mind to mean what you want them to mean.