• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Titan -Saturns moon "earth in the making?"

Abram

Abraham
I saw a show the other day on Nova about a ship they flew out to the planet Titan a moon of Saturn. It was a great show and they definitely dressed it up with some cool pictures and computer effects.
They said to have found all the elements needed to create a new earth. A crazy claim that would jog anyones mind in to thought.
Any one hear of this or see the show?

Ormiston

Abram said:
I saw a show the other day on Nova about a ship they flew out to the planet Titan a moon of Saturn. It was a great show and they definitely dressed it up with some cool pictures and computer effects.
They said to have found all the elements needed to create a new earth. A crazy claim that would jog anyones mind in to thought.
Any one hear of this or see the show?

I watch a lot of shows on the Science Channel and this one sounds familiar. I absolutely love the deep space effects that they use. I also love popping in every few weeks and checking out the Hubble Telescope images. I still believe in my gut that the universe is absolutely teaming with life and I just hope I'm around long enough to see when they finally do discover it.

Abram

Abraham
Ormiston said:
I watch a lot of shows on the Science Channel and this one sounds familiar. I absolutely love the deep space effects that they use. I also love popping in every few weeks and checking out the Hubble Telescope images. I still believe in my gut that the universe is absolutely teaming with life and I just hope I'm around long enough to see when they finally do discover it.
If you like images these would blow your mind. They have pictures of Saturns rings that are amazing. The rings are made of ice and the further the ring, the cleaner the ice, which changes it's color.

evearael

My question is whether in the program 'create a new earth' refers to the natural development of life or colonization.

Abram

Abraham
evearael said:
My question is whether in the program 'create a new earth' refers to the natural development of life or colonization.
Both in theory. They think that if they can find any living organism on the planet that over a billion+ years it could create a earth. They are making a huge theory based on photos of a river bed and the fact that they landed on a river bed.
They say that all the ingredients to make life are available there. Its just in it's early process.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"All the elements needed to create a new Earth?"

Your average biochemical supply house contains all the elements needed to create a cat, but don't expect one to appear. It takes more than elements to produce an Earth.
And then there's the problem with location -- Titan's a bit far from the sun for a pleasant climate.

Abram

Abraham
Seyorni said:
"All the elements needed to create a new Earth?"

Your average biochemical supply house contains all the elements needed to create a cat, but don't expect one to appear. It takes more than elements to produce an Earth.
And then there's the problem with location -- Titan's a bit far from the sun for a pleasant climate.
I agree a 100%. But if these planet like moons pop up all over the galaxy then maybe 10 billion years ago earth popped up just in the right place, here!
I'm only relaying the message they presented. I'm a young earth creationist, but who here cares what I am?

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Seyorni said:
...And then there's the problem with location -- Titan's a bit far from the sun for a pleasant climate.
Very true, and good point about the cat.:p

I didn't see the show, but I remember reading about Titan's atmosphere late last year. Very interesting stuff.

One question does come to mind....;)...if evolution were solely responsible for life on earth, then logic suggests that we should have found life on Titan. Since we haven't.....well, I think this sums it up.
It takes more than elements to produce an Earth.:162:

evearael

Evolution just describes the process of life changing over time after it has gotten started. It does not provide an explanation of how life came to exist in the first place.

Abram

Abraham
CaptainXeroid said:

I didn't see the show, but I remember reading about Titan's atmosphere late last year. Very interesting stuff.

One question does come to mind....;)...if evolution were solely responsible for life on earth, then logic suggests that we should have found life on Titan. Since we haven't.....well, I think this sums it up.
It may not be upto our stage of development yet, stll a billion plus years to go. That and the sun needs to find a way to get closer.
If ever get the chance to see this episode you must. Have a feeling some of it was made up. I think Titan will become the anti-Christ.:eek: The one peice to the puzzle science was looking for.

Ormiston

Are we still talking about science?

Seyorni said:
It takes more than elements to produce an Earth.

We've covered heat. Then there's time. I would think a magnetic field protecting the planet would be useful too. What else?

Abram said:
The one peice to the puzzle science was looking for.

I know you're just kidding around, but do you really believe science cares half as much about religion as religion does about science?

SoyLeche

meh...
CaptainXeroid said:

How does logic suggest that?

Abram

Abraham
Ormiston said:
I know you're just kidding around, but do you really believe science cares half as much about religion as religion does about science?
Well this goes both ways here. Some in science care and some in religion care.
I could care less though, but I love things that make me go hummmmm...

Abram

Abraham
evearael said:
Evolution just describes the process of life changing over time after it has gotten started. It does not provide an explanation of how life came to exist in the first place.
From the web site:

A place called home?

NOVA: Could there be life in that water?
Porco: Well, this is the Holy Grail of modern-day planetary exploration. The cardinal goal is to find those places in the solar system that might have given rise to life. And that is life as we know it: carbon-based and developing and living in water. There may be other forms of life, but right now we are at a loss to even know how to look for them. So we're looking for life that is like us. That means looking for water.
nav_calloutlines_top.gif

Tidal heating--friction in the core caused by a nearby gravitational field (Jupiter's)--can be a considerable heat source.

*edit: Oops, Titan is one of Saturn's moons, not Jupiter's. That would be Saturn's gravitational field causing tidal heating. My bad. :p

CaptainXeroid said:
One question does come to mind....;)...if evolution were solely responsible for life on earth, then logic suggests that we should have found life on Titan.
I agree with SoyLeche: I don't think that logic follows.